2021: Cowboys had the number 1 offense in the league

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We should have beaten if it wasn’t for some of the b.s. holding calls. If the OL improves overall then this team is going to wreck havoc in the league this season.

The MVP of the team is Dak not Parsons.:angry:
The Cowboys can play with anyone. They proved that last season.We just have to win the games against Tampa, Kansas City, Arizona, and San Francisco. We expect Dak and MM to step up. They disappeared in big moments last season. I hope it changes.

Flamma

Reaction score
In those 11 games they scored 29, 20,36, 35, 20,16, 43, 9 (oof), 33, 27, 22, which overall is still very good (I would do the other offenses taking out their divisional games but that would take too long and it still has them at 6 I believe so my point is still sound). I guess you could in theory keep removing teams but at that point you are simply trying to find bad games and saying that defines the offense which you said in your opening sentence does not define an offense.

If it is predictability you have that with other teams as well. You know the Buccs are going to struggle against the Saints. You know the Packers are going to struggle against the NFC West. Going back further you knew Brady's offenses would struggle against any team with a strong front 4 and you knew Peyton Manning offenses would struggle against teams with great corner play (which is why the Patriots always made sure to have great corner play). The Cowboys had a similar weakness to those Patriots teams and you saw it in the playoffs, but having a weakness does not make you bad, because every team has a weakness, the problem is that they could not scheme around it.

Edit: just to point out from a defense perspective I am pretty sure the NFC East was not even the worst of the divisions. For sure the NFC North and AFC South were worse and while Denver was a solid defense KC got to beat up on Chargers and Raiders awful defenses.

There's not much I can disagree with here. Lets just see if in this upcoming season if we see the same pattern. Slow starts or no starts from our offense against any team with a pulse.

Sully

Reaction score
    • 1st in points scored
    • 1st in yards gained
    • 2nd in passing yards
    • 3rd in passing TDs
    • Tied for 7th lowest in INTs
    • 4th in passing 1st downs
Negatives ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • They led the league in offensive penalties.
    • La'el was very close to Connor Williams in penalties/snap.
    • Penalties Per 100 Snaps
      • La'el Collins: 1.3
      • Connor Williams: 1.4
  • Playoff Game
    • Differential: (Cowboys - 49ers)
      • Passing Yards: 58
      • Rushing Yards: -92
      • Passing TDs: 1
      • Rushing TDs: -2
      • Turnovers: Even
      • Sacks Allowed: -5

Longtime Dallas fans DO NOT care about stats, personal players achievements, salaries, goals, cliches, winning the NFC East, etc..... All the above information is "nice" and yet, still didn't even win a playoff game. Get to a NFC Conference game ! You don't even have to win the darn game. Just get there. The Chiefs have been to the AFC Conference game 3-4 straight seasons. Dallas can't get to one (1) in 27 years. Not buying into anymore hype--get to the NFC Conference game.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
2403148199_1284b0edbc_o21.jpg

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They were number 1 7 weeks through 2020 (before Dak went down) and number 2 in 2019. What is the reason for all of those seasons? At some point the excuses run out and you have to admit that it is a very good offense.
So why can't we win?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Similar to Brady (GOAT) in 2020 Super Bowl run. He destroyed the Bucs horrible division and the weak teams on their schedule at the end of the year. Nobody wants to admit but Brady won the Super Bowl because of their defense. Brady was horrible in the playoffs.
It was sarcasm.....relax

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't even know what this thread is about. The Cowboys were not the best offense in the league. Not even close. Not every team got to play multiple times against teams that played backups. Dallas racked up a ton of yards and around 100 points on those throw away games. Completely useless stats.
If u really cared to. He k u would see similar situations for other teams. But I get you...Dak suck :(

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Longtime Dallas fans DO NOT care about stats, personal players achievements, salaries, goals, cliches, winning the NFC East, etc..... All the above information is "nice" and yet, still didn't even win a playoff game. Get to a NFC Conference game ! You don't even have to win the darn game. Just get there. The Chiefs have been to the AFC Conference game 3-4 straight seasons. Dallas can't get to one (1) in 27 years. Not buying into anymore hype--get to the NFC Conference game.
America's Cowboys bragged that we won NFCE, 3 playoff appearances, one playoff win in five years.

Bragged.

I could not believe it. Is he like 20? Never experienced our 90's domination?

Winning the once-feared now piss-poor NFCE....fine. One and done playoff game...unacceptable. It means we aren't very good no matter what stats we pile up, mostly against NFCE.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeah...sorry with Jerry at the helm that ain't happening for a while ...maybe never with him.
Unfortunately his son ain't much better

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I am just pointing out the media who started this Dink and Dak/ Romo crap from back in the day. Quarterbacks get their stats by beating up on bad teams. Dashawn Watson got 230 million guaranteed because of garbage time stats in 2020.
Oh I am with you on Watson. Never been much impressed with him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not very good at all. I think our run game has sucked for at least 2 years. Lack of clever run scheme, lack of consistent o-line personnel and performance. Injuries.

I HATE Kellen Moore run game. SUCKS!
I was talking about run defense against SF and just in general against better teams we struggled in run defense.

JBS

Reaction score
Against SF? Really. 160 yard rushing is good?....ok then
They basically pitched a shutout the entire 2h - save for the turnover that turned into a td the next play. Yes, sf ran the ball well. But Dallas should have been able to win that game the way it unfolded. The offense did squat.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
@xwalker always putting out good stuff here...this shows to me we got RID of the two issues on the o-line. The running game situation is yet to be seen if it can improve as I have little to no hope zeke will incline and not decline this year in production, possibly pricing pollard out of here.

the 5 sacks is why we lost, dak was under pressure for the whole game and was not comfortable at all...shame as McCarthy has tried to prop up our fans for coming to home games but that was no home field advantage at all, I'd much rather play away where our real fans do show up.
People dont realize the amount of pressure he was under that game. When Burrow got sacked 9 times he still wasnt pressured as close to dak was that game.

Flamma

Reaction score
If u really cared to. He k u would see similar situations for other teams. But I get you...Dak suck :(

I don't think Dak sucks. I must have said that 1000 times in here. Switch quarterbacks in our playoff game and I still think the 49ers win. I think we're an 8-8 team without a decent defense. I don't think it's all because of Dak. I just think the last 3 years our D pretty much determined our record. If our D plays like they did last year, or takes a step forward, we're going to win a lot of games. I just don't think our O as a whole is as good as people think it is. Dak isn't going to come in and change anything. He's going to be who is always is, a good quarterback. Not much more than that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
They basically pitched a shutout the entire 2h - save for the turnover that turned into a td the next play. Yes, sf ran the ball well. But Dallas should have been able to win that game the way it unfolded. The offense did squat.
I am not excusing the defense. They played bad. Gave up too many big plays..gave up 160 yards rushing..

Pitch a shut out second half sounds like a Dak type excuse or consolation prize....