3 Mike McCarthy Replacements Cowboys Should Already Circle After Week 2

GMO415

Reaction score
Can we just pluck someone else from the Shanahan tree? Hell, their custodian would be an upgrade.
cristin-milioti-oh-damn.gif

Majic

Reaction score
Spagnuolo? No.

Ben Johnson would be great but I'd be concerned Jerry will force assistants on him.

Belichick is essentially a lock. Here's why:

1. Jerry is lazy. His two interviews for the last job were Mike McCarthy and Marvin Lewis. McCarthy has the imagination of mayonaise and here's the titles Marvin Lewis has held since the interview:
  • Co-defensve Coordinator, Arizona State
  • Special Advisor, Arizona State
  • Assistant Head Coach, Las Vegas Raiders
Very inspired choices Jerry.

2. Belichick is a big name. Jerry wins the off-season.

3. At 72, Belichick is eyeing Shula's victory record, and Dallas may offer the best opportunity to secure the 26 wins needed over the next three years. He might be open to relinquishing full roster control, allowing Jerry to maintain the facade of being the General Manager.
Agreed, but I have reservations whether Jerry could handle Belichick winning his way

Majic

Reaction score
Big Mike may have checked out. Maybe.
It has felt like Belicheck will be here next year pretty much from the moment he was "fired". Low hanging fruit for all the pundits and predictors. I think it's happening because it's so, Jerry Jones.
Ben Johnson would be a great step into a fresh philosophy and a chance at landing a young successful HC, like the Rams did with Sean McVey. So, this will never happen in Dallas because, Jerry Jones.
Spagnuolo would be an awful selection. A failed retread HC. Not a headline hire at all. I mean, this is Jerry Jones doing the hiring here...lol

Those who are claiming Bill's nothing without Brady may have forgotten but, while in Cleveland, he had the Browns winning their division. Vinnie Testaverde was his QB. He built a legendary coaching staff. Then, Art Modell pulled the rug out from under the whole team and it died an ugly death. He also led NE to an 11-5 season with Matt Cassel after losing Brady less than 2 quarters into their season opening game. Let's not pretend the guy can't coach.
There is going to be a market for Belichick. Likely 3 teams in NFC East interested.

LysleE

Reaction score
I wouldn’t think this organization could handle BB…although he is exactly what is needed.
Of course Jerry would meddle and undermine one of the greatest football coaches in the history of the game.

mardwin

Reaction score
What a dumb comment, bill rebuilt that dumpster fire into a playoff team, but guess who his defensive coordinator was?
What exactly is BB is going to rebuild? He didn't do it in New England, but do you think he will make a difference with the current front office structure? Parcells left a competitive team but didn't stick around, instead, Wade/Garrett destroyed the foundation he left behind.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
people who want belicheck have no right whatsoever to question anything Jerry does. Pot calling the kettle black

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
WHOEVER they hire, they MUST bring in their own coaches, and SCHEMES, whatever is here when they arrive needs to be burned

75boyz

Reaction score
I don't know about Belichick without Brady.
The win/loss record nosedived after Brady left.
Additionally, Belichick's recent past draft history was extremely poor.

But in true Jerry fashion, Belichick will most likely be the choice cuz he would sell the most fan interest/publicity/propaganda for the team.

And Jerry likes publicity.
Regardless if it's good or not.
Cha-ching...cash register pinging.

pansophy

Reaction score
I would hire Kubiak. He would keep the passing offense going and fix the run game. Defense just needs to either draft better on the interior DL or spend some money there.

Skynet

Reaction score
Jerry was the general manager who, not so anonymously, informed a reporter that Vrabel's presence was too intimidating.

During “The Athletic Football Show” Russini recalled a conversation that she had with an unnamed NFL general manager, who suggested that Vrabel’s physical build may have turned teams off.

“Did you know I had a GM at the Senior Bowl who mentioned to me Vrabel’s physical build,” Russini said. “That he’s a very large human being and can be very intimidating to people in an organization that are going to be part of these decisions. That is a factor.”
That’s both hilarious and depressing .

morat1959

Reaction score
We are sunk for the next 4 years no matter who the coach or GM is with the current starting QB if your ultimate goal is reaching a SB. If you believe different, I’ve got some land to sale you.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I mean, what’s the worst that could happen with Belichick? At least he knows how to coordinate a defense.
True .....but don't let any of his former assistants ( offense ) anywhere near the team.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Spagnuolo? No.

Ben Johnson would be great but I'd be concerned Jerry will force assistants on him.

Belichick is essentially a lock. Here's why:

1. Jerry is lazy. His two interviews for the last job were Mike McCarthy and Marvin Lewis. McCarthy has the imagination of mayonaise and here's the titles Marvin Lewis has held since the interview:
  • Co-defensve Coordinator, Arizona State
  • Special Advisor, Arizona State
  • Assistant Head Coach, Las Vegas Raiders
Very inspired choices Jerry.

2. Belichick is a big name. Jerry wins the off-season.

3. At 72, Belichick is eyeing Shula's victory record, and Dallas may offer the best opportunity to secure the 26 wins needed over the next three years. He might be open to relinquishing full roster control, allowing Jerry to maintain the facade of being the General Manager.
It wouldn't surprise me if BB already has a handshake agreement with Jerry. Knowing how close him and Jimmy are, and the fact that Jimmy is apparently now back in the fold. It would not shock me at all.

I just hate that they would waste a year because they don't want to pay McCarthy to sit on a couch. Even though he may as well be on game day.