#24 Chris Johnson or # 22 Felix? Can we discuss in retrospect?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2985102 said:
Ohhh.. So what makes this thread so different in your opinion? I clearly stated I wasn't hating on Felix. That said, it is what it is. CJ is good. We can't compare and discuss while you're awake?
:laugh2:

Zinc oxide would help that.

If that thread was about taking Mendenhall over Jones I would probably comment. Those who have already done so have done a fine job.

For the record I did not even notice who posted the original post in this thread until you objected to my "blind fury." My first reaction was "oh dear, I've disagreed with him again. He will probably take it personal."

Move over Miss Cleo, I got skills.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Hostile;2985107 said:
:laugh2:

Zinc oxide would help that.

If that thread was about taking Mendenhall over Jones I would probably comment. Those who have already done so have done a fine job.

For the record I did not even notice who posted the original post in this thread until you objected to my "blind fury." My first reaction was "oh dear, I've disagreed with him again. He will probably take it personal."

Move over Miss Cleo, I got skills.

Way to flip the script Mr. Interloper. :clap2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2985111 said:
Way to flip the script Mr. Interloper. :clap2:
How is it flipping the script when you asked me why I have not commented in that thread?

Oh yeah, it isn't.

I'll go comment in it if it will soothe your rash. The Rice thread too since that seems to be under your skin too.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Hostile;2985112 said:
How is it flipping the script when you asked me why I have not commented in that thread?

Oh yeah, it isn't.

I'll go comment in it if it will soothe your rash. The Rice thread too since that seems to be under your skin too.

Just making comparisons... you know.. like the premise of this thread... That is all. No need to get heated. Perhaps one day this thread will morph back on topic (if you release it from your mystical grip).

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Could you imagine Chris Johnson and Desean Jackson with what we have now. Wow! However Felix and Jenkins in the 1st rd ain't bad either. I think both players will be Pro-bowl players especially if Felix can be more durable.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2985116 said:
Just making comparisons... you know.. like the premise of this thread... That is all. No need to get heated. Perhaps one day this thread will morph back on topic (if you release it from your mystical grip).
Heated? What happened to my blind fury?

What metaphor will pop up next to describe your concern over my panning of the idea? If I fail at this Miss Cleo will laugh...I called her out earlier.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile

Bleu Star

you guys are funny

btw, back on topic, not bad for a running back who finished with the worst shuttle time, eh? ;)

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
I still would take Felix over Chris Johnson any day. I hate that dude. Johnson has such a sorry attitude.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyMike;2985142 said:
I still would take Felix over Chris Johnson any day. I hate that dude. Johnson has such a sorry attitude.

he's already ran for over 1200 yards something mb3 has yet to do but its ok you bias is clearly showing

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tyke1doe;2985085 said:
He did suffer an injury in the playoff game that seriously hurt Tennessee's chances in the playoffs last year.

I don't think many though Chris Johnson was as complete a back as Felix Jones. You may not remember, but rumors were that the Titans wanted Felix Jones rather than Johnson. They "settled" for Johnson, which turned out to be a very good pick for the Titans.

We really don't know whether Johnson would have been as durable here. Maybe the Titans do something with respect to training that the Cowboys don't. Who knows.
"Rumors"? Not quite. Flashback to April 29, 2008:
DallasEast;2064299 said:
I know that this will not matter very much to you, but... here you go:

HEAD COACH JEFF FISHER
(opening statements)

"Well, as you can see there was a lot of movement in the first round ahead of us and we got four or five picks away and we felt very good because we had three or four players that we were very excited about. A couple of them went ahead of us.

JEFF FISHER
(on if he was tempted to try and trade up to get Felix Jones)

"No, we were very content. We had numerous discussions comparing and contrasting both Felix and Chris. I’ll just say this: we’re very delighted to have an opportunity to draft Chris. We feel like Felix is going to have a great career. It was a great selection. I came in early this morning to look at both of them again. That’s how close we were. Both of them are very similar from the standpoint of what they do and how they do it. I’m going to let Cole Proctor talk about it because he’s seen him first hand."

http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_detail.php?PRKey=5713

Reaction score
Wow... I'm a Felix Jones fan but he can't stay healthy as of yet. Chris Johnson was intentially hurt by the Ravens in that playoff game so I'll give him a pass on that. I think Johnson has been outstanding for the Titans.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2985052 said:
Inspired by the Mendehall/Felix debate

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090924/SPORTS01/90924063/Chris+Johnson+s+shoes+in+Hall+of+Fame

So it's draft day and my heart is set on getting an all around RB in the 1st round. I wanted either Mendenhall or Chris Johnson. Felix wasn't even on my Radar. As the #22 pick came up and Felix was selected I, along with many others in draft chat, was flabbergasted. Then at #23 Mendenhall left the board and I was beside myself. When Chris Johnson went 24th I wanted to cry. I felt we had missed on a sure thing. Well, I will gladly admit I may have been wrong on Mendenhall. However, Chris Johnson has been a flat out MAN since day one. Add to this the fact that he's durable and hasn't suffered much in the way of injury. This is no indictment against Felix. He's is a very explosive multi-faceted back. He has had some issues staying on the field though.

Let's have some what if fun. If we knew then what we know now, would CJ have been a better pick at #22?

Thankfully for me, we got our all around back at #122. ;)

Discuss

Discuss:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163827

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Having the gift of knowing what we do now, I'd take CJ.

Only because Felix has spent more time off the field than on.

If Felix could stay on the field, I'd take Felix because I think he has a much better attitude.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
CowboyMike;2985142 said:

Uh oh, I hope you have your flame suit handy. The CJ Fan Club won't stand for this!

Gotta love this thread. Even when we get a pick right, let's rue because it might possibly have been better. :rolleyes:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2985183 said:
Uh oh, I hope you have your flame suit handy. The CJ Fan Club won't stand for this!

Gotta love this thread. Even when we get a pick right, let's rue because it might possibly have been better. :rolleyes:

Those people will be nowhere to be found once F Jones stays on the field. He's the better player and will prove it down the road.

People so underestimate this guy. He's had back to back games of almost 100yds rushing as a half-time player. Think about that. For his CAREER he's averaging almost 9.5yds per carry. Thats just sick.

Ren

Reaction score
Felix didn't have any problems with injuries in college so this whole debate is pretty pointless how exatly would one be able to see that Felix would have an injury problem and CJ not before they played a down in the NFL

When Felix is actually playing he's just as good if not better then CJ, If we hadn't drafted Felix the Titans would have so if we where stupid for picking him what does that say about the Titans?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2985196 said:
Those people will be nowhere to be found once F Jones stays on the field. He's the better player and will prove it down the road.

People so underestimate this guy. He's had back to back games of almost 100yds rushing as a half-time player. Think about that. For his CAREER he's averaging almost 9.5yds per carry. Thats just sick.

calm down, HOMER

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Mendenhall sucks. I am so glad we didnt pick him.

McFadden is either hurt or fumbling.....Thank God he went so early.

I will admit, I didn't want Felix. I wanted either CJ, Charles, or K. Smith.

I am disappointed with how Charles has faired so far....IMO, he should have stayed at UT. Smith has done ok for the Lions, considering it is the Lions. CJ has done very well for the Titans.

I am happy with Felix, even if I didn't want him at first. I am very happy with Choice.