Signed by Cowboys 2024 Dallas Cowboys UDFA Signings

_sturt_

Reaction score
Hmmm. Okaaay. Your theory for why Mizzou would play someone as the starter when they actually thought the back-up was better? Maybe some injury that kept Peat off the field that you know about? Dunno.

MikeT22

Reaction score
He does have the speed that they were looking for. It looks like he transferred from Stanford and for some reason the Missouri coaches didn't play him much.
Yeah, I have no qualms with any UDFAs. At that point you are either getting camp bodies and/or looking for guys with some attributes.
He is what he is and was a backup at Mizzou. He did have an unofficial 4.32 at his pro day but others say it’s closer to 4.5. Maybe he gives Deuce some competition.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Dallas payed a $3000 bonus for Nate Peat.
Um.

$30,000 bonus is nothing special when it comes to signing UDFAs.

$3,000 bonus?

$3,000 bonus is kinda like leaving your server a $1.00 tip... you felt obligated to leave something, but not all that impressed by the service in reality.

Folks are getting waaaay too hyped about the "RB" beside his name.

He's a KO returner who may be a jet sweep guy if Turpin gets hurt.

That's what he is.

MikeT22

Reaction score
That seems too kind.

There is nothing to suggest this player would ever make a team based on his RB snaps.

If he turns heads, it will be because they think he can be a KO return weapon, and simultaneously, they decide they want to reduce Turpin's wear and tear b/c they plan to increase his offensive snap count.
Yeah, it was sarcasm. Primarily a camp body and see if he could stick as a STer or something.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Um.

$30,000 bonus is nothing special when it comes to signing UDFAs.

$3,000 bonus?

$3,000 bonus is kinda like leaving your server a $1.00 tip... you felt obligated to leave something, but not all that impressed by the service in reality.

Folks are getting waaaay too hyped about the "RB" beside his name.

He's a KO returner who may be a jet sweep guy if Turpin gets hurt.

That's what he is.
Should have been more clear. $3000 is a signing bonus. I don't know what his base salary is.

#Cowboys deal for running back Nate Peat includes $3,000 signing bonus, per a source

_sturt_

Reaction score
Should have been more clear. $3000 is a signing bonus. I don't know what his base salary is.

#Cowboys deal for running back Nate Peat includes $3,000 signing bonus, per a source
Someone correct me if I've got this wrong, but if I recall it right, the salaries are all pre-set and the same. The bonus is the one way that teams differentiate compensation, and at that, there is an upper limit to the total bonus that they can pay overall for the entire pool of UDFAs.

EDIT: Slight self-correction already... the Mosher tweet above reminds me that it's one thing to pay salary for preseason, it's another to commit a guaranteed salary for the season. So, yeah, Hendershot is on notice.

Havic

Reaction score
He fumbled a big game away against Auburn in OT trying to reach the ball over the goal line, then he fumbled again and he lost the starting job.

Maybe it was just bad luck. Check the 3:25 mark

treadmill time with Tiki and Tom

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Baffling!
Not even getting one to be a camp body.
Absurd.
Jerry said in press conference that he has seen teams win a superbowl where they traded for a RB midseason......

Perhaps he let it out the bag that they will trade for a back.

Off the top of my head I know Jets drafted a RB and they didn't need one, so maybe look at teams that have a ton of backs and drafted one as teams Dallas will look to trade with

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
He fumbled a big game away against Auburn in OT trying to reach the ball over the goal line, then he fumbled again and he lost the starting job.

Maybe it was just bad luck. Check the 3:25 mark

Wow. Just simply dropped it. Fantastic run otherwise....

rambo2

Reaction score
I'd bet there's a trade in the works with the Jets or Texans. The Jets in particular drafted the one I liked from the University of Pittsburgh last year and drafted two more RB's this year......The Texans may wanna move on from their bell cow too. Just my opinion
Yep, the back from Pittsburgh would be a good target. A 5th or 6th for him could be a good idea.