2022 college football season

lukin2006

Reaction score
that kid is a helluva player.
major credit to michigan coaches for not abandoning their run game coming out of the half.
at one point in that 1st half...i think michigan had a total of 9yds rushing.
mccarthy's deep shots to wr cornelius johnson and their defense kept them in it.
it felt like ohio st was dominating that 1st half but michigan's defense kept it close on the score board.
that is a very good,tough unit.
that #0 made some big pass break ups in key moments.
and that edwards is a dude.
he couldn't get going in that 1st half.
didn't quit.
didn't get down on himself.
and in that 2nd half...made 2 of the damnedest td runs i've seen in awhile.
helluva win by michigan.
harbaugh has done a helluva work there.

I figured for Michigan needed strong defence to win. Corum is so much of Michigan’s offence I really figured it’d come to to a FG. McCarthy really stepped up against Ohio…he delivered. It’s hard to believe Harbaugh was almost fired 2 years ago. Since then he’s only lost 2 games and has Michigans identity back…ever since I’ve followed Michigan they always have their most success by dominating the trenches and running the ball…good to see they are back to that.

I don’t know how the experts really know how the best team in college is. But a Michigan v Georgia championship might be fun…especially with a healthy Corum…

DFWJC

Reaction score
I figured for Michigan needed strong defence to win. Corum is so much of Michigan’s offence I really figured it’d come to to a FG. McCarthy really stepped up against Ohio…he delivered. It’s hard to believe Harbaugh was almost fired 2 years ago. Since then he’s only lost 2 games and has Michigans identity back…ever since I’ve followed Michigan they always have their most success by dominating the trenches and running the ball…good to see they are back to that.

I don’t know how the experts really know how the best team in college is. But a Michigan v Georgia championship might be fun…especially with a healthy Corum…
Some semi-useless trivia
My Dad knew both Schembechler and Hayes and coached with them at various times.
One of the first games that I ever attended as a kid was Ohio St/Michigan in The Shoe
One of my closest buddies is a Mich grad and several relatives are Ohio St grads (one who was a key engineer on the space station)

So much history between those two programs

I get that in basketball with Carolina and Duke. Incredible rivalry
But in football, hard to match Mich/OSU

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score

if corum had stayed healthy...he woulda made a strong run at the heisman.
i think caleb wrapped it up.
but if corum had been healthy...a big day vs ohio st woulda garnered him some more votes.
if we draft a rb...i'd love to see corum in ☆.

michigan would've been crazy if they had moved off harbaugh when he was under fire.
they were stuck in mud til he got there.
it took a few recruiting classes...but they are rollin' now.
i miss the notre dame/michigan game.
it was a great rivalry.
i respect the hell outta michigan and their history.
Go♧Irish!

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
If TCU or USC loses, I think Ohio St will take their place.
UGA and Mich will stay in the final 4 win or lose....imo.

Should be an interesting weekend!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If TCU or USC loses, I think Ohio St will take their place.
UGA and Mich will stay in the final 4 win or lose....imo.

Should be an interesting weekend!
USC, yes because it would be a 2nd loss but unlikely for TCU who went 12-0 in regular season and has to play a rematch.
TCU with a loss would likely fall to 4 and have to face Georgia unless they get roflstomped....

tOSU is a good team but losing at home by 20+ last week likely kills any chance they had given they don't play again.

terra

Reaction score
if corum had stayed healthy...he woulda made a strong run at the heisman.
i think caleb wrapped it up.
but if corum had been healthy...a big day vs ohio st woulda garnered him some more votes.
if we draft a rb...i'd love to see corum in ☆.

michigan would've been crazy if they had moved off harbaugh when he was under fire.
they were stuck in mud til he got there.
it took a few recruiting classes...but they are rollin' now.
i miss the notre dame/michigan game.
it was a great rivalry.
i respect the hell outta michigan and their history.
Go♧Irish!
I think Harbaugh has found his place; hope he realizes it and does not get antsy in a year or two
BUT until he takes home the Big Trophy he is not top tier yet

DFWJC

Reaction score
Pick your winners

Big 12
TCU / Kansas St

Pac 12
USC / Utah

SEC
Georgia / LSU

ACC
Clemson / N. Carolina

Big Ten
Michigan / Purdue

American
UCF / Tulane

CUSA
UTSA / North Texas

MAC
Ohio / Toledo

MWC
Boise St / Fresno St

terra

Reaction score
Pick your winners

Big 12
TCU / Kansas St

Pac 12
USC / Utah

SEC
Georgia / LSU

ACC
Clemson / N. Carolina

Big Ten
Michigan / Purdue

American
UCF / Tulane

CUSA
UTSA / North Texas

MAC
Ohio / Toledo

MWC
Boise St / Fresno St
I don't expect many close games at the Conference Championships. Well should not be close games unless the much better teams don' t show up anyway.
I was hoping Iowa would slip into the champ game; get totally destroyed so bad that they would finally show KF the door but oh well

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't expect many close games at the Conference Championships. Well should not be close games unless the much better teams don' t show up anyway.
I was hoping Iowa would slip into the champ game; get totally destroyed so bad that they would finally show KF the door but oh well
  • Utah already beat USC once, so it could be a decent game. The line is 2.5
  • K-State was killing TCU in their last game before losing their QB (who is back now). Also a 2.5 pt line
  • Tulane and UCF seem like a decent matchup.
  • Same with Fresno St and Boise St. (3.5 pt line)
  • Toledo and Ohio are equally mediocre...lol (1.5 pt line)

With the Tigers "relatively" down and the Tar Heels having a high-octane offense this year, I was hoping UNC and Clemson would be good. But UNC has really faltered down the stretch ......so not holding out big hopes

terra

Reaction score
  • K-State was killing TCU in their last game before losing their QB (who is back now). Also a 2.5 pt line
With the Tigers "relatively" down and the Tar Heels having a high-octane offense this year, I was hoping UNC and Clemson would be good. But UNC has really faltered down the stretch ......so not holding out big hopes
Utah is tough; but I think USC has moved up a notch and will take them fairly easily
The major conference championships do not look all that = will be interesting to see if Brian Kelly can get his team up for a championship game; something he was unable to do for Notre Dame.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
KSU was trailing 7-0 when Martinez went down early in Q1.
Howard came in and led the comeback to get to 28-7 KSU before TCU made the ferocious finish to win 38-28.
But TCU has been the best 4th quarter football team in the country this year.
Very good adjustments and a quality, deep team.

B12 --TCU in nail-biter. --Only match up of top 10 teams.
P12 -- USC in rematch
SEC -- Georgia --LSU has only beaten 1 current top 25 team very unlikely to become 2 Saturday....
ACC -- Tough call here as UNC has the better QB. Clemson is bigger and more physical but also just sloppy and limited on offense. Lean UNC.
B1G -- MICH --Might be a bit of an emotional letdown but can come back and win it in the 4th.
AMER -- TUL is a really solid football team.
CUSA -- UTSA as Jeff Traylor enters even more coaching short lists.
MAC -- no idea
MWC -- no idea

terra

Reaction score
KSU was trailing 7-0 when Martinez went down early in Q1.
Howard came in and led the comeback to get to 28-7 KSU before TCU made the ferocious finish to win 38-28.
But TCU has been the best 4th quarter football team in the country this year.
Very good adjustments and a quality, deep team.

B12 --TCU in nail-biter. --Only match up of top 10 teams.
P12 -- USC in rematch
SEC -- Georgia --LSU has only beaten 1 current top 25 team very unlikely to become 2 Saturday....
ACC -- Tough call here as UNC has the better QB. Clemson is bigger and more physical but also just sloppy and limited on offense. Lean UNC.
B1G -- MICH --Might be a bit of an emotional letdown but can come back and win it in the 4th.
AMER -- TUL is a really solid football team.
CUSA -- UTSA as Jeff Traylor enters even more coaching short lists.
MAC -- no idea
MWC -- no idea
just cannot see Michigan easing up; They are thinking seeding in the playoffs and harbaugh REALLY wants that Big Ten championship
If purdue keeps it within 4 tds I would be surprised

cowboyec

Reaction score
Pick your winners

Big 12
TCU / Kansas St....kst

Pac 12
USC / Utah....usc

SEC
Georgia / LSU....georgia

ACC
Clemson / N. Carolina....clemson

Big Ten
Michigan / Purdue....michigan

American
UCF / Tulane....ucf

CUSA
UTSA / North Texas....n texas

MAC
Ohio / Toledo....ohio

MWC
Boise St / Fresno St....boise st

lukin2006

Reaction score

Big loss. Edwards is more than capable…hopefully the cast is off his hand by the playoffs…

Carson

Reaction score
USC on upset alert.

Now watch them lose, followed by TCU losing. Just so the college world will get

1-Georgia vs 4-Alabama
2-Michigan vs 3-Ohio State.

Would be exciting

DFWJC

Reaction score
USC on upset alert.

Now watch them lose, followed by TCU losing. Just so the college world will get

1-Georgia vs 4-Alabama
2-Michigan vs 3-Ohio State.

Would be exciting
Yeah, Utah might beat USC for the 2nd time this year. Would mess up the polls but not really an upset, as you probably know.

K-State beating TCU wouldn't be a big upset either, though I consider it less likely.
Also, TCU basically playing a home game in Arlington.

Btw, if USC loses, TCU is in no matter what.
A 2 loss, non league winning Bama will not overtake them. Ohio St would take USC’s spot though

The interesting scenario would be if USC won, but TCU got its first loss. Would Ohio St jump them?
Maybe, but not for sure

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
"USC is awesome!" Pretty much the pregame show.

USC jumped out 17-3, then got their doors blown off, losing to three-loss Utah twice this season. Bye-bye, USC.

DFWJC

Reaction score
USC getting rolled probably seals the Final 4, regardless of the outcomes tomorrow.
The 3 undefeated are in….even if they drop one tomorrow.
Ohio State backed in too.
Thats 4

ghst187

Reaction score
Hate Ohio State but glad to see CJ Stroud back in. Still surprised Michigan beat them.