3 things that folks missed about Parsons

Batman1980

Reaction score
Think you're wrong there. These qualities were always there, however, some brushed over them when they insisted that we should sign an OT or Pitts.

I never wanted Pitts. We have a good TE tandem in Jarwin and Schultz, Pitts would've been a luxury pick and not one worth getting with so many holes on defense.

Aftershock

Reaction score
He has the rare combination of tackling ability like Wagner, the pass rushing of Mack, and the tenacity of Ray Lewis all in one, albeit slightly lesser of each of those

and he is the fastest lb in the league, dudes 40 speed was on par with cornerbacks and wide receivers. Let that sink in ;)

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I don't think we missed any of those things about Parsons. The OP is making stuff up.
How full of it you are. The dude that created what if scenarios about this kid getting injured. You are an absolute fraud. Everyone here knows it. Then started complaining about being harassed when people called you out.

conner01

Reaction score
Teams WILL game plan for him, and they WILL gain ground, but some of that gain will be negated by his growth as a player, and he will create opportunity for others to succeed.
Move him around once everyone is healthy
Makes game planning for him a bit harder
But the more they focus on him the easier it is for the other guys
OSA might just make them regret that game plan

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Think you're wrong there. These qualities were always there, however, some brushed over them when they insisted that we should sign an OT or Pitts.
The qualities and talent were there but the intangibles were missed IMO. We got lucky that he fell right into our laps.

Hardline

Reaction score
I didn't miss out on any three of those things. I knew it before he was drafted.

conner01

Reaction score
His speed is unmatched on the edge
The kid has CB speed with a big LB body

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m excited too. But it’s been 3 games. Opposing OCs are gaining more film on him. His opportunity at greatness lies ahead when the adjustments come. I believe he’s up to it. But teams are going to start game planning him like we haven’t seen yet. Can’t wait to see how he responds.

All they can do is put more people on him which will make everyone better.

They should be the ones worried about him adjusting.

He’s too fast, powerful, and his motor is running hot.

I know a lot of people still question the defense but right now as long as Parsons is attacking QBs I have faith in this defense.

kskboys

Reaction score
1. Pass rushing potential- I thought Parsons was the best defensive player in the draft. But even I didn’t see his potential as a pass rusher. I could see the potential as a blitzer. But I didn’t envision what we’ve seen so far. I see a skill set that can really be developed.

2. Intelligence- The character concerns are what we heard about. No one talks about how smart this kid is. His ability to absorb all that has been thrown at him is impressive. Very few rookies are asked to do what he’s done and excel. This ability is going to serve him well going forward.

3.Motor- He wasn’t considered lazy but no one called him relentless. And that’s what he is. When you have elite talent, intelligence, and motor you generally get a special player

Some laughed when it was said this is a kid that you can build a defense around. Not so much laughing now. You don’t get this talent often. Hope we don’t waste it.
None of this was true. This was all over his scouting reports. The people who were down on him were reaching trying to find negatives, and it was blatantly rididculous. Parsons should've been picked in the 2-5 range.

Pass rushing, motor, instincts, this kid is loaded. The only question was coverage, and that was only a question because he didn't do it. The skills to cover are present.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'll give you the pass rush one but I definitely noticed the motor and intelligence. He's also better in coverage than I anticipated but obviously hasn't been asked to do that since the Tampa game.
Pass rushing was considered a major strength of his.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Its not like Parson was drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round.
He was picked 12th overall and 4 QBs were taken ahead of him.

Miami taking Waddle at 6th overall when they lucrative offers to trade down, seemed like a bad move.

DanA

Reaction score
Pass rushing was considered a major strength of his.

I knew he was an edge rusher in high school and thought he could be elite rushing the passer for an off-ball linebacker. But right now he looks like a double digit sack guy playing as a hand in the dirt edge rusher beating up one on one against OT's like Lane Johnson. I was not expecting that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
1. Pass rushing potential- I thought Parsons was the best defensive player in the draft. But even I didn’t see his potential as a pass rusher. I could see the potential as a blitzer. But I didn’t envision what we’ve seen so far. I see a skill set that can really be developed.

2. Intelligence- The character concerns are what we heard about. No one talks about how smart this kid is. His ability to absorb all that has been thrown at him is impressive. Very few rookies are asked to do what he’s done and excel. This ability is going to serve him well going forward.

3.Motor- He wasn’t considered lazy but no one called him relentless. And that’s what he is. When you have elite talent, intelligence, and motor you generally get a special player

Some laughed when it was said this is a kid that you can build a defense around. Not so much laughing now. You don’t get this talent often. Hope we don’t waste it.
I missed nothing, i was one of the few draft day before we picked him that only had the 2 comers and Parsons as a top 1st round choices and when he fell to us said this was no consolation prize he had generational talent written all over him even before ewe have seen more of what he could do..
he slipped because he opted out of 202o and like other players like Jamar chase they simply dropped because fans, coaches, and media forgot about hem,..they both were top 10 even top 5 talents and dropped a bit as seen and not heard happened.

look now in 2021 the opt out players from last season are doing better then the players taken above them....we are lucky to have Parsons and the fact we got him and an extra 3rd rounder for our patience..well that is a steal..im glad the draft worked out tis way hes more of a difference maker then either CB could have regardless of how they all work out..

the entire premise dont take LB that high or this guy is locker room cancer, hasnt played enough football, is raw..immature etc. etc.

Parsons says hello.:welcome:hes serving up Texas BBQ Crow with side of face egg for dinner..:laugh:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
How full of it you are. The dude that created what if scenarios about this kid getting injured. You are an absolute fraud. Everyone here knows it. Then started complaining about being harassed when people called you out.
That jerk dogged Parsons all off-season and pre-season saying things like he's not going to be a starter, we're all going to be disappointed and he's going to unleash the I-told-you-so's all over us.

Now he's in lock-step on the Parsons' Parade in no time at all and talking like he knew things.

What a dip.
Oh yeah, he also swore up and down the team was going to be 0-3 at this point and was going to unleash some more I-T-Y-S's on us poor plebes.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I knew he was an edge rusher in high school and thought he could be elite rushing the passer for an off-ball linebacker. But right now he looks like a double digit sack guy playing as a hand in the dirt edge rusher beating up one on one against OT's like Lane Johnson. I was not expecting that.
That’s my point. There was talk about him developing as a pass rusher. But no one knew that he would be this good this fast. Facing double teams on occasion. And the motor is elite. I saw a bit of it in college but nothing like we’ve seen thus far.

kskboys

Reaction score
Its not like Parson was drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round.
He was picked 12th overall and 4 QBs were taken ahead of him.

Miami taking Waddle at 6th overall when they lucrative offers to trade down, seemed like a bad move.
Taking decent CB prospects over him was ludicrous.

I honestly think that way too many people get their info from the TV and not enough from reading. And they forget that talking heads are often told to take a certain stance and support it. They don't necessarily believe what they are saying.

Look at this stuff: "Ease of movement is obvious on tape w/ Parsons showing Gumby-like core flexibility, the lateral agility and balance of a ballerina, as well as stop/start and redirect explosiveness and terrific straight-line speed. Size speed and instincts combo projects well to all 3 traditional LB roles, providing his future NFL team w/ all sorts of positional flexibility. Complements his athleticism w/ stellar instincts, beating backs to the holes and sniffing out screens and other misdirection plays to rack up tackles behind the LOS. Dangerous edge rusher, showing terrific initial quickness and bend to dip, duck, and deke his way past the bigger slower blockers.

Pairs his upper and lower body beautifully, sliding laterally while forcibly ripping his way through the reach of would-be blockers w/ his long arms and strong, active hands. Rips through would-be blocks like a tornado, putting on a clinic when it comes to disengaging w/o sacrificing yardage. Generates knockdown power w/ only a few steps and uses his long arms to simply engulf ball carriers.

Isn't asked to drop back into coverage much, but shows comfort and ease of movement when doing so, generating excellent depth on his drops and bounding out of his breaks while keeping track of the ball."

All of the items in question were already known about him. It was the idiotic TV guys trying desperately to find negatives, when basically he doesn't have any.

kskboys

Reaction score
Check out his scouting report I just posted.