2nd Round Short List - 1/27

Undefeated

Reaction score
I'm liking Nasir Adderley in the 2nd, Adderley and Xavier Woods can play either safety spot. I'm not sure where he'll go though after his strong Senior Bowl week.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I'm liking Nasir Adderley in the 2nd, Adderley and Xavier Woods can play either safety spot. I'm not sure where he'll go though after his strong Senior Bowl week.

I wouldn’t be mad if we added 2 safeties with how inconsistent our starters are.

I think Adderley goes somewhere in the top 50.

Undefeated

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be mad if we added 2 safeties with how inconsistent our starters are.

I think Adderley goes somewhere in the top 50.
There are also some good FS's that are going to be free agents. Maybe bring someone in for a cheaper deal like Tre Boston and put Woods at SS.

cnuball21

Reaction score
There are also some good FS's that are going to be free agents. Maybe bring someone in for a cheaper deal like Tre Boston and put Woods at SS.

I’m sure we’ll be asking about ET, but if there’s other options in FA I’m all for it.

Putting Woods at SS would magnify his weakness. He struggles with tackling, and I think he’d look worse there.

Undefeated

Reaction score
I’m sure we’ll be asking about ET, but if there’s other options in FA I’m all for it.

Putting Woods at SS would magnify his weakness. He struggles with tackling, and I think he’d look worse there.
I would be all for ET, but the price might be too high. I agree Woods is better at FS, but depending on how it plays out, our best combination might have Woods at SS over Heath and a new player at FS. Hopefully we can keep Woods at FS and find a decent SS.

RS12

Reaction score
D. Lawrence (DT)
J. Tillery (DT)
G. Willis (DT)
J. Abrams (S)
N. Adderley (S)
J. Polite (DE)
B. Burns (DE)

Few things of note:

- I’m not drafting a TE in the 2nd unless it’s a clear cut better prospect that Schultz who had a 3rd/4th round grade. As of now, the guys I like are Fant and Smith who will be gone.

- I could be talked out of DE. If the team feels good about Gregory, and the progression of Taco / Armstrong probably don’t need to go this route. If not, great year to take advantage of a loaded class.
You forgot Hockenson who will be long gone at TE. Willis is still flying under the radar which is good.

Reactions: BAT

RS12

Reaction score
I am huge critic of the FO but not ready to throw in the towel on Connor Williams. I think he ends up at OT and being at least an average starter there.

jay94

Reaction score
I don't think DE should even be in discussion for round 2 unless Lawrence walks or Gregory gets suspended again. Rather see DT/S/OL/WR in that order.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I don't think DE should even be in discussion for round 2 unless Lawrence walks or Gregory gets suspended again. Rather see DT/S/OL/WR in that order.

I can agree if we feel good about Gregory moving forward.

I’d be hard pressed to take a WR in the 2nd on a run first team. Why?

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Willams was a fringe 1st round talent that progressed as the season went on and is coming off a game where he held his ground against Donald and Suh. He needs to add power, but I like what I saw this year and don’t see why he won’t continue to get better.

What are you basing your claims on for Lindstrom being a better prospect coming out then Williams?
Watching him play. Just remember this thread.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You seriously don't think Lawrence is gonna be there late in the 2nd round,do you?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
If you think a DE can only play one side please don't reply to my posts anymore.
Regardless of which side he plays he’s not a speed rusher. He’s a twitchier version of Crawford. He’s not big enough to play 3T and not a speed rusher which are the 2 spots that are needed on DL.

Gregory is not a 3 down player yet and not ideal to HAVE to rely on him

jay94

Reaction score
I can agree if we feel good about Gregory moving forward.

I’d be hard pressed to take a WR in the 2nd on a run first team. Why?

Was the last on my list, but likely Beasley and Hurns are both gone, and decoy Austin. I would much rather have a 1 tech DT although I have my doubts that they will address that in the second round.

rockj7

Reaction score
D. Lawrence (DT)
J. Tillery (DT)
G. Willis (DT)
J. Abrams (S)
N. Adderley (S)
J. Polite (DE)
B. Burns (DE)

Few things of note:

- I’m not drafting a TE in the 2nd unless it’s a clear cut better prospect that Schultz who had a 3rd/4th round grade. As of now, the guys I like are Fant and Smith who will be gone.

- I could be talked out of DE. If the team feels good about Gregory, and the progression of Taco / Armstrong probably don’t need to go this route. If not, great year to take advantage of a loaded class.

Question we are picking #58 in the 2nd round? Is this class deep in the 2nd round ? I ask because we pick so late in round 2. I hope we aren't stuck with a player graded in the 3rd round but we have to pick in the 2nd

cnuball21

Reaction score
I am huge critic of the FO but not ready to throw in the towel on Connor Williams. I think he ends up at OT and being at least an average starter there.

Not even close. He’ll be better this year, and better the year after.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You seriously don't think Lawrence is gonna be there late in the 2nd round,do you?

With how loaded this DL class is, someone really good is going to fall.

He might be there, might not.

Reactions: BAT