2021: Cowboys had the number 1 offense in the league

GINeric

Reaction score
You sure were fooled! The Cowboys defense got Dak 4 turnovers and had Daks converted them into TDs instead of settling for FGs maybe they win.

Every quarterback doesn't convert all 4 turnovers against the superbowl champions so i don't know why Dak is held to a higher standard. Dak could have played better in that game, no doubt, but its hilarious how he's held to a higher standard than most quarterbacks drafted higher than he was.

With that said, Dak gave the Cowboys an opportunity to win that game against the Bucs with a solid scoring drive, but the defense let Brady drive in fg range in less than a minute.

I guess thats Daks fault too.

Oh yeah, Dak had great games and beat Washington. Brady and the Bucs loss to Washington. So what kind of spin should i put on this??? What can i take away from that?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Every quarterback doesn't convert all 4 turnovers against the superbowl champions so i don't know why Dak is held to a higher standard. Dak could have played better in that game, no doubt, but its hilarious how he's held to a higher standard than most quarterbacks drafted higher than he was.

With that said, Dak gave the Cowboys an opportunity to win that game against the Bucs with a solid scoring drive, but the defense let Brady drive in fg range in less than a minute.

Oh yeah, Dak had great games and beat Washington. Brady and the Bucs loss to Washington. So what kind of spin should i put on this??? What can i take away from that?
:hammer::popcorn:

Hadenough

Reaction score

I'm not holding Dak to a high standard I have always thought of Dak as about 10 to12 ranked QB. It just drives me crazy when people start mentioning his name with these other QBs that have had more success in the playoffs. As far as Brady losing to the WFT you could see it coming. I watched that game and Brady just stunk it up along with the ball bouncing Washington's way. Kudos to them for getting that Victory. But QBs that have proven that they can play well and lead their teams to Victory in the playoffs get a pass more than guys that haven't performed well. Romo was under the gun the whole time too. Dak wins a SB and he will be getting plenty of passes.

GINeric

Reaction score
I'm not holding Dak to a high standard I have always thought of Dak as about 10 to12 ranked QB. It just drives me crazy when people start mentioning his name with these other QBs that have had more success in the playoffs. As far as Brady losing to the WFT you could see it coming. I watched that game and Brady just stunk it up along with the ball bouncing Washington's way. Kudos to them for getting that Victory. But QBs that have proven that they can play well and lead their teams to Victory in the playoffs get a pass more than guys that haven't performed well. Romo was under the gun the whole time too. Dak wins a SB and he will be getting plenty of passes.

I definitely agree with what you said here. At the end of the day, this is STILL a team game that rely on the ability of the coaches to game plan and make in-game adjustments to go along with offense, defense, and special teams.

Dak is good enough to win a superbowl with the right coaching and effort from the ENTIRE team. Winning a superbowl is the ultimate goal but it doesn't make a quarterback elite.

Nick Foles, Trent Dilpher and Matt Stafford all won superbowls, but they weren't better quarterbacks than Dak, ESPECIALLY Foles and Dilpher.

Marino never won a superbowl and was as elite as they come. One of the greatest of all time.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Garbage time refers to games that are not closely contested.

Of Dak's 5 games with the most passing yards, all but 1 were within 7 points.

Of Dak's 5 games with the least passing yards, all but 1 had points differentials of greater than 7 points.
You say it like finishing the game within 7 points is a good thing. LOL, that's a large amount, more than most spreads.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not it. The OL went south and Dak got hurt. After that, the offense wasn't the same the rest of the year.
That's true.
But they also discovered he is inconsistent/ inaccurate and backed their corners off over 10 yd daring him throw out and he won't. they also brought their safeties up a couple steps and crowded the middle resulting in him dropping back and patting the ball and taking a sack.
The easy fix is not relying on the offensive line but reverting to the 2016 style offense, RPOs, bootleg passes, rolls, with the occasional drop back once defenses are forced to cover the whole field. Dak NEEDS separation . Look nobody hated Linehan's base offense and his predictable play calls. But the man CAN develop a offense. He watched Dak's film and knew his limitations and the ONLY system he could thrive in with a faster game.
Anyway that's my opinion and stick to it until proven otherwise. Goid on them if they prove me wrong.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You say it like finishing the game within 7 points is a good thing. LOL, that's a large amount, more than most spreads.
No, I'm not making any statement about it other than with regards to 'garbage time' stats.

I actually assumed that there was some truth to the 'garbage time' stats because they did have a few extreme blowout wins; however, after importing the stats into a spreadsheet and analyzing them, it really wasn't the reason they were 1st in passing yards.

Swagger

Reaction score
One play off win in 6 years with a loaded roster but I guess it must all be on the defense, coaching and/or the weather.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So let me get this straight before i start pulling out actual numbers to prove you wrong...

Everything Dak does positive, is ONLY against lesser teams, correct??? You're saying he's NEVER had good games against good teams, am i right?? I just wanted to make sure this is what you're saying and sticking to....
Relax. Why is everyone so triggered. I said it before, I was being sarcastic.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You sure were fooled! The Cowboys defense got Dak 4 turnovers and had Daks converted them into TDs instead of settling for FGs maybe they win. Moving up and down the field between the 20s is Daks favorite thing to do.
Oooorrr if zeurline wouldn't miss field goals...or if Jarwin and Schultz together could block a safety so we get into endzone....or if Zeke and CD wouldn't have brain farts and run out of bounce with less than two mm inutes to go....just sayin

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Offense was just not same after Dak's and Zeke's injuries.

And defense was always soft vs run.
I would like to see this offense have a moving pocket, let this bull dozer at LG be a personal body guard on some designed roll outs just to get Dak seeing better target angles.
I believe that having Dak in a sedentary pocket has reduced his game significantly, and having some designed roll outs incorporated back into this offense is healthy, and makes
Dak less of a predictable blitz target.

Reactions: BAT

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Oooorrr if zeurline wouldn't miss field goals...or if Jarwin and Schultz together could block a safety so we get into endzone....or if Zeke and CD wouldn't have brain farts and run out of bounce with less than two mm inutes to go....just sayin
There is certainly a lot of work to be accomplished in camp this season.
Offense is going to have their hands full just with team practices, and thats not a bad thing, Parsons will be banging the drum and talking the talk, and rightfully so because he can walk the walk as well.
This defense will make this offense become better, but they are going to get embarrassed first.

quickccc

Reaction score
- It helps those juicy stats that were against woeful NFC east division that included two 50 point games vs Wash and Philly.

- But we cannot discount a 29 pt game vs SB champ defense in the Bucs in season opener, .
.and a 36 point game vs Bill Belichek defense on their own home field.

Glass half full .. or Glass half empty ?

Flamma

Reaction score
- It helps those juicy stats that were against woeful NFC east division that included two 50 point games vs Wash and Philly.

- But we cannot discount a 29 pt game vs SB champ defense in the Bucs in season opener, .
.and a 36 point game vs Bill Belichek defense on their own home field.

Glass half full .. or Glass half empty ?

I discount it. As I do every opening season game. Literally any team can win, and anything can happen in season openers. But I was impressed with the game against the Patriots. Even the game against the Saints as their defense is not a pushover.