Drafted by Cowboys 2nd Round, Pick 58 - Cowboys Draft DT Trysten Hill, UCF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I feel like every draft there is a player the Cowboys reach for. He is the 1tech that we have passed on for years, just a little surprised with the safeties on the board and depth of dts available in this draft.

No one knows exactly how this draft would play out if they passed but I would think they could have traded down got an extra 4th round pick then traded up again in the 3rd.

hes not a 1 tech. clearly a 3 tech.

jnday

Reaction score
No, he is not likely to be a 1 tech. As a matter of fact that was his issue in college... He doesn't like playing the nose and that led to the issue with his coach.
I agree. Everything that I have seen says that he is a 3-tech. I wonder how much improvement, if any, that this pick will provide the run defense. A big run stuffer would do wonders for the defense.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think so.

I think they made their mind up well before the draft and didn’t care who was on the board.

That is why everyone knew somehow who the 58th pick in the draft would be far ahead of time.

I know between the signing of Covington and the drafting of this kid I think the DT position is in better shape than it was post playoff loss vs. the Rams.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Completely agree.

I wouldn't go so far as to call him a douchebag. But yeah, safety was the bigger need and had higher rated players.

Heath is a major problem.

He quit on his team and teammates because he didn't like the coach. He's a dbag.

ultron

Reaction score
McClay signed off on Charlton.

Apparently he buys into Marinelli's garbage.

Interesting how you shine a spotlight on the one bust over the last 5 years. It's the 58th pick in a weak draft - no ONE player is going to be a game changer at this point in the draft.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So happy we didn't draft a SS. We can still get a SS in the 3rd to compete with heath.

GenoT

Reaction score
The sky is falling!

We’ll rue the day!

Maybe Joe Randle can go out and steal a truckload of dry underwear; make ‘em available to some of the folks in here.
:muttley::thumbup:

stiletto

Reaction score
Guess I have to be open minded, the rumors over the last 2-3 days were there. It is what it is... if he is Taco-Like.. I'll generally be sad. It means the team is done for years to come. Yep..I am dramatic...but you CANNOT miss on two defensive guys.

Sydla

Reaction score
We also hated Chaz Green because of a ton of red flags--and lo and behold, we were right

And that’s the thread with some of those guys......

Irving, Charlton, Green........ questionable work ethic, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.