3 things that folks missed about Parsons

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I saw it in pre-season when he put that OL on his a** like it was nothing. I said to my wife "this boy is gonna be awesome".

fansince68

Reaction score
Parsons, and diggs to some extent have an edge that this defense needs. I've always felt Dlaw has it as well, he gets a lot of unnecessary flak. He does his job, but he was just always out there as our only real playmaker. Now we have a couple other guys to help out.

If you can develop a couple of dominant defenders on your team. Then the other guys (Jaylon, LVE, the safeties, Gregory) can fall into complementary rolls and help this team out.
Don't forget Odiggy. Dude has also been a find for this team. Just imagine an offseason in the weight room and conditioning program for Parsons and Odiggy...

fansince68

Reaction score
Teams WILL game plan for him, and they WILL gain ground, but some of that gain will be negated by his growth as a player, and he will create opportunity for others to succeed.
Once Tank returns. I can see Gregory benefitting from the Parsons effect. Not to mention that we still have yet another linebacker to develop that should be great in coverage as well.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think we missed any of those things about Parsons. The OP is making stuff up.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I’m excited too. But it’s been 3 games. Opposing OCs are gaining more film on him. His opportunity at greatness lies ahead when the adjustments come. I believe he’s up to it. But teams are going to start game planning him like we haven’t seen yet. Can’t wait to see how he responds.
I hope so. Imagine D Law back, and just bringing him on the edge next to Lawrence. It's not always about the end result, but the way you force the offense to bend to your will. He's a great asset, and if he stays healthy we've got a heck of a player.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
When Lawrence gets back for our playoff run I feel confident (for once in a long time) that the coaches will have Parsons, Dlaw, and Gregory after the passer on clear passing downs.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
In my humble opinion… I think he’s too light in the pants to play DE full time. He’s gonna wear down. I’m hoping he goes back to LB.

Western

Reaction score
If Parsons would have played to his potential (based on his trajectory, and progress from his sophomore year) last year at Penn State, rather than opting out, more than a likely he would have been a top-five pick (if he elected to enter the draft) in the 2021 draft.
More than likely out of the reach of the Cowboys selection.

Sometimes, your prayers are answered by the draft Gods on draft day.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
1. Pass rushing potential- I thought Parsons was the best defensive player in the draft. But even I didn’t see his potential as a pass rusher. I could see the potential as a blitzer. But I didn’t envision what we’ve seen so far. I see a skill set that can really be developed.

2. Intelligence- The character concerns are what we heard about. No one talks about how smart this kid is. His ability to absorb all that has been thrown at him is impressive. Very few rookies are asked to do what he’s done and excel. This ability is going to serve him well going forward.

3.Motor- He wasn’t considered lazy but no one called him relentless. And that’s what he is. When you have elite talent, intelligence, and motor you generally get a special player

Some laughed when it was said this is a kid that you can build a defense around. Not so much laughing now. You don’t get this talent often. Hope we don’t waste it.
Definitely best defensive player in that draft and as I said before, I believe cowboys played that draft out perfectly so that he would fall to us. Whom they wanted all along

Macnalty

Reaction score
In my humble opinion… I think he’s too light in the pants to play DE full time. He’s gonna wear down. I’m hoping he goes back to LB.
I agree he is not built for steady work in the trenches, not to say he is not effective just long term soft tissue injuries will start to show much quicker. IMO

Macnalty

Reaction score
Definitely best defensive player in that draft and as I said before, I believe cowboys played that draft out perfectly so that he would fall to us. Whom they wanted all along
I lost confidence long ago in this front office. Glad to see someone still has their back. I do believe in the draft team front office not named Jones.

Macnalty

Reaction score
If Parsons would have played to his potential (based on his trajectory, and progress from his sophomore year) last year at Penn State, rather than opting out, more than a likely he would have been a top-five pick (if he elected to enter the draft) in the 2021 draft.
More than likely out of the reach of the Cowboys selection.

Sometimes, your prayers are answered by the draft Gods on draft day.
I agree this pick is eerily similar to the Martin pick which turned into a windfall, and I still believe the Lamb pick will be of equal and similar quality.

reddyuta

Reaction score

i have no problem if he plays all oveR but he should be a LB for us..

Jarntt

Reaction score
1. Pass rushing potential- I thought Parsons was the best defensive player in the draft. But even I didn’t see his potential as a pass rusher. I could see the potential as a blitzer. But I didn’t envision what we’ve seen so far. I see a skill set that can really be developed.

2. Intelligence- The character concerns are what we heard about. No one talks about how smart this kid is. His ability to absorb all that has been thrown at him is impressive. Very few rookies are asked to do what he’s done and excel. This ability is going to serve him well going forward.

3.Motor- He wasn’t considered lazy but no one called him relentless. And that’s what he is. When you have elite talent, intelligence, and motor you generally get a special player

Some laughed when it was said this is a kid that you can build a defense around. Not so much laughing now. You don’t get this talent often. Hope we don’t waste it.
On your first point, the first thing the team said when they drafted him was that they thought he was the best pass rusher in the draft.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Think you're wrong there. These qualities were always there, however, some brushed over them when they insisted that we should sign an OT or Pitts.