Drafted by Cowboys 2nd Round, Pick 58 - Cowboys Draft DT Trysten Hill, UCF

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Maybe they felt he was the best given the positions they were considering?

I don’t think so.

I think they made their mind up well before the draft and didn’t care who was on the board.

That is why everyone knew somehow who the 58th pick in the draft would be far ahead of time.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jeremiah just told the whole world that he's the first guy off the ball on EVERY SINGLE snap. I'm listening to all the guys who do this stuff for a living tell me that this guy has an elite first step but all the experts in here seem to know better.
It's no good havi g a fast first step but going in the wrong direction or into a blocker that runs you out of the play.

RamziD

Reaction score
I liked Hill at #90, had him in my final mock draft there. I didn’t expect all the S we like to be there at #58, though, and would have much rather we drafted Rapp instead.

Carson

Reaction score
my concern is that he will be a problem child but i guess Marinelli is not worried about it,we will see.

I don’t think so.

He’s gelled with Rod, had dinner with him and has kept in constant contact throughout the draft.

Rod will get this kid right

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I think it's important to remember that we can hate the value, and still like the player.

Maybe we'll pull a 2017 and get amazing value in the middle rounds of the remainder of the draft.

Silly

Reaction score
Rotoworld’s take:

• TRYSTEN HILLDL, DALLAS COWBOYS

Cowboys selected UCF DT Trysten Hill with the No. 58 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.
    Hill (6’3/305) turned pro as a true junior after a falling out with UCF’s new coaching staff, starting only one game in 2018 but still tallying career highs in tackles for loss (10.5) and sacks (3) as one of the American Conference’s top interior defensive linemen. Hill’s talent was never in doubt, however, and he blew up the Combine with the fourth-highest SPARQ score among players invited at his position. With first-round-caliber tape and athleticism, Hill offers Pro Bowl upside if coaches can get him to fully buy in.

Apr 26, 2019, 9:08 PM

I guess you call that a wild cat Jerry pick. But I like it. I hope he blows up the NFL this season.

DezNuts

Reaction score
At this point I just trust McClay. Excited to see if he can become a stud in the middle of the line.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
People hated the Charlton pick and are looking dead on here.

This guy has a similar resume to Charlton - questionable work ethic, lazy, takes plays off, could be a pain in the *** with coaches.

People also hated the Travis Frederick pick and said he should have been a 3rd rounder. I trust this FO more than knee jerk cowboys fans

CWR

Reaction score
This pick is off the chain! Im a huge fan of this kid, been following him every since we drafted him. If the last 20 minutes worth of knowledge from this board and this board alone tells me anything it's that we are screwed lol. Hell I dunno fellas, but at least I do know that yall dont know either lol.

This draft is boring, I lost interest when we traded for Coop. Im only here out of habit now. Damn though I hope we get a safety.

Gaede

Reaction score
I like the player and the position, just not the pick. Too high and could've had a better player at 58.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
At this point I just trust McClay. Excited to see if he can become a stud in the middle of the line.
McClay signed off on Charlton.

Apparently he buys into Marinelli's garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.