#24 Chris Johnson or # 22 Felix? Can we discuss in retrospect?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Inspired by the Mendehall/Felix debate

By Jim Wyatt • THE TENNESSEAN • September 24, 2009

Titans running back Chris Johnson has his foot in the door of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Well, at least his shoes are there.
Advertisement

After becoming the first player in NFL history to record a 90-plus yard rushing touchdown (91), a 50-plus rushing touchdown (57) and a 60-plus receiving touchdown (69) in the same game, the Hall of Fame called the Titans and asked for a souvenir.

Johnson, who racked up 284 total yards on Sunday against the Texans, sent his shoes from the game.

“It’s the same kind of setup (Vikings running back) Adrian Peterson has up there,” Johnson said. “That’s a great honor, pretty cool.’’

Peterson holds the NFL record for the most rushing yards in a game (296).

Johnson, who went to the Pro Bowl as a rookie last season, has twice visited the Hall of Fame, located in Canton, Ohio.

“Hopefully I’ll get my bust in there one day,’’ he said.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090924/SPORTS01/90924063/Chris+Johnson+s+shoes+in+Hall+of+Fame

So it's draft day and my heart is set on getting an all around RB in the 1st round. I wanted either Mendenhall or Chris Johnson. Felix wasn't even on my Radar. As the #22 pick came up and Felix was selected I, along with many others in draft chat, was flabbergasted. Then at #23 Mendenhall left the board and I was beside myself. When Chris Johnson went 24th I wanted to cry. I felt we had missed on a sure thing. Well, I will gladly admit I may have been wrong on Mendenhall. However, Chris Johnson has been a flat out MAN since day one. Add to this the fact that he's durable and hasn't suffered much in the way of injury. This is no indictment against Felix. He's is a very explosive multi-faceted back. He has had some issues staying on the field though.

Let's have some what if fun. If we knew then what we know now, would CJ have been a better pick at #22?

Thankfully for me, we got our all around back at #122. ;)

Discuss

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Of course he would have been. You want get many replies to this thread due to the fact that there are an abundance of CJ haters around here but I was one of the guys who thought he should have been the pick. Although I am very happy with what we got in Felix. I just hope he isn't injury prone.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Hostile;2985066 said:
Why are people always intent on looking backwards?

and how come they never look backwards on what we got right?

people forever think the grass is always better in jamica.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
CJ would've taken that draw to the right side on Monday to the house and would've stayed healthy.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
iceberg;2985069 said:
and how come they never look backwards on what we got right?

people forever think the grass is always better in jamica.
You ever had grass in Jamaica, it is better.:)

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Hostile;2985066 said:
Why are people always intent on looking backwards?

Bleu Star;2985052 said:
Let's have some what if fun.

I like what we have. However, looking back can be fun. For instance, I've been married for 17 wonderful years but I do occasionally sit back in the recliner and remember what once was when I was tearing up the clubs.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2985082 said:
Some comments can be very hypocritical. I will just leave it at that. ;)
Yeah, we read all your stuff on that guy who used to be here. We know.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2985052 said:
Inspired by the Mendehall/Felix debate

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090924/SPORTS01/90924063/Chris+Johnson+s+shoes+in+Hall+of+Fame

So it's draft day and my heart is set on getting an all around RB in the 1st round. I wanted either Mendenhall or Chris Johnson. Felix wasn't even on my Radar. As the #22 pick came up and Felix was selected I, along with many others in draft chat, was flabbergasted. Then at #23 Mendenhall left the board and I was beside myself. When Chris Johnson went 24th I wanted to cry. I felt we had missed on a sure thing. Well, I will gladly admit I may have been wrong on Mendenhall. However, Chris Johnson has been a flat out MAN since day one. Add to this the fact that he's durable and hasn't suffered much in the way of injury. This is no indictment against Felix. He's is a very explosive multi-faceted back. He has had some issues staying on the field though.

Let's have some what if fun. If we knew then what we know now, would CJ have been a better pick at #22?

Thankfully for me, we got our all around back at #122. ;)

Discuss

He did suffer an injury in the playoff game that seriously hurt Tennessee's chances in the playoffs last year.

I don't think many though Chris Johnson was as complete a back as Felix Jones. You may not remember, but rumors were that the Titans wanted Felix Jones rather than Johnson. They "settled" for Johnson, which turned out to be a very good pick for the Titans.

We really don't know whether Johnson would have been as durable here. Maybe the Titans do something with respect to training that the Cowboys don't. Who knows.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2985085 said:
He did suffer an injury in the playoff game that seriously hurt Tennessee's chances in the playoffs last year.

I don't think many though Chris Johnson was as complete a back as Felix Jones. You may not remember, but rumors were that the Titans wanted Felix Jones rather than Johnson. They "settled" for Johnson, which turned out to be a very good pick for the Titans.

We really don't know whether Johnson would have been as durable here. Maybe the Titans do something with respect to training that the Cowboys don't. Who knows.

Excellent point. Always possible.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2985084 said:
Damn. You're on me like flies on stink.
I usually am when I think a post topic is silly. It has nothing to do with you and everything to do with the ridiculous factor of a comment. You calling anyone a hypocrite is hilarious after your act prior to March 5 and right after.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Hostile;2985088 said:
I usually am when I think a post topic is silly. It has nothing to do with you and everything to do with the ridiculous factor of a comment. You calling anyone a hypocrite is hilarious after your act prior to March 5 and right after.

Prior to March 5th:

Me: neener neener neener I was right blah blah blah

After March 5th:

The opposition: Me: neener neener neener I was right blah blah blah

Regarding your opinion of my topic, You had the freedom to just point, click, scan, and move on but you chose to participate. Why am I not surprised?

Back on topic...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2985090 said:
Prior to March 5th:

Me: neener neener neener I was right blah blah blah

After March 5th:

The opposition: Me: neener neener neener I was right blah blah blah

Regarding your opinion of my topic, You had the freedom to just point, click, scan, and move on but you chose to participate. Why am I not surprised?

Back on topic...
I just told you, I often do when there is a ridiculous post. This thread applies.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Hostile;2985092 said:
I just told you, I often do when there is a ridiculous post. This thread applies.

OHHHH Ok. Well feel free to stay awhile and offer up more of whatever it is you're offering.

Oh..btw.. Why didn't you hit the Mendenhall/Jones thread with the same blind fury?

While you're at it, there's another backwards looking thread that's just dying to have your blessing.
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163806

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2985078 said:
So they can say look at me and how smart I am.
No one ever pushed forward with a self pat on the back.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2985094 said:
OHHHH Ok. Well feel free to stay awhile and offer up more of whatever it is you're offering.

Oh..btw.. Why didn't you hit the Mendenhall/Jones thread with the same blind fury?
What blind fury? Someone thinks this is silly so it's blind fury?

That thread is mocking those who wanted Mendenhall over Jones. You can read and interpret right? Just asking.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Well of COURSE we got the right guy. FELIX is the one who was at Arkansas after all.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Hostile;2985100 said:
What blind fury? Someone thinks this is silly so it's blind fury?

That thread is mocking those who wanted Mendenhall over Jones. You can read and interpret right? Just asking.

Ohhh.. So what makes this thread so different in your opinion? I clearly stated I wasn't hating on Felix. That said, it is what it is. CJ is good. We can't compare and discuss while you're awake?