Signed by Cowboys 2024 Dallas Cowboys UDFA Signings

blueblood70

Reaction score
What's their infatuation with having too many tight ends please don't say camp bodies because before this weekend we have and correct me if I'm wrong,

Jake Ferguson, Schoonmaker, Hendershot ,and Mckeon and I could be missing someone I remember them putting somebody else on this roster last year and I can't remember his name was he from Denver or something like there's another tight end I'm forgetting....

I can see them kicking the tires on one if they just can't be passed on but they added two of them undrafted free agents..

speedkilz88

Reaction score
What's their infatuation with having too many tight ends please don't say camp bodies because before this weekend we have and correct me if I'm wrong,

Jake Ferguson, Schoonmaker, Hendershot ,and Mckeon and I could be missing someone I remember them putting somebody else on this roster last year and I can't remember his name was he from Denver or something like there's another tight end I'm forgetting....

I can see them kicking the tires on one if they just can't be passed on but they added two of them undrafted free agents..
7 TEs at camp is pretty typical. Same number Eagles & Giants are taking to camp. And that's counting John Stephens Jr as a TE.

blueblood70

Reaction score
7 TEs at camp is pretty typical. Same number Eagles & Giants are taking to camp. And that's counting John Stephens Jr as a TE.
Hey just my opinion just seems really excessive, especially with all the offensive lineman we have ,not like we're going to bring in extra blockers heck I hope we use a seven man offensive line this year lol... :lmao:

Ohh I'm a side note I don't pay attention to other people's rosters I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan I'm gonna go around counting how many people they have in depth on the roster of names I'll never remember probably see on the field...LOL I mean I know generally most of the starters on most teams not all but not how many tight ends they're bringing to camp..

visionary

Reaction score
Yep, that's the emphasis we're focusing on...not the individual, but the scheme that enables/assists/facilitates the runner.

The improvement in the run game is going to come from: Beebe over Biadasz, Guyton getting to the second level and (hopefully) an improvement to Schoon.

We'd of probably wanted Brooks, but the second option 'blocking'.
Let me think…. What happened when to start the 1993 season Jerry decided not to pay Emmitt because “anyone can run effectively behind this OL” (which was considered one of the best OL ever?

Oh yeah

0-2

Emmitt got paid

This garbage about “scheme” is just that….. garbage

Need talent first, then coaching and scheme

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy loves having tight ends on the ready for blocking. What he is missing is the fact it's a bit outdated. This isn't the late 90s or early GB days when he was there. He's overvaluing the position.

davey999

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy loves having tight ends on the ready for blocking. What he is missing is the fact it's a bit outdated. This isn't the late 90s or early GB days when he was there. He's overvaluing the position.
He said something like, "you cannot have too many 6'5 240 pound guys on your team". Just an odd thing to say.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Um.

$30,000 bonus is nothing special when it comes to signing UDFAs.

$3,000 bonus?

$3,000 bonus is kinda like leaving your server a $1.00 tip... you felt obligated to leave something, but not all that impressed by the service in reality.

Folks are getting waaaay too hyped about the "RB" beside his name.

He's a KO returner who may be a jet sweep guy if Turpin gets hurt.

That's what he is.
I'm not one to overvalue players just because we sign them or to expect much from UDFAs until we hear how they are doing in camp, but let's not pretend we know "what he is" as if his story is already written either. He may be cut next week or he may make the team. Who knows

_sturt_

Reaction score
but let's not pretend we know "what he is"
"is"... present tense... the story that has already been written... hence, the quantitative value assigned in dollars. To the contrary, we do know what he is, present tense, at this point in the time line.

as if his story is already written
... speaking to future tense... the story that hasn't already been written.

So, sure. Agreed. But to be fair to my post... Dr. Phil-ism alert... the best predictor of future outcomes is most recent relevant history. I'm only guilty of suggesting that there doesn't seem to be a lot of reason for confidence that this will have some fairy tale ending for us. Or him. But hand him a playbook, give him a bunk at training camp, feed him while he's there, and see what happens, absolutely.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I think it was Christopher Walken who coined the phrase.
No doubt Bruce would copy it though... lol
I giggled...Bruce Dickinson was the character Walken was playing in the skit :D

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

McKeon is gone but they still have seven tight ends: Ferguson, Schoonmaker, Hendershot, Princeton Fant, John Stephens, Spann-Ford, and Holler.

Jarntt

Reaction score
"is"... present tense... the story that has already been written... hence, the quantitative value assigned in dollars. To the contrary, we do know what he is, present tense, at this point in the time line.

... speaking to future tense... the story that hasn't already been written.

So, sure. Agreed. But to be fair to my post... Dr. Phil-ism alert... the best predictor of future outcomes is most recent relevant history. I'm only guilty of suggesting that there doesn't seem to be a lot of reason for confidence that this will have some fairy tale ending for us. Or him. But hand him a playbook, give him a bunk at training camp, feed him while he's there, and see what happens, absolutely.
What are you talking about? We have no idea what he "is" or what he "will be". Pick one, I don't care which. Play semantics all you want.
And if you want to pretend that's what you meant, did he back up Turpin in a previous life? Because he IS not a jet sweep guy if Turpin gets hurt, but he may be in the future ;)
"He's a KO returner who may be a jet sweep guy if Turpin gets hurt."

The second part of what you said I absolutely agree with :thumbup:

_sturt_

Reaction score
What are you talking about? We have no idea what he "is"
Okay, if you wanna get that literal... fine.

He is a player that merited a $3,000 bonus. Is. We do have that idea and it is precisely correct.

To me and maybe only me but probably not only me... that translates ... then... to someone who "is" not regarded in the present as making the team as a legit RB option, assuming he would even make the team... based on his most immediate past history... ie, what would have most dictated the amount of bonus received.

rags747

Reaction score
Hey just my opinion just seems really excessive, especially with all the offensive lineman we have ,not like we're going to bring in extra blockers heck I hope we use a seven man offensive line this year lol... :lmao:

Ohh I'm a side note I don't pay attention to other people's rosters I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan I'm gonna go around counting how many people they have in depth on the roster of names I'll never remember probably see on the field...LOL I mean I know generally most of the starters on most teams not all but not how many tight ends they're bringing to camp..
Speed was just pointing out that it is fairly typical for teams to bring 6/7 te’s to training camp being that you commented that you thought it was weird for the Cowboys to do so.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I giggled...Bruce Dickinson was the character Walken was playing in the skit :D
Yeah, I realized that shortly after the time limit to change my comment...lol. I'm a big Iron Maiden fan.
Props to @TequilaCowboy for giving me a "like"
anyway. I can imagine Bruce having fun mocking
"himself" by copying that skit. It's a classic.
Walken can be hilarious.