3 FA Targets at DT

kskboys

Reaction score
a trash can full of diret in the middle would make a BIG difference and will not cost that much
Pass rush is NOT EVERYTHING as we learned last year and should have learned before
Yeah, we had like a top 5 pass rush.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Raekwon was a tough one to figure out in Miami.

First year he looked like a potential stud in the making.
Then just on and off play.
To me, Davis would be best a depth/competition signing. Not someone you pay to be a starter/handle a lot of the snaps.
Perfect guy to put at DE in a 3-4. I would go get him and Ashawn at NT and build the 3-4 around them and add in the draft.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not getting excited over any players in FA. Not spending my time looking through all the lists or possibilities even for some low key type players.
Not because there aren't players out there. Because it just never happens.

We will get a lot of 1 year prove it deals most likely. Which I am surprised they did not do that as much last year. Maybe they did learn a little something. But I do not want to give them too much credit for that at this time.

I do appreciate the threads on them though. Always interesting to see opinions on the different players.

shabazz

Reaction score
I’d hope the cowboys are aiming a little higher than this for the position if I’m being honest
The fiscal malpractice by our GMs contracts prohibit us from getting any Blue Chip player still in their PRIME

Either off the couch or past their prime is what we will get

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
The fiscal malpractice by our GMs contracts prohibit us from getting any Blue Chip player still in their PRIME

Either off the couch or past their prime is what we will get
You are right about who we will get likely lol but

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
I can let Mazi use my military discount at Golden Corral all summer. Problem solved. :laugh:

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
No they can't. We have very little cap space and other teams have a ton.
Yes they can, they can restructure cut and extend multiple people and create as much 40m in cap space if they wanted to. Cap space in the nfl is a myth- it can always be created

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes they can, they can restructure cut and extend multiple people and create as much 40m in cap space if they wanted to. Cap space in the nfl is a myth- it can always be created
Then explain to me why teams release players they don't want to anymore.

The real myth is that cap space is a myth.

I don't know where you're getting this from, but you need a new info source.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score

To get cap savings to sign other high priced players on their team or put money into other assets already on their roster or free agency. For example, the dolphins cut Howard and ogbah so they can retain Wilkins and possibly a linebacker. Wilkins is younger and more important right now so you make the necessary moves to keep him.

I’m not sure how you are debating this really- yes, at some point the bill becomes due but the nfl salary cap can be manipulated more than any other salary cap in professional sports. If it’s such a myth- explain to me how the cowboys get cap space by extending dak & ceedee and cutting or restricting other players? Numbers don’t lie. There’s more loopholes in Nfl contract and salary cap than any sport

CTcowboy203

Reaction score

“Over the last 15+ years, we’ve seen NFL teams spending way more cash than what the cap supposedly allows.

In the 2023, we’ll have at least one team that will spend nearly $70 million cash above the salary cap limit and we’ll have at least eight teams that will spend more than $25 million above the salary cap.”

Some people have chided those teams saying: “But aren’t they just ‘kicking the can’ down the road?”

Well, yes. That’s exactly what they’re doing. They’re pushing monies into future years. They are definitely kicking the can down the road. But, here’s the thing… they can do that indefinitely, with impunity.

Teams can indeed “kick the can” down the road, and when they get “down the road” in a few seasons, they’ll just “kick the can” again. There’s literally nothing to stop them from doing this over and over again.”

You can Google this topic ad nauseam and find multiple other articles echoing the same but you should probably read this article as a good starter. The bill will always come due but there are countless avenues to manipulate it ; restructures, extensions, bonuses, void years.

https://thecapisfake.com/2023/05/03/why-is-the-nfl-salary-cap-fake-the-definitive-case/

1942willys

Reaction score
“Over the last 15+ years, we’ve seen NFL teams spending way more cash than what the cap supposedly allows.

In the 2023, we’ll have at least one team that will spend nearly $70 million cash above the salary cap limit and we’ll have at least eight teams that will spend more than $25 million above the salary cap.”

Some people have chided those teams saying: “But aren’t they just ‘kicking the can’ down the road?”

Well, yes. That’s exactly what they’re doing. They’re pushing monies into future years. They are definitely kicking the can down the road. But, here’s the thing… they can do that indefinitely, with impunity.

Teams can indeed “kick the can” down the road, and when they get “down the road” in a few seasons, they’ll just “kick the can” again. There’s literally nothing to stop them from doing this over and over again.”

You can Google this topic ad nauseam and find multiple other articles echoing the same but you should probably read this article as a good starter. The bill will always come due but there are countless avenues to manipulate it ; restructures, extensions, bonuses, void years.

https://thecapisfake.com/2023/05/03/why-is-the-nfl-salary-cap-fake-the-definitive-case/
You pay a price sooner or later. There is no such thing as a free lunch forever. Now the best can twist and twirl it extremely well but you eventually have to make decisions based on what cap space you have at the time. You have to make choices on who you can keep and who you cannot. The Chiefs are an excellent example of that; getting rid of a TOP WR because they chose to spend their money elsewhere BECAUSE the CAP exists and no one has unlimited cap space. Your claim that is the case is patently wrong

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
You pay a price sooner or later. There is no such thing as a free lunch forever. Now the best can twist and twirl it extremely well but you eventually have to make decisions based on what cap space you have at the time. You have to make choices on who you can keep and who you cannot. The Chiefs are an excellent example of that; getting rid of a TOP WR because they chose to spend their money elsewhere BECAUSE the CAP exists and no one has unlimited cap space. Your claim that is the case is patently wrong
Of course you have to make hard decisions, that’s always been a part of roster building and management in the nfl. The cap exists but the cap can be manipulated and the simple fact is that if the cowboys wanted to create a ton of cap space this off-season and sign a big time free agent they could and that’s not patently wrong….that’s math and numbers.

Tough decisions go hand in hand in sports ; who to cut, who to re- sign, who to let walk. That’s basic roster management and I never said a team has unlimited cap lol…nice Try. I said cap space can be manipulated because it can be.

rambo2

Reaction score
I tend to judge it by the way other teams refuse to honor their offers for players like it's poison, while other teams seem to have no problem.:huh:
How many other teams have won 37 games over the last 3 years?