2022 FIFA World Cup

Flamma

Reaction score
Are we watching this match? Did you see how the Netherlands tied this up? Absolutely amazing. Even though I am a Spain fan and prefer Argentina over the Netherlands, I really don't care otherwise. I love a good match. What the the Netherlands did reminded me of what Argentina did to England many cups ago. Fantastic. Down 2-0 and tied it up.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Argentina has played a very dumb game. Dirty, too. Stupid foul after stupid foul. All unnecessary. Give up that many free kicks deep in your own half and it will and did eventually bite them. Also, took Netherlands a while to figure out they have the advantage in height and should be crossing it deep more.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Love this madness! A few more fights would be great! Penalty kicks to end it!

Bigdog

Reaction score
I know emotions run high in the Argentina/Dutch game and I do have respect for both teams but what the Argentina players did afterwards I thought was unsportsmanlike. Celebrating in front of the Dutch bench and mocking them. I love Messi but what was he doing jawing with the Dutch head coach. I think it had something to do with what was said before the game that I don’t what was said but you won so move on. I was always taught win with dignity and respect no matter what the other team does or say. I mean some of the US players consoled their Iranian opponents after that game.

RFABR

Reaction score
Morocco takes Africa to the semifinals for the first time. Unreal.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think if England can upset France, Morocco has a shot at upsetting England. But I don't think Morocco is beating France.

Flamma

Reaction score
Harry failed spectacularly. Reminds me of the 1994 penalty shot the Italian star missed. The pressure is too much for them. We got robbed of a great 30 minutes of extra time.

RFABR

Reaction score
Mas, I was cheering hard for England.

Best game I've seen from them in my lifetime (40y).

But they had a clean shot. Did not finish, unfortunately.

StylisticS

Reaction score
What an absolutely insane quarterfinal round. Great world cup. I got two of the semifinalists right and was very close to having all four.

DFWJC

Reaction score
With there being a chance that France and Croatia have a rematch of the last World Cup Finals, I was wondering if that had ever happened before in back-to-back Finals.

For you WC history buffs, it has, once.

Germany and Argentina faced each other in back-to-back WC Finals in 1986 and 1990 with each winning one championship.

Ren

Reaction score
i take less joy than i usually would seeing England knocked out, the last few cups they've actually fielded a pretty good team so it hasn't been that seriously overrated by the English media team that turns out to no one but England's surprise to be crap and the pure comedy gold of complaining afterwards. It's still fun just not as fun as in years past

Majic

Reaction score
Another wasted opportunity..

I felt England showed France way to much respect in the first 30 minutes. I would have liked to have seen them really have a go at them. When they did (during the second half) France looked vulnerable. Walker did a solid job on Mbappe. Hard to comprehend the Kane miss. I didn't like his technique in the run up, didn't open his body up. Having said that he was one of England's best players and can't blame him for a miss. Really thought it was our year, or at least a World Cup Final appearance