2024 salary cap set at 255.4 million

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
so everyone on team should take team friendly deal? or just the ones you dont care for?
I could care less what they make, it's not my money, doesn't affect my family or me. I like all of the players, I just don't feel that their play is acceptable to what they ask for. But who am I, I'm just a blogger on here like you expressing how I feel. It really doesn't matter how anyone feels except said player

starfan1

Reaction score
I could care less what they make, it's not my money, doesn't affect my family or me. I like all of the players, I just don't feel that their play is acceptable to what they ask for. But who am I, I'm just a blogger on here like you expressing how I feel. It really doesn't matter how anyone feels except said player
its market driven not necessarily performance driven. Now if their performance was crappy they wouldnt get paid but our view of crappy and the folks who write the checks are vastly different. Its a team game and alot of people failed against the packers

Jayinem

Reaction score
I think it's fair to look at the salary cap look at what a certain player you've watched for years can do and decide if that's good for your team winning or not. You didn't do anything wrong it's starfan1 he's really dakfan1.

If there were no salary cap and it was just Jerry's money that is being saved that would be totally different then it would be fair to say don't worry about how much they make.

starfan1

Reaction score
I think it's fair to look at the salary cap look at what a certain player you've watched for years can do and decide if that's good for your team winning or not. You didn't do anything wrong it's starfan1 he's really dakfan1.
not really dak is like my 4th or 5th favorite cowboy Im just Dak over you fans who know next to nothing about football and are emotional crybabies that show up in most every thread and make it about the QB. and has for a number of years. I dont care if hes gone next week but I wont sit and listen to you whinebuckets blame it all on him without some rebuttal.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
they don't have to sign with their current team, they can look elsewhere, maybe another team is offering more money
Well they could get transitioned, or franchised where they might not have. And you notice there's teams with a heck of a lot more money then we will ever have. I mean there's teams with $100 million to spend. Those guys have to spend a large chunk of that money and that will go to free agents.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kinda funny, I actually did that last year when we had problems in Q3 with Executive and Departmental heads salaries taking up too much overhead and our CFO was suggesting having to lay off some useful people lower on the org chart.
You are one of few...

Motorola

Reaction score
So Washington and Chicago have nearly $100 million to go wild with lol
Commanders ---- $87 mil
Patriots ----- just under $83 mil
Bears ----- just over $80 mil
Titans ----- just over $78.5 mil
Bengals ----- just under $73 mil
Colts ----- just over $72 mil
Texans ----- just under $67.6 mil
Lions ----- just under $63.8 mil

These teams can really go "all in" for top tier \ quality FAs.

CowboysJames69

Reaction score
For this interested at an easy $82 million in cap space

Well, this means "going all in" can get stupid expensive now for 2024.

Currently at $-3M in cap space.

Get a Dak extension done and bring his cap hit down to $39.45M (for easy math reasons) - Opens up $20M

Get a CD extension done and bring his cap hit down $10.99M (for easy math reasons) - Opens up $7M

Get a Martin extension done and bring his cap hit down $18.5M (for easy math reasons) - Opens up $10M

Restructure Diggs - Opens up $9M

Restructure Steele - Opens up $6M

Restructure Wilson - Opens up $2.5M

Cap increase - Opens up $30.6M

Leaves us with around $82M in 2024 cap space. Jerry needs to stunt on the FA market man....

You also can release Rush and LVE for an additional $5 million giving you $87 million in cap
I don't think you can count the 30.6m cap increase as we start 5 to 8 million over the new cap I believe

Sandyf

Reaction score
Posted over a month ago the cap was going to close to 256 million and everyone said I was crazy. Hmm, guess the crazy guy was right.

Loso86

Reaction score
Because $40 - $45 mil / season is waaaay enough money for any top 10 QB, and Dak should understand that if he truly would like to reach a SB, he needs to help the team help get very good talent around him. It's very simple.

If players want to be greedy, kick their rear ends out!
Yep explain that to a weaker qb 8n Daniel Jones and all the other QBs. Everybody tryna hand out money like it's yalls is crazy lmao. He's gonna get his pay raise amd extension and yall will either like it or not

Carson

Reaction score
I don't think you can count the 30.6m cap increase as we start 5 to 8 million over the new cap I believe
We were $-14 with the projected $244 million in cap.

With it jumping to $256 gives us an additional $12 million to work with. Should put us as $-2 or $-3 before doing anything

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yep explain that to a weaker qb 8n Daniel Jones and all the other QBs. Everybody tryna hand out money like it's yalls is crazy lmao. He's gonna get his pay raise amd extension and yall will either like it or not
Then don't complain why the Cowboys keep failing in the playoffs. Not one single complaint from you.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
d1c4.gif

LOL