2023 Cap Hits: Brock Purdy 1M, Jordan Love 4M, Dak Prescott 27M

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't think so and there would be no question on who you want your future QB to be. Cowboys fans haven't seen a NFC Champ game in 30 years.

When you freeze up at home as a favorite against the 7th seed, it creates a lot of questions.
Cowboys fans haven’t seen an NFC title game in almost 30 years because they don’t have good enough teams. They didn’t have good enough teams under Romo or Dak. If you think a cheaper QB is going to make the difference and get us over the hump, good luck!

Brooksey

Reaction score
Cowboys fans haven’t seen an NFC title game in almost 30 years because they don’t have good enough teams. They didn’t have good enough teams under Romo or Dak. If you think a cheaper QB is going to make the difference good luck!
I think you need your elite QB to play like one or you need one on a rookie deal. Yes you need an great roster too, cowboys haven't been good enough in either department

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
The difference, Purdy has shown he can win in the playoffs.

Your making it a purdy vs dak thing bc that’s the narrative you want. I’m talking about the ramifications of having to pay a quarterback once the rookie extension is over regardless of it it’s dak or purdy or whomever

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I think you need your elite QB to play like one or you need one on a rookie deal. Yes you need an great roster too, cowboys haven't been good enough in either department
Youre side-stepping.

No one said Dak was elite. There are more QB's paid elite money that arent elite than just Dak.

Separate pay from play.

I havent read all 7 pages. What is your solid position in all of this? Rookie contracts and never pay a QB? Only pay a QB if he wins on a rookie deal?

I just havent read a solid position from you in the last page and a half I have read. Maybe I overlooked it.

Can you please state your position on what you would do as a GM with a non-winning SB stud QB coming up on his second contract?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Your making it a purdy vs dak thing bc that’s the narrative you want. I’m talking about the ramifications of having to pay a quarterback once the rookie extension is over regardless of it it’s dak or purdy or whomever
Not at all. I am just pointing out it is less painful to extend someone that is playoff proven.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Not at all. I am just pointing out it is less painful to extend someone that is playoff proven.
Dak gets no love for not making the SB and winning. Who cares about Playoff success if they havent won the big dance.

Again...goal posts moved.

If the QB hasnt won it all...they are trash. Lets be consistent.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score

Right but most teams don’t know whether or not their quarterback will be playoff proven by the time the rookie deal is over. That’s the whole entire conundrum right there bc teams don’t give up on even average level franchise quarterbacks, that’s my exact point,

CoachD

Reaction score

2023 Cap Hits: Brock Purdy 1M, Jordan Love 4M, Dak Prescott 27M............OUCH!!!!​

Slick

Reaction score
Jordan Love only made it as far as the Divisional Playoff Game. Plus, he's been in the league for 4 years now. Dak as a redshirt rookie took the team the same distance in the playoffs and actually outperformed Jordan Love by a mile or two.
And we're still waiting on Dak to deliver in a playoff game.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Dak gets no love for not making the SB and winning. Who cares about Playoff success if they havent won the big dance.

I keep thinking about a good thread someone posted on here.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/lis...drafted-them-that-were-older-than-dak.521123/

I'd be happy with going deep in the playoffs, but that thread brought on the realization that without change, it is unlikely.

Slick

Reaction score

No, he gets no love for choking consistently in playoff games.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
Not gonna win paying a non elite qb 50 million. Won’t happen. No idea why jerry and dopy son don’t understand that. But seems just just want be decent and make playoffs. Not truly contend.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I keep thinking about a good thread someone posted on here.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/lis...drafted-them-that-were-older-than-dak.521123/

I'd be happy with going deep in the playoffs, but that thread brought on the realization that without change, it is unlikely.
Its fake, dude.

None of this is real.

Its all by desgin. Problem is...the designer isnt smart enough to accomplish its goals and make sense. No of this makes sense anymore...because its fake.

Slick

Reaction score
good one.

dak was trash at run defense wasnt he.

are you smart enough to gaslight and make sense?

doesnt seem that way
You can love Dak all you want. But you aren't gaslighting many here into believing he's worth his cap hit. Even he said he sucked, but you know better?

FanofJerry

Reaction score
You can love Dak all you want. But you aren't gaslighting many here into believing he's worth his cap hit. Even he said he sucked, but you know better?
Dont hate me for knowing youre creating situations to gaslight.

Thats you...not me.

Dak is desgigned to choke...so you cant hate on him unreasonably.

Its childish.

Blue64

Reaction score
Jordan Love only made it as far as the Divisional Playoff Game. Plus, he's been in the league for 4 years now. Dak as a redshirt rookie took the team the same distance in the playoffs and actually outperformed Jordan Love by a mile or two.
Jordan Love did not play being behind Aaron Rogers… technically you are correct but this is his first year behind center.
Might I remind you what he did to the cowboys and almost beat the niners.

zeke21

Reaction score
We have seen a shift in the last 10 years. It is now widely accepted that you either win a SB with an elite QB or a QB on a rookie contract. There is nothing in between that.

You simply can't pay elite money to 'above average' QBs and expect to win anything meaningful.

Our problem was/is that the front office believes Dak is elite and hence why they paid him. He isn't and so we won't win. It really is that simple. The fact that he regresses in big moments is just another nail but ultimately it was the mistake of believing he is elite that causes the issue.

Other teams are far far far smarter than us. Hence why guys like Jimmy G, Wentz etc etc all get moved on pretty quickly when they start wanting a bag and fail to deliver.