2019 MLB Season Thread

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
And at C, that's only in the hitting dept. Sanchez is a terrible D catcher. And this year w/ him hitting .229, that's not even much of a difference any more!!!

I would agree...But he has been much better this year.. Has over 20 bombs...then got nicked up in the thumb...then the groin. The time off for him is a blessing. He's gonna heal up and rake...just watch. He's one of those guys....he needs to be healthy to be successful. That's just who he is. He's a top notch guy when healthy...kind of streaky...in a way...in the fact he can get red hot w/ the bat...and hit HRs in bunches.

kskboys

Reaction score
Closer? :laugh:

You better look @ that roster again...they got like 6 guys that could or have been closers.

Aroldis Chapman
Zack Britton
Tommy Kahnle
Adam Ottavino
Betancies
Chad Green

And we are 2 deep across the board. I'm betting w/ the lead we have built up in the East...It's gonna give players time to heal up....I think we are the team to beat.
Depth? In baseball, depth is almost irrelevant, except on the pitching staff. Astros have like 5 guys who can close. Like I said, Yanks have a slight edge there, but no where else.

kskboys

Reaction score
I would agree...But he has been much better this year.. Has over 20 bombs...then got nicked up in the thumb...then the groin. The time off for him is a blessing. He's gonna heal up and rake...just watch. He's one of those guys....he needs to be healthy to be successful. That's just who he is. He's a top notch guy when healthy...kind of streaky...in a way...in the fact he can get red hot w/ the bat...and hit HRs in bunches.
Sanchez is a very good hitting catcher. Although his average is soso(.247 lifetime), he's one of the best hitting catchers in the game. His D sucks. Getting better? Sure, I guess, but he's simply not a natural catcher.

kskboys

Reaction score
We call that the F.N.G. factor....:laugh:

Now watch him go in the tank...
Sanchez is the first pitcher to throw 6 no hit innings after midseason trade since Greg Maddux in 2006.

Yup, you're right, happens all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Ok, Am I supposed to start believing the Mets are making a run here? Their defense and the back end of the bullpen are still a mess. Alonso has cooled off since the all star home run derby. Starting pitching has been really good tho. I will check back in a week to see if I should start believing. Where is Tug McGraw when you need him?
15MCGRAW-superJumbo.jpg

Johnny23

Reaction score
Astros getting Greinke @ the deadline...can't be a coincidence he was pitching vs the Yanks...shut them down for 5 innings straight after giving up.a couple cheap runs...then BOOM....trade goes down.

Got a feeling Yanks and Astros are on a collision course like they were in 2017....But the Twins may have soemthing to say about that. That Yanks vs Twins series last week felt like playoff baseball. Hicks catch in center field may be the play of the year so far. ;)

Still can't figure out Boston...after taking 3 of 4 last week in Boston...they turn around and just crap the bed vs the Rays. NY could gut them this weekend w/ a payback sweep.:D
It's looking like for sure. My Braves are looking good still young and so many ups and downs but Dallas Kiechel has been pitching great for us but no run support. I was really hoping for another bat in the the lineup but we're sticking with the kids.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok Metsies! I am starting to get interested. Don't go breakin my heart.

The Mets are doing good work.

With their rotation and some thump to the lineup they could be a force if they make it into the playoffs.

The kid the Astros sent to the Mets, J.D. Davis is doing well.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
The Mets are doing good work.

With their rotation and some thump to the lineup they could be a force if they make it into the playoffs.

The kid the Astros sent to the Mets, J.D. Davis is doing well.

Mcneil and Conforto are just red hot. Davis has started picking it back up to. Rosario and Frazier and playing good defense and while Alonso was said to be a liability he has made all the plays. The weak link on defense was Cano and he is now gone for the rest of the year. Lugo has been the best reliever and should probably be closing. You cant trust Familia and Diaz. If they can get those two going then they may make the playoffs. This weekend against the Nats is huge. They have to take 2 of 3.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Mcneil and Conforto are just red hot. Davis has started picking it back up to. Rosario and Frazier and playing good defense and while Alonso was said to be a liability he has made all the plays. The weak link on defense was Cano and he is now gone for the rest of the year. Lugo has been the best reliever and should probably be closing. You cant trust Familia and Diaz. If they can get those two going then they may make the playoffs. This weekend against the Nats is huge. They have to take 2 of 3.

Phillies are done. Good luck in the playoffs.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Phillies are done. Good luck in the playoffs.

lol- dude, I feel your pain. But I remember the Mets a few years ago had a 10 game lead with like 11 to play and lost it. My confidence in them is better than it was two weeks ago but I am also waiting for deja vu all over again. (as yogi would say) It has been a wierd season for sure in the national league. Other than the Dodgers and Braves, every team has gone through their bout of suckage.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dang I wish the WS started tomorrow. Astros would romp. Hitting on all cylinders and everyone back and healthy.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dallas Keuchel, last night at Miami: 3.2IP, 10H/8ER, 4K:1BB, 3HR. He has a 4.83 ERA for Atlanta this season.
Yesssss.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I generally don't root against former players, but this guy turned down a 17.9 mil one year offer w/ the explanation of something stupid like "I'm doing this for everyone, not for me." BS doesn't even make sense. He overvalued himself and got less.

Since Keuchel's Cy Young in 2015, he's had an up and down career, getting injured and missing time every year. The Astros offer was beyond fair, and he treated them like dog crapp.

Sour grapes? Absolutely. Hope he's not on the Braves playoff roster!!!!!!!