2022 college football season

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Yeah Venables with a BIG question mark on his resume already. As a rookie HC, you never know what you're getting - can he successfully build a program? To get shutout (and barely even cross the 50) is embarrassing...it doesn't matter that they had a backup QB. Even the cupcakes with little talent that Alabama plays on their schedule at least manage a FG. OU could barely even cross the 50

calico

Reaction score
OU is going to regret that Venables hire.

Ewers is 19 and his arm talent makes dak look like a child throwing the ball.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
what the hell just happened? That's the most one sided UT/OU game i can remember.

Haven't seen a beating of OU like this since the Vince Young championship season, and even then that was "only" 45-12 and it was an unranked Oklahoma going up against No. 2 Texas so it was perfectly understandable.

But.....an unranked Texas beating unranked Oklahoma by 49....??

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't have alliances either way, but it has to irk OU fans to see USC challenging for a BCS Playoff spot in their ex-coach's very first year.
Especially when they are a .500 team with his replacement.
Again, not rubbing it in. Just an observation

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't have alliances either way, but it has to irk OU fans to see USC challenging for a BCS Playoff spot in their ex-coach's very first year.
Especially when they are a .500 team with his replacement.
Again, not rubbing it in. Just an observation
This is what greed will get you. All blame goes to the greedy OU admin for their dumb mistake in moving to the SEC.

People get what they deserve.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This is what greed will get you. All blame goes to the greedy OU admin for their dumb mistake in moving to the SEC.

People get what they deserve.
May sound silly, but I mostly (not entirely) don't watch SEC and Big Ten games now.
I mean, their cups already ran WAY over. There was no need at all to continue the raid of other conferences.

Like a rich bully taking the purse from an old lady.....not because he needed it at all, but just because he can
Of course, in this case the old lady was rich too....lol

triplets_93

Reaction score
Week 7 Network TV Games of Interest (CDT)

11AM
IOWA @ UT ABC
PENN ST @ MICH FOX

230PM
OK ST @ TCU ABC
ALA @ TENN CBS
WIS @ MICH ST FOX

6:30PM
CLEM @ FL ST ABC
STAN @ ND NBC

7:00PM USC @ UTAH FOX

DFWJC

Reaction score
I've been staying off of SEC games a bit, but that Tennesee hosting Bama game is too hard to resist.

I think you meant
Iowa State @ Texas I wonder if UT will have a letdown

Curious about USC going on the road. Utah is usually tough at their place. Trojans could be headed to an undefeated season

Undefeateds..... #13 TCU and #8 Oklahoma St square off today

Then there are my usuals that nobody here really cares about (nor should they...lol)
UNC looking to go 6-1, playing a not-so-hot Duke team. Go Heels
ECU hosting a decent Memphis team .. Go Pirates

triplets_93

Reaction score
I've been staying off of SEC games a bit, but that Tennesee hosting Bama game is too hard to resist.

I think you meant
Iowa State @ Texas I wonder if UT will have a letdown

Curious about USC going on the road. Utah is usually tough at their place. Trojans could be headed to an undefeated season

Then there are my usuals that nobody here really cares about (nor should they...lol)
UNC looking to go 6-1, playing a not-so-hot Duke team. Go Heels
ECU hosting a decent Memphis team .. Go Pirates

Sorry for the confusion... UT meaning UT Longhorns !

DFWJC

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion... UT meaning UT Longhorns !
I was referring to Iowa State vs Iowa. :D

Btw, my daughter goes to UT. Likes it!

My sister-in-law and all her family went to Iowa State. Not that you are me care, but calling them "Iowa" (their biggest rival) would be like calling Texas AM....Texas.
:muttley:

jwitten82

Reaction score
Quinn Ewers gonna be the number one pick in a few years as long as he stays healthy.