2021: Cowboys had the number 1 offense in the league

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't think Dak sucks. I must have said that 1000 times in here. Switch quarterbacks in our playoff game and I still think the 49ers win. I think we're an 8-8 team without a decent defense. I don't think it's all because of Dak. I just think the last 3 years our D pretty much determined our record. If our D plays like they did last year, or takes a step forward, we're going to win a lot of games. I just don't think our O as a whole is as good as people think it is. Dak isn't going to come in and change anything. He's going to be who is always is, a good quarterback. Not much more than that.
I agree. I think defense needs to take the next step. Strong run defense and lots of sacks are usually determinants of a good defense

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do they hand out Lombardi's for the #1 offense in the league?

Yep, let the celebrations begin baby!!!!!

88G8.gif

Glory Days with our Leader Dak the Gene-gene of Garbage Stats machine!!!!

:muttley:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
..the OL fell apart in that SF game. Defense picked wrong day, to show up flat footed.
The D played good enough to win.

The O was 13-14 points below their scoring average. The D was only a few points above their points allowed average.

I had a strong feeling, like many people, that our O line was our biggest weakness. This played out in the loss to the Whiners.

I STILL think our O line is our biggest weakness!! I wish we would pickup one of the FA centers. I don’t see Biadaz increasing his power and strength enough. Tyron Smith is a BIG ? mark too!!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
    • 1st in points scored
    • 1st in yards gained
    • 2nd in passing yards
    • 3rd in passing TDs
    • Tied for 7th lowest in INTs
    • 4th in passing 1st downs
Negatives ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • They led the league in offensive penalties.
    • La'el was very close to Connor Williams in penalties/snap.
    • Penalties Per 100 Snaps
      • La'el Collins: 1.3
      • Connor Williams: 1.4
  • Playoff Game
    • Differential: (Cowboys - 49ers)
      • Passing Yards: 58
      • Rushing Yards: -92
      • Passing TDs: 1
      • Rushing TDs: -2
      • Turnovers: Even
      • Sacks Allowed: -5
All this means is dallas off was the "STAT Champions" of the nfl last season! do they give out trophys for that now?
Stats are meaningless and for fans.
Dak always has good stats, but is knocked out of playoffs early the 3 times he has got there.

And if you believe this says dallas has the best offense in nfl, then our coaches cant win in playoffs even with the best offense.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice post. I still stand by my comments that losing La'el, Conner and Randy is addition by subtraction. Collins and Conner were drive killers at the worst times and RG picked the most important game of his career to lay an egg. I feel our offensive line will be better without Conner and Collins and our defense will be better without RG. I'd rather have less talented players that are consistent than splash players that choke in the playoffs and against playoff teams. I feel we'll be a better team with them gone.

The player I really wish could have worked out was Cooper. But it is what it is. But with a more consistent offensive line Dak, Pollard, Zeke and WRs will be better.
Agree.

CW and La'el were penalty machines on offense.

Gregory had more penalties per snap than CW or La'el:
  • Penalties per 100 snaps
    • Gregory 1.6
    • CW: 1.4
    • La'el: 1.3
  • Gregory had 3 penalties on 3rd down.
    • 3rd and 20
    • 3rd and 11
    • 3rd and 5

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
The D played good enough to win.

Th…..!!

I beg to differ , we didnt stop their run game or dump offs to deebo , if the D played well enough , then they couldnt have been able to run all over us and Jimmy G would have had to pass , which could have been the best scenario, ( not guaranteed but could have intercepted and won ) .

Not stopping the run and not getting off the field was due to defense .

JBS

Reaction score
I am not excusing the defense. They played bad. Gave up too many big plays..gave up 160 yards rushing..

Pitch a shut out second half sounds like a Dak type excuse or consolation prize....
You are clueless if you think the defense didn’t do their part in the 2h. They played fine. Well enough to win.

Toro9

Reaction score
It's been said all off season that this team is not improved. That said, a better o line, given they all stay healthy, and a healthy Zeke? Maybe. I've also been hearing Dak has improved his velocity

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
San Francisco was only a bad team when they beat the Cowboys. They beat the Packers in Green Bay and should have beaten the Rams 3 times last season. Nobody gives the 49ers any credit.

They were also a 7 loss team and the last team in the playoffs. Philadelphia almost beat them, Wentz cooked them, Murray swept them… Dallas was a big reason why anyone remembers them at all.

Get the Cowboys at home, Rodgers’ latest choke job, and suddenly you’re this amazing NFCCG team

blueblood70

Reaction score
Agree.

• Gregory 1.6
    • 3rd and 20
    • 3rd and 11
    • 3rd and 5
also agree their losses are big overblown as some kind of major losses we can't replace. I disagree..

and add in Zurliens issues and we have got better just but letting them all go and saved money in the process.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
They were also a 7 loss team and the last team in the playoffs. Philadelphia almost beat them, Wentz cooked them, Murray swept them… Dallas was a big reason why anyone remembers them at all.

Get the Cowboys at home, Rodgers’ latest choke job, and suddenly you’re this amazing NFCCG team
That was early in the season when they struggled. The 49ers started slow but was one of the better football teams by the end of the season. If they hit on the quarterback and make peace with Deebo, they will probably win the NFC this season.

Big D

Reaction score
Agree.

• Gregory 1.6
    • 3rd and 20
    • 3rd and 11
    • 3rd and 5
:omg:. we probably win that game if gregory doesn't play.

plymkr

Reaction score
:omg:. we probably win that game if gregory doesn't play.
I agree. I'll say it again, addition by subtraction. If you have players that are unreliable their whole careers then winning playoff games is very difficult. Stability sets up winning.