2019 MLB Season Thread

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Okay guys who gets Madison Bumgardner at the trade deadline? I would like to see the braves pull the trigger on him.

I'm shocked he didn't get moved...Someone like the Twins could have used him. ;)

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I hear you. The Yanks sold the farm before I know Mad Bum would put be a big help. I am really interested in seeing what happens because the playoff races are shaping up to be really exciting.

Astros getting Greinke @ the deadline...can't be a coincidence he was pitching vs the Yanks...shut them down for 5 innings straight after giving up.a couple cheap runs...then BOOM....trade goes down.

Got a feeling Yanks and Astros are on a collision course like they were in 2017....But the Twins may have soemthing to say about that. That Yanks vs Twins series last week felt like playoff baseball. Hicks catch in center field may be the play of the year so far. ;)

Still can't figure out Boston...after taking 3 of 4 last week in Boston...they turn around and just crap the bed vs the Rays. NY could gut them this weekend w/ a payback sweep.:D

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
That entire series looks great. I've been so busy here, over the last week or so that I didn't see a single game but man, looked like one hell of a series.

That was the best series I've watched...regular season....since maybe when the Yanks and Red Sox were slugging it out..2004. It was that good. ;)

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This is one of my favorite sports day of the year. It's trade deadline day. I remember when I was young, sitting in a car listening to KMOX out of St Louis (it was the only baseball station with a strong enough signal) to hear if the Mets traded Tom Seaver. They did and I was heart broken. Little did I know that night would always be referred to in Mets lore as the Midnight Massacre. But still you were excited that they may possibly be getting some great players in return. I learned early on the Mets did not know what they were doing. 42 years later, the incompetence continues.

Good story...

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Hard to believe it's been 40 years. I remember the night of the crash....I was 9 ..and I guess I just didn't understand death @ the time. Took me a few weeks to finally understand..he wasn't coming back.....ever. He was one of my favorite players.

RIP...Thurman :(

ThurmanMunson_crop_north.jpg

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Certainly what Houston did doesn't give them the World Series Title, but talent wise top to bottom they're the best in baseball.

I still think the Yanks have more talent...Houston has the pitching though. Problem w/ NY...they seriously haven't been able to put their best lineup together all season....And I'm really starting to have my doubts about Boone as a manager. Hate his lineups...He doesn't know when to pull a struggling starting pitcher....Like I said...I think these 2 are destined to run into one another again...and it will be a classic. ;)

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I still think the Yanks have more talent...Houston has the pitching though. Problem w/ NY...they seriously haven't been able to put their best lineup together all season....And I'm really starting to have my doubts about Boone as a manager. Hate his lineups...He doesn't know when to pull a struggling starting pitcher....Like I said...I think these 2 are destined to run into one another again...and it will be a classic. ;)

The Stros have quite a bit more talent than the Yanks. The only positions where the Yanks are better are C and RF. Both pens are fairly equal if Bettances returns to his former self.

kskboys

Reaction score
Why? I have a great friend who is a Yanks fan, and he was just telling me how the Astros lineup compares to the 98 Yanks lineup. Yanks have a better closer, n that's the only area I can see in which they are better.

kskboys

Reaction score
The Stros have quite a bit more talent than the Yanks. The only positions where the Yanks are better are C and RF. Both pens are fairly equal if Bettances returns to his former self.
And at C, that's only in the hitting dept. Sanchez is a terrible D catcher. And this year w/ him hitting .229, that's not even much of a difference any more!!!

RodeoJake

Reaction score
And at C, that's only in the hitting dept. Sanchez is a terrible D catcher. And this year w/ him hitting .229, that's not even much of a difference any more!!!

I don't follow the Yanks much. I hadn't heard about his struggles, only Stanton's knee issues and their 1B's hernia. Knowing that, we have the advantage at C too. Chrinos out hits him and Machete is light years better defensively. If the Yanks have home field advantage, the talent gap evens out. They're hard to beat at Yankee stadium.

kskboys

Reaction score
Strange that the proclamation maker is afraid to come back and defend his proclamation. I guess even he realizes he's wrong!!!!!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Keep thinking that. You do realize the Yanks have had 24 players on the DL..right? And just about every one of them have contrubited this year. NY haven't put their best lineup on the field yet. It's gonna be funny when rosters expand to 40 players...and everyone wonders how the Yanks got so deep. ;)

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Why? I have a great friend who is a Yanks fan, and he was just telling me how the Astros lineup compares to the 98 Yanks lineup. Yanks have a better closer, n that's the only area I can see in which they are better.

Closer? :laugh:

You better look @ that roster again...they got like 6 guys that could or have been closers.

Aroldis Chapman
Zack Britton
Tommy Kahnle
Adam Ottavino
Betancies
Chad Green

And we are 2 deep across the board. I'm betting w/ the lead we have built up in the East...It's gonna give players time to heal up....I think we are the team to beat.