2023 Cap Hits: Brock Purdy 1M, Jordan Love 4M, Dak Prescott 27M

zeke21

Reaction score
Almost beat the 49ers? No, he was a reason they lost to the 49ers. Only 194 passing yards, 2 TDs but 2 INTs and a dismal passer rating of 72.

Jordan Love SUCKED. He played nothing like he played us last week.
Sometimes I just don't get you man. Like I get it.. you love dak. cool.

But you are going to get down on Love.. playing in a downpour, against the #1 rater team in the conference, on their home turf.. and the only reason they don't go to OT is because their kicker missed a FG? Love had them in the lead with 3 minutes to play.. and that was after a dubious fourth play call and 2 drops that were actual drops.. (to be fair Kittle missed a sitter on Purdy too).

Need I remind you of Daks stat line when the game was 'live':
1 for 4 (0yards), 1 INT for a passer rating of 16. first quarter
and then a MASSIVE 87 yards, 2 INT for a 47.2 passer rating...

and Dak was playing at home.. against a fairly weak GB defense.

But yeah.. throw that shade on Love.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Sometimes I just don't get you man. Like I get it.. you love dak. cool.

But you are going to get down on Love.. playing in a downpour, against the #1 rater team in the conference, on their home turf.. and the only reason they don't go to OT is because their kicker missed a FG? Love had them in the lead with 3 minutes to play.. and that was after a dubious fourth play call and 2 drops that were actual drops.. (to be fair Kittle missed a sitter on Purdy too).

Need I remind you of Daks stat line when the game was 'live':
1 for 4 (0yards), 1 INT for a passer rating of 16. first quarter
and then a MASSIVE 87 yards, 2 INT for a 47.2 passer rating...

and Dak was playing at home.. against a fairly weak GB defense.

But yeah.. throw that shade on Love.
Get lost. Go follow the Packers. You're a disgrace to the Dallas Cowboys. You're no Cowboys fan.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Cut Dak no matter what? You do know he's a constant 4k+ yearly passer with 30+ TDs? Passer rating is around 100 average and he led the league this year in just about every QB stat. A top 5 QB. Why would you cut Dak no matter what?
Because i love Dak, always have, but don’t care about the regular season, And with the cap it takes to keep a to keep a top 5 regular season QB, we can never build a team capable of winning it all. If he were a top 5 playoff QB, I’d be all.

I am a lifelong Dak apologist, but it’s now clear to even his biggest supporters (of which I am one) that he’ll never be a playoff performer. We need to build other ways if we want a Super Bowl.

If NFC East titles and great stats and great entertainment and playoff berths are the goal, sign away. I know that is what will happen and I’m ok with because I have to be, but there is no chance we win it all.

oldcorvetteguy

Reaction score
Jordan Love only made it as far as the Divisional Playoff Game. Plus, he's been in the league for 4 years now. Dak as a redshirt rookie took the team the same distance in the playoffs and actually outperformed Jordan Love by a mile or two.
But what has he done lately? Besides playing scared.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Teams sustain injuries all of the time; only Dallas fans blame one player being hurt as the reasoning for the loss. This just tells me Dallas is top heavy talented but horrible depth.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Thats fair.

Assuming this is real...

I dont think you last as a GM very long.

Youve taken a risk by letting our good bus driver go to a division rival and letting him beat us multiple times a year and you have also lost the locker room. No one wants to play for you because you dont pay guys when they deserve it.

Side step it. Hate it. Lie to yourself about it.
I really don't care what you think, or what your mumbo jumbo, word salads really mean

Last edited:

Brooksey

Reaction score
So it is big news that QB's that are on their rookie deals are easier to put a great supporting cast around? Wow, who would have thought? Every team with a good QB on their second or third deal has the same issue. Dallas problem is that we don't have the draft capital to start over.
Who said it was big news? We're just talking about he state of the playoff rosters.
If you don't like the conversation that's fine, no need to insult people.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Because i love Dak, always have, but don’t care about the regular season, And with the cap it takes to keep a to keep a top 5 regular season QB, we can never build a team capable of winning it all. If he were a top 5 playoff QB, I’d be all.

I am a lifelong Dak apologist, but it’s now clear to even his biggest supporters (of which I am one) that he’ll never be a playoff performer. We need to build other ways if we want a Super Bowl.

If NFC East titles and great stats and great entertainment and playoff berths are the goal, sign away. I know that is what will happen and I’m ok with because I have to be, but there is no chance we win it all.
Are you listening to yourself? If you get rid of Dak and bring in a new young and inexperienced QB, it's going to take at least 3 - 5 years to get that QB built enough to perform good enough in the playoffs. And that's because it's not a guarantee that young QB will work out. That's not including most of this team will be long gone 3+ years from now. I'm pretty sure you would be regretting the day we cut Dak and started the rebuilding process which takes at least 3 more years to rebuild.

Blue64

Reaction score
Almost beat the 49ers? No, he was a reason they lost to the 49ers. Only 194 passing yards, 2 TDs but 2 INTs and a dismal passer rating of 72.

Jordan Love SUCKED. He played nothing like he played us last week.
Maybe you didn’t notice but that game was played in a downpour
Tends to affect things a bit…

Slick

Reaction score
Define the rewards for playing non-safe. And how do I know its not promise that cant be broken?

What have you done that doesnt effect others that is so brazen and crazy that you got paid a fortune?
Went to work in sales at 100% commission for the last 18yrs. I don't close deals, I don't get paid. No risk, no reward. Think technology design build work.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
2024 Update: Purdy 800k, Love 12M, Dak 59M

Dallas:
Dak Prescott would have had to be significantly better than both Purdy and Love in the playoffs, he was less than both.
We needed a healthy Stephon Gillmore (or Diggs) to play man coverage with Bland, instead injury forced Quinn into playing zone, a disaster. We needed a healthy LVE
to have a chance at stopping the run, instead we had safeties playing LB and got blown off the ball against the run.

SF: The extra QB money allows SF to field a better overall roster and the best in the NFL
For example, the extra 26M pays for cap hits on Nick Bosa 11M, Fred Warner 9M and Dre Greenlaw 5M

GB: With Jordan Love at 4M, the three WR's on rookie contracts (Watson, Doubs, Reed) they played WAY above their pay grade.
GB is young, talented and have great coaching. They're a very dangerous team until Love wants 50M, the Wr's and DB's want 20M each

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/cap/2023/
and this is relevant because?

Geno Smith cap hit, 10M
Ryan Tannehill cap hit. 36M
Daniel Jones cap hit 15M
Deshan Watson cap hit 19M
Kyler Murray Cap hit 16M
Russell Wilson cap hit 22M

you get the point.

Love and Purdy are on Rookie contracts. perhaps we should compare the year in the league and the cap hit for that year. Dak is on second contract so obviously his cap hit is larger. are you advocating then that no team should hand out a second contract to a QB? 15 QBs make 30M or more. 12 QBs make 40M or more. its the NFL market.

how did SF build a better roster? what FAs did they sign? if you want to see the problem, its that we missed on Mazi, Charlton, Joseph, LVE, Sam Williams, Hill, Jaylon Smith. All of whom should be corner stone of the defense.
Now see SF draft and trades. the difference is a GM that can build a team. not cap. how many FAs did they sign?

you can not build a team through FA. and btw, last year we had 20M on the cap. this year before signing Diggs we had 25M on the cap. so who did you want to sign and we couldn't afford.

Brooksey

Reaction score
and this is relevant because?

Geno Smith cap hit, 10M
Ryan Tannehill cap hit. 36M
Daniel Jones cap hit 15M
Deshan Watson cap hit 19M
Kyler Murray Cap hit 16M
Russell Wilson cap hit 22M

you get the point.

Love and Purdy are on Rookie contracts. perhaps we should compare the year in the league and the cap hit for that year. Dak is on second contract so obviously his cap hit is larger. are you advocating then that no team should hand out a second contract to a QB? 15 QBs make 30M or more. 12 QBs make 40M or more. its the NFL market.

how did SF build a better roster? what FAs did they sign? if you want to see the problem, its that we missed on Mazi, Charlton, Joseph, LVE, Sam Williams, Hill, Jaylon Smith. All of whom should be corner stone of the defense.
Now see SF draft and trades. the difference is a GM that can build a team. not cap. how many FAs did they sign?

you can not build a team through FA. and btw, last year we had 20M on the cap. this year before signing Diggs we had 25M on the cap. so who did you want to sign and we couldn't afford.
SF was able to add McCaffery, Hargrave, Chase Young etc to name a few.
Purdy playing at that level, at that price allows them to field the #1 roster in football.
No guarantees they win it all but it sure helps their chances

Adiba1977

Reaction score
You can’t pay Dak and have a good team…period
Bingo. If you pay him any where close to 50 it’s over. 40 max is all I’d offer. He’s made enough. Win first. Put in contract 5 million bonus get nfc championship and 15 million get superbowl.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
SF was able to add McCaffery, Hargrave, Chase Young etc to name a few.
Purdy playing at that level, at that price allows them to field the #1 roster in football.
No guarantees they win it all but it sure helps their chances
mccafrey was a trade
chase young was a trade on a rookie contract
hargrave was a FA signing. we could have gone after him and signed him as his cap hit this year was 6M.

contracts get reworked, cap space can be created.

the problem is our wonderful GM didn't see Hargrave as a need. instead he signed hankins. drafted Mazi. you see the difference between GMs

and Purdy is on a rookie contract. when Dak was on a Rookie contract we didn't sign any type of player like this. we draft a player like Taco Charlton or LVE or Jaylon Smith.

did SF have more cap space than the cowboys? yes. but could we have signed anyone we wanted? yes. could we have traded for Chase Young? yes. we traded for two older players, towards end of their careers just giving up 5th, 6t round picks.

Jerry doesn't know how to build a team.