26 penalties last night tied last years total already

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don’t know if you can blame the RB’s as much as the OL. Atlanta’s OL looked really bad last night. Atlanta either couldn’t or refused to run inside most of the game. Both teams looked really bad at WR after Jones and Agholor. I hope Philly plays this poorly when they play us.

I don't think the Alt RB run tough down by the goal line. With the line bunched up there will not be much room to run, RB has to lower the shoulder and hit the gap and plow forward. What I saw was Freeman getting to the line and stopping with no leg drive at contact. I know those are tough yards to come by but I think a RB has to run hard to have a chance to break that goal line.

DiResta

Reaction score
I don’t know if you can blame the RB’s as much as the OL. Atlanta’s OL looked really bad last night. Atlanta either couldn’t or refused to run inside most of the game. Both teams looked really bad at WR after Jones and Agholor. I hope Philly plays this poorly when they play us.
or maybe the Eagles line is just that fast and dominant?
sorry but their offense may have been sloppy (the Falcons have a good defense as well, and it wasn't until players started dropping that the Eagles were able to move the ball) but their defense is nasty

GenoT

Reaction score
Wonder what our first game’s gonna look like?

Zeke never played in the preseason, Dak played a few series in two games before they shut him down. Lee, Jaylon and LVE rarely played, we got two new guys (Williams, Looney) on the O-line and a safety-thin secondary. Also, we’ve got several new WRs and some barely or never used TEs, all of whom got very few game-reps with Dak in the preseason. And never mind that ALL our receivers AND Dak are now working in Linehan’s supposedly “new” passing offense.

I suspect we’re gonna see a LOT of sloppy football on Sunday...and it won’t be because of the refs.

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
26 penalties, but none of them were for the new "lowering the helmet" rule people freaked out about in preseason.

That's the scary part no one's talking about.......could have been a lot worst

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Roughing the passer is going to drive me insane this year. No rhyme or reason how it is applied. I saw ‘driving to the ground with your weight’ multiple times last night and it’s a crapshoot if it’s called or not.

And don’t get me started on PI. Just let them handfight like the old days.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Goodell was in attendance last night too..this will be corrected soon.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The strangest thing about the penalties is that they seemed to be letting the DB's get away with lots of contact, grabbing, etc.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Atlanta was screwed, and that changed the entire game. Then again, Atlanta gave that game away on many other opportunities as well.

bad call but that's not even close as to why they lost. How about scoring a TD when your living in the redzone the 1st half. If that is us i'd be pissed.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
This will be corrected soon.

My biggest issue is with the new body-weight-roughing-the-passer-penalty. How are you supposed to tackle Ben Rothlisberger or whoever now? It takes 2 defenders to get him down already. How about 250lb Cam Newton?

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
This is what you get when teams can't practice like they used to and won't play their starters during the preseason.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Can we play the Eagles soon please, I want Foles in the headlights!! Just hope we aren't too sloppy because our first team O played very little in the pre-season.
It would be to our advantage to play the Eagles later rather than sooner...even against Went. We seem to be better in the middle of the season as opposed to the first few games or so. I have a feeling our first game is going to be as sloppy as what we saw last night, but I hope I'm wrong.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
It’s pretty hard to have a flow to a game,when you have ..”Flag,flag,converse,review,commercial,flag,flag”
It’s not fun to watch.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
It would be to our advantage to play the Eagles later rather than sooner...even against Went. We seem to be better in the middle of the season as opposed to the first few games or so. I have a feeling our first game is going to be as sloppy as what we saw last night, but I hope I'm wrong.

Yep, I'm thinking it will be sloppy play too guag. Lots of off sides, holding. Just hoping Looney tunes doesn't get all twitchy and bounce the ball to Dak. Our center and left guard play are gonna be critical. Expect a few rookie mistakes

T-RO

Reaction score
The strangest thing about the penalties is that they seemed to be letting the DB's get away with lots of contact, grabbing, etc.

Not to excuse the officials but that’s how DBs are coached to play now...get away with as much clawing and grabbing as possible. It’s how Richard coaches as well...

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
Whether the officials or the players are responsible -- or both -- a game during which there are that many penalties is virtually unwatchable, and I gave up on it early. It simply wasn't worth the time. Pass rushers have a major dilemma. If they slow down and raise their arms to deflect a pass or distract a QB, they run the risk of contact with the helmet. If they go low, it's a penalty. If they hit the strike zone, they have to adjust their minimum to avoid falling directly on the QB. Risk: It becomes like OL holding -- technically a foul could be called on a large percentage of sacks. The officials must then decide when to throw a flag. The lack of practice shows. It really does. The lack of preseason play for many starters and key reserves is an issue, probably, but that's more debatable. College teams never had preseason and often do not look as rusty as those NFL teams looked last night.

Regardless the reasons, if the NFL doesn't get a handle on these problems, more people are going to find other things to do. People watch to be entertained. A 10th grade talent show might have provided greater entertainment.