2021: Cowboys had the number 1 offense in the league

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Where did i come across as unrelaxed or triggered??? I just asked a question. Is that what they call asking questions these days??? Lol
come on now...you started to threaten to pull stats and question marks everywhere.....did you see my emoji!?:rolleyes:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Refs and 14 penalties by the OL.

Smith is being moved inside, and under the shadow of the Pro Bowler next to him. His physicality and being inside should ease the transition he has with hand placements and removing penalty opportunities through time. He is quick and very strong at holding his point. He projects now, to a strong start at left guard and a future for left tackle.

This will curb some of the penalty environment in directional change.

As to moving into the future, now, I like the indicators with the other tackle taken in this draft...

“In my later years in high school, I had a lot of the baby fat,” Waletzko said. My first year [at North Dakota], I was 320, and then at fall camp, I just shed like 15 pounds. The workouts in college and nutrition and everything, it just kind of helps shape your body. But I really made an emphasis for myself to change my body, because I knew playing in that division, we had to be able to move, had to be agile, have strength, have good feet. And I just felt like I wasn’t at that point with the weight I was at coming in. So I made the changes. I feel really good right now. Just with my frame, I think I have room for more. Ultimately, being at that 312, 315, maybe even 320, when I get in the NFL, I think will be a good number for me.”

Projecting the Cowboys offensive tackle position for 2022 and beyond - Blogging The Boys

This group is focused as well as dedicated at the level of hard work.

The protection for Dak Prescott is here, now and improving. Having both Marting and the 'old' Smith doesn't hurt on positional improvements for Dak.

CCBoy

Reaction score
There is certainly a lot of work to be accomplished in camp this season.
Offense is going to have their hands full just with team practices, and thats not a bad thing, Parsons will be banging the drum and talking the talk, and rightfully so because he can walk the walk as well.
This defense will make this offense become better, but they are going to get embarrassed first.

This camp will have plenty of Mike Ditka like sounds around.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He doesn't like anyone talking bad about his Dakky Dak...... It was ok to trash the crap out of Romo back in the day, though.
What was said about Romo turned out to be true. What has been said about Dak has not...not yet. You simply can't handle that truth because it breaks your achy-breaky Romo loving heart. That's what your anti-Dak agenda is all about.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Smith is being moved inside, and under the shadow of the Pro Bowler next to him. His physicality and being inside should ease the transition he has with hand placements and removing penalty opportunities through time. He is quick and very strong at holding his point. He projects now, to a strong start at left guard and a future for left tackle.

This will curb some of the penalty environment in directional change.

As to moving into the future, now, I like the indicators with the other tackle taken in this draft...

“In my later years in high school, I had a lot of the baby fat,” Waletzko said. My first year [at North Dakota], I was 320, and then at fall camp, I just shed like 15 pounds. The workouts in college and nutrition and everything, it just kind of helps shape your body. But I really made an emphasis for myself to change my body, because I knew playing in that division, we had to be able to move, had to be agile, have strength, have good feet. And I just felt like I wasn’t at that point with the weight I was at coming in. So I made the changes. I feel really good right now. Just with my frame, I think I have room for more. Ultimately, being at that 312, 315, maybe even 320, when I get in the NFL, I think will be a good number for me.”

Projecting the Cowboys offensive tackle position for 2022 and beyond - Blogging The Boys

This group is focused as well as dedicated at the level of hard work.

The protection for Dak Prescott is here, now and improving. Having both Marting and the 'old' Smith doesn't hurt on positional improvements for Dak.

Ball is another one of those “mountain of a man” type guys like Waletzko as he also stands at 6’8” tall. He also weighs in at 304 pounds. Although he and Waletzko have a similar height/weight combination, he doesn’t have as long of arms or as big of hands as Waletzko. His arm length is 35” and his hand size 10” which are still long enough and big enough at the NFL level. Ball has a good first step and plays at a good pad level which is tough for someone who is 6’8” to do. Having a good pad level is very important because it helps in the leverage game. Having good leverage, and also strong hands, helps him maintain blocks without drawing a penalty.

With younger players, what can get them in trouble, is being over aggressive. They can be subject to double moves, lose a lower center of balance, and lose balance.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
What was said about Romo turned out to be true. What has been said about Dak has not...not yet. You simply can't handle that truth because it breaks your achy-breaky Romo loving heart. That's what your anti-Dak agenda is all about.

Both of you Stop it! Think of the children!
America's Cowboy, think of your worm and minnow farm!

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I understand both arguments about the offense. It was a good offense. But again, they played a lot of teams with losing records. Then, against teams with winning records, they didn't fare so well. They still played OK. But not like a number 1 offense should play.

I'd say overall, though, we're still a top 3-5 offense.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Marcus Mosher
@Marcus_Mosher

#Cowboys TE Dalton Schultz could be in for a sneaky big season in 2022. He caught 78 passes in 2021 and saw the second-most targets on the team. And with Amari Cooper/Cedrick Wilson gone and Michael Gallup injured... it wouldn't be a shock to see him eclipse 130 targets.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Oooorrr if zeurline wouldn't miss field goals...or if Jarwin and Schultz together could block a safety so we get into endzone....or if Zeke and CD wouldn't have brain farts and run out of bounce with less than two mm inutes to go....just sayin
How many times do we watch a football game and see a team kicking a bunch of FGs and you keep thinking this is going to come back to bite them. And they end up losing. The reasons your talking about are indirect reasons. DAK is a direct reason because of his inconsistency.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many times do we watch a football game and see a team kicking a bunch of FGs and you keep thinking this is going to come back to bite them. And they end up losing. The reasons your talking about are indirect reasons. DAK is a direct reason because of his inconsistency.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:angry:
It's the FG kicker or the Defense, the offline.....Zeke.....Coaching.....NEVER DAK!!!!!:muttley:

Swagger

Reaction score
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:angry:
It's the FG kicker or the Defense, the offline.....Zeke.....Coaching.....NEVER DAK!!!!!:muttley:
Don't forget the weather and the lack of curtains at Jerry World! :lmao:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
you are talking about a game, a close game. that came down to a FIELD GOAL...missed field goals cost you..... we scored 29. could have very easily been 33. don't forget he also missed a point after. or is your opinion that point after doesn't matter? but I know your expectations. its got to be only TDs, nothing but TDs, never field goals. NEVER. right? we should never have to kick a field goal. if we do, its a total failure on Dak's part. right?

btw, what about the incompetency of two TEs not being able to block a saftey at the 2, to allow zeke to get into the endzone...there is a TD for you? or is it your opinion that every TD has to be a passing TD, so you get a chance to knock Dak?

now, I have criticized Dak plenty, but he played well was against Tampa. you can't blame him for that game. but yeah, he didn't throw 5 TDs against the #5 defense and that's his fault. maybe he should ahve thrown 6 TDs. and we wouldn't have this conversation.

and what about Zeke and CD running out of bounds after a catch, with less than two minutes to go? is that Dak's fault too? perhaps he should have thrown it in the middle of the field only. yeah, that's it. it was his fault.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you are talking about a game, a close game. that came down to a FIELD GOAL...missed field goals cost you..... we scored 29. could have very easily been 33. don't forget he also missed a point after. or is your opinion that point after doesn't matter? but I know your expectations. its got to be only TDs, nothing but TDs, never field goals. NEVER. right? we should never have to kick a field goal. if we do, its a total failure on Dak's part. right?

btw, what about the incompetency of two TEs not being able to block a saftey at the 2, to allow zeke to get into the endzone...there is a TD for you? or is it your opinion that every TD has to be a passing TD, so you get a chance to knock Dak?

now, I have criticized Dak plenty, but he played well was against Tampa. you can't blame him for that game. but yeah, he didn't throw 5 TDs against the #5 defense and that's his fault. maybe he should ahve thrown 6 TDs. and we wouldn't have this conversation.

and what about Zeke and CD running out of bounds after a catch, with less than two minutes to go? is that Dak's fault too? perhaps he should have thrown it in the middle of the field only. yeah, that's it. it was his fault.

2 Words are enough for this one..........

red-zone-swag.gif

Flamma

Reaction score

Yeah, a kicker can ruin your day. I don't know if you're old enough to remember the 1993 Thanksgiving game against the Dolphins. When Leon Lett us all down. But prior to that drive I think we missed a FG to put us up by 5. It matters.

I just don't put any stock in week 1 games. Anyone can win week 1. Anything can happen in week 1. What you see in week 1 is not indicative of anything. We could beat the Bucs 35-0 in week 1, proceed to go 4-13 while they go on to win the Super Bowl. Week 1 is pretty much a preseason game that counts.