2023 Cap Hits: Brock Purdy 1M, Jordan Love 4M, Dak Prescott 27M

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I don't hate him, I just want him gone.
Whats you plan?

Whats you back up plan to Dak and then if your go to plan doesnt work whats after that?

You dont have a reasonable plan for your QB. Nor do you have a plan for losing the locker room when you let Dak go.

Slick

Reaction score
Other teams have found QBs they are in the playoffs. How many years do you need to see Dak isn't the guy, and they need to bring in someone else?

Slick

Reaction score
Whats you plan?

Whats you back up plan to Dak and then if your go to plan doesnt work whats after that?

You dont have a reasonable plan for your QB. Nor do you have a plan for losing the locker room when you let Dak go.
I said it back when they should have kept Dalton, and blew the team up. They'd have had a much better team today, and could have tried out a few QB's.

This team needs a refresh, they aren't one or two players away, but your name says it all.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
There are other elite qbs still playing that have higher salaries, the difference is they help their team be better, ours chokes during the playoffs.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Other teams have found QBs they are in the playoffs. How many years do you need to see Dak isn't the guy, and they need to bring in someone else?
You are speaking from a stance you own a team, make the decisions and cant or are unafraid of being fired for your decisions.

Thats what 90% of this board hate about Jerry, Son and CO.. They cant be fired.

No GM with a plush job is risking being brash when the chances of your brashness paying off are extremely low. No one is losing their wife and family for being unreasonable...unreasonable to the point you lost you 1M+ a year job because you thought you so smart. Now you make 100,000 thou again...but have no wife and have to see your kids every other week.

No GM which has to manage risk/reward is trading Dak for an unknown.

Hate it. Fight it. Lie to yourself about it.

Slick

Reaction score
You are speaking from a stance you own a team, make the decisions and cant or are unafraid of being fired for your decisions.

Thats what 90% of this board hate about Jerry, Son and CO.. They cant be fired.

No GM with a plush job is risking being brash when the chances of your brashness paying off are extremely low. No one is losing their wife and family for being unreasonable...unreasonable to the point you lost you 1M+ a year job because you thought you so smart. Now you make 100,000 thou again...but have no wife and have to see your kids every other week.

No GM which has to manage risk/reward is trading Dak for an unknown.

Hate it. Fight it. Lie to yourself about it.
So they play safe and live in mediocrity. Maybe you live that way, I don't.

I can see nothing's changing here.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Youre side-stepping.

No one said Dak was elite. There are more QB's paid elite money that arent elite than just Dak.

Separate pay from play.

I havent read all 7 pages. What is your solid position in all of this? Rookie contracts and never pay a QB? Only pay a QB if he wins on a rookie deal?

I just havent read a solid position from you in the last page and a half I have read. Maybe I overlooked it.

Can you please state your position on what you would do as a GM with a non-winning SB stud QB coming up on his second contract?
If you pay elite money to a QB you better get elite playoff production or you're dead.
Like the first half last year against SF and the first half this year home against GB

I would offer Dak a fair deal that takes both his reg season AND his post season resume into account.
I'm not paying him 50M + a year. I like his regular season production but the freezing up in big spots is very concerning.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Agreed. No argument there.

Dak NEEDS to accept a contract extension of between $35 - $40 mil/year and give the team a good discount so we can keep the main pieces in place while able to keep building the team.
Wow...I don't care how you got here, but I'm glad you're here. For the record, I was in favor of Dak getting his first paycheck because of how horribly the team handled the negotiations. He virtually had no choice but to take them to the cleaners given the risks he took taking the field without guaranteed money. But now that's he's clearly established generational wealth...how badly do you want to win? It's clear he can't do it all on his own.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jordan Love did not play being behind Aaron Rogers… technically you are correct but this is his first year behind center.
Might I remind you what he did to the cowboys and almost beat the niners.
Almost beat the 49ers? No, he was a reason they lost to the 49ers. Only 194 passing yards, 2 TDs but 2 INTs and a dismal passer rating of 72.

Jordan Love SUCKED. He played nothing like he played us last week.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
If you pay elite money to a QB you better get elite playoff production or you're dead.
Like the first half last year against SF and the first half this year home against GB

I would offer Dak a fair deal that takes both his reg season AND his post season resume into account.
I'm not paying him 50M + a year. I like his regular season production but the freezing up in big spots is very concerning.
Thats fair.

Assuming this is real...

I dont think you last as a GM very long.

Youve taken a risk by letting our good bus driver go to a division rival and letting him beat us multiple times a year and you have also lost the locker room. No one wants to play for you because you dont pay guys when they deserve it.

Side step it. Hate it. Lie to yourself about it.

TheHerd

Reaction score
If Dak gets greedy once again, Jerry needs to make him a post June 1st cut! Dak needs to give the team a discount if he wants to remain a Dallas Cowboy.
He needs to be a post June 1 cut no matter what. But there is zero percent chance of that so we’re in this purgatory forever. It’s not just Dak though.

We overpay stars because that’s Jerry’s way, and have a very weak downstream roster as a result. Which is ok if the stars carry the team, but every one of them comes up small in big moments. It’s a problem which isn’t likely solved unless Stephen has a different approach, and nothing I’ve seen leads me to believe that he does.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Almost beat the 49ers? No, he was a reason they lost to the 49ers. Only 194 passing yards, 2 TDs but 2 INTs and a dismal passer rating of 72.

Jordan Love SUCKED. He played nothing like he played us last week.
He wasn’t playing our defense. It’s pretty easy to throw 16 completions to receivers with an average of over 5 yards of separation.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
2024 Update: Purdy 800k, Love 12M, Dak 59M

Dallas:
Dak Prescott would have had to be significantly better than both Purdy and Love in the playoffs, he was less than both.
We needed a healthy Stephon Gillmore (or Diggs) to play man coverage with Bland, instead injury forced Quinn into playing zone, a disaster. We needed a healthy LVE
to have a chance at stopping the run, instead we had safeties playing LB and got blown off the ball against the run.

SF: The extra QB money allows SF to field a better overall roster and the best in the NFL
For example, the extra 26M pays for cap hits on Nick Bosa 11M, Fred Warner 9M and Dre Greenlaw 5M

GB: With Jordan Love at 4M, the three WR's on rookie contracts (Watson, Doubs, Reed) they played WAY above their pay grade.
GB is young, talented and have great coaching. They're a very dangerous team until Love wants 50M, the Wr's and DB's want 20M each

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/cap/2023/
So it is big news that QB's that are on their rookie deals are easier to put a great supporting cast around? Wow, who would have thought? Every team with a good QB on their second or third deal has the same issue. Dallas problem is that we don't have the draft capital to start over.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He needs to be a post June 1 cut no matter what. But there is zero percent chance of that so we’re in this purgatory forever. It’s not just Dak though.

We overpay stars because that’s Jerry’s way, and have a very weak downstream roster as a result. Which is ok if the stars carry the team, but every one of them comes up small in big moments. It’s a problem which isn’t likely solved unless Stephen has a different approach, and nothing I’ve seen leads me to believe that he does.
Cut Dak no matter what? You do know he's a constant 4k+ yearly passer with 30+ TDs? Passer rating is around 100 average and he led the league this year in just about every QB stat. A top 5 QB. Why would you cut Dak no matter what?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
2024 Update: Purdy 800k, Love 12M, Dak 59M

Dallas:
Dak Prescott would have had to be significantly better than both Purdy and Love in the playoffs, he was less than both.
We needed a healthy Stephon Gillmore (or Diggs) to play man coverage with Bland, instead injury forced Quinn into playing zone, a disaster. We needed a healthy LVE
to have a chance at stopping the run, instead we had safeties playing LB and got blown off the ball against the run.

SF: The extra QB money allows SF to field a better overall roster and the best in the NFL
For example, the extra 26M pays for cap hits on Nick Bosa 11M, Fred Warner 9M and Dre Greenlaw 5M

GB: With Jordan Love at 4M, the three WR's on rookie contracts (Watson, Doubs, Reed) they played WAY above their pay grade.
GB is young, talented and have great coaching. They're a very dangerous team until Love wants 50M, the Wr's and DB's want 20M each

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/cap/2023/
How much did Dak make on his rookie contract? You think Purdy and d Love are gonna give their teams a discount when. The negotiate an extension?

FanofJerry

Reaction score
So they play safe and live in mediocrity. Maybe you live that way, I don't.

I can see nothing's changing here.
Define the rewards for playing non-safe. And how do I know its not promise that cant be broken?

What have you done that doesnt effect others that is so brazen and crazy that you got paid a fortune?