2024 salary cap set at 255.4 million

calicowboy54

Reaction score
I don’t think so anymore. The extra 11-12 million puts Dallas more so around negative $3-4 million now.

You won’t be big players in Free agency .. but if they extend Dak they could easily get around 40-50 million in cap space
we need 3 things before the draft.

1 DT
1 LB
1 CB

the rest we can get in the draft. or resign

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have mixed feelings about this. It's more bad, then good. For the bad, it gives clubs more money to sign their own free agents which means less free agents of quality will be on the market. It also makes a lot more clubs players in free agency. Then, it's going to give teams in our own division more money to improve themselves. Specifically I'm thinking the Eagles who after cutting their safety free-agent next year will have near 45 million to spend. That's a lot of money, and players would want to go to them as much as they want to come to us. We are both winning teams, and players want the opportunity to win.

On the good side it helps us out of a hole. Currently with this large jump we are only 8 million in the red. That's a lot easier to correct then 20. It also makes the Salary Cap so no single player can hold the club hostage to get a deal done to make room. I'm thinking Prescott. It gives us a little more leverage in talks, and could yield a lesser payout.

Take your pick.
they don't have to sign with their current team, they can look elsewhere, maybe another team is offering more money

CowboysDrew

Reaction score

Kinda funny, I actually did that last year when we had problems in Q3 with Executive and Departmental heads salaries taking up too much overhead and our CFO was suggesting having to lay off some useful people lower on the org chart.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I always love when they post this.

Tyron Smith has made over $119,097,504. Dak Prescott has made $162,317,825 not including endorsements.

I sure hope they can afford to feed their families.

Its very comparable for a guy making $25 an hour slinging chips to take $20 an hour to help the team
:hammer:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
30 of that goes to Micah though, and I think we're currently around 16-20 mil over the cap actually. So that leaves about 32-36.
That's not how contracts are structured. You'd think you would know this by now.
1st years are always super low and then there will be a restructure and then the big hits come later as the cap grows.
Really shouldn't have to explain this.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I always love when they post this.

Tyron Smith has made over $119,097,504. Dak Prescott has made $162,317,825 not including endorsements.

I sure hope they can afford to feed their families.

Its very comparable for a guy making $25 an hour slinging chips to take $20 an hour to help the team
The craziest thing is who have been the two most generous in their contracts? Brady and Mahomes, besides Montana the two greatest players of all time. Fair that Brady had his wife's income but he still wasn't forced to.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The craziest thing is who have been the two most generous in their contracts? Brady and Mahomes, besides Montana the two greatest players of all time. Fair that Brady had his wife's income but he still wasn't forced to.
being fair only got him what???????????

starfan1

Reaction score
Crazy because none of us just lost to GB in ugly fashion, I wasn't tired on my job, I didn't make excuses, I don't have to change the culture at my job, my boss bought us some NICE mugs for christmas!!! lol
so everyone on team should take team friendly deal? or just the ones you dont care for?

Jayinem

Reaction score
That's not how contracts are structured. You'd think you would know this by now.
1st years are always super low and then there will be a restructure and then the big hits come later as the cap grows.
Really shouldn't have to explain this.
I'd appreciate if you wouldn't talk to me like a 5 year old that you've lectured many times. AFAIK this is the first time we've spoken. Not everyone is a cap expert ok and there's thousands of people on this forum. Don't treat everyone like they know the same thing and just explain it like an adult. If you can't do that then don't talk to me at all.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'd appreciate if you wouldn't talk to me like a 5 year old that you've lectured many times. AFAIK this is the first time we've spoken. Not everyone is a cap expert ok and there's thousands of people on this forum. Don't treat everyone like they know the same thing and just explain it like an adult. If you can't do that then don't talk to me at all.
My apologies.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why would he do that
Because $40 - $45 mil / season is waaaay enough money for any top 10 QB, and Dak should understand that if he truly would like to reach a SB, he needs to help the team help get very good talent around him. It's very simple.

If players want to be greedy, kick their rear ends out!