38 is the weak link on defense

I need 6

Reaction score
Dude, you have lost your mind. Learn to watch film.

1) Woods walked down in the box to cover Bell. Why you ask? because the Linebackers couldn't do their job. This is the same formation that Dallas walked down on before. Guess, what. The Jets audible double 9s.
2) Jeff Heath had to shade the side of the field with double Wrs. The safety (38) also had to watch any underneath crossing route that Jaylon did not pick-up.
3) Chido knew he was on an island against a faster receiver. But wait it gets better, play-action.....then.......double move, Chido bites , the play is over at this point, remember the island.
4) the Jets throw to the side 38 is not on and toward the middle of the field down the seam
5) Idiot fans can't break down plays and just say random nonsense on the forum
6) 38 breaks to the ball, not a bad angle, just trying to clean-up after Chido craps the bed.
This is all on Chido, and the D-line for not hitting the QB.

If the D-line and LBers would do their Jobs, then Heath and Woods would not have to clean up there crap.

Jaylon should be benched, he looks like garbage. Heath has outplayed Jaylon thus far.

You sound silly. If Woods walked down in the box then the responsibility of the other safety is to remain deeper than the deepest period.
Number 6 - "not a bad angle" is a joke!!! You can't be honest with anyone else unless you are first honest with yourself. I won't waste another second entertaining ignorance.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
You sound silly. If Woods walked down in the box then the responsibility of the other safety is to remain deeper than the deepest period.
Number 6 - "not a bad angle" is a joke!!! You can't be honest with anyone else unless you are first honest with yourself. I won't waste another second entertaining ignorance.
Not a bad angle? Have you ever watched film? Did you watch this play? What other possible angle could he take? Idiot

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I personally would love to see an upgrade at the position but I think the scheme doesn’t help.
Personal wise, I think the better question is why can’t we find a place for jourdin lewis on this defense.
Exactly. Seems that Lewis has played pretty well every opportunity he is able to get on the field. He’s by far our best tackler in the secondary and has a knack for playing the ball and not just the WR. Richard and Marinade are morons for not getting him on the field more.

Praxit

Reaction score
..lets just say our safety's bite the big one. Put them on the market and teams would treat them like the plague.. bwahahahahaaa.....

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
..lets just say our safety's bite the big one. Put them on the market and teams would treat them like the plague.. bwahahahahaaa.....
Oh no! You didn’t just go there. Jason Garrett alone will be well sought after in the NFL and college ranks!

Honestly, I believe Garrett would sell well in the college ranks.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Yep he sure is. Along with DT's. An overpaid DE that hasn't shown up yet. As well as a CB I hope they DON'T resign..

All, good, this will be fixed and upgraded in the offseason..

Oh wait. We're talking Cowboys here. Nevermind. Rinse and repeat. Nothing wrong here.

CB61

Reaction score
Did anyone see our captain #38 on the 90 plus yard touchdown to Robbie Anderson?
This play perfectly summarizes his tenure as our starting strong safety. In key situations our opponents know that they can attack our strong safety at any time. Anybody who continues to defend this scrub is just a joke.
I believe Donovan Wilson deserves a shot at it at least he would be on-the-job training and definitely has more speed than Heath I could live with him getting burnt while he learns at least he'll give an effort

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Ridiculous to blame Jeff Heath for the failures of this defense. Just plain silly. Start with the highest paid players and work your way down.

We've had threads on other players on this D.

starfan1

Reaction score
I believe Donovan Wilson deserves a shot at it at least he would be on-the-job training and definitely has more speed than Heath I could live with him getting burnt while he learns at least he'll give an effort
I agree with you even though i dont think Heath is the weak link. Hes not an all pro but there are bigger issues on D than him IMO

foofighters

Reaction score
Did anyone see our captain #38 on the 90 plus yard touchdown to Robbie Anderson?
This play perfectly summarizes his tenure as our starting strong safety. In key situations our opponents know that they can attack our strong safety at any time. Anybody who continues to defend this scrub is just a joke.
Awuzie has been bad. What about DLaw? Heath isn't the greatest safety but at least he's consistent. Yes, consistently just below average but at least he'll make a play every now and then. When was the last time DLaw made a play?

eromeopolk

Reaction score
You can not play Seahawk Single High safety defense with UDFA Heath pretending to be 1st round, All Pro, Earl Thomas. Not making the Fitzpatrick trade and giving up Taco Charlton for free is Dumbo GM Jerry Jones at his best. Taco is .5 sacks behind Demarcus Lawrence and 4 tackles better in 3 less games. Jocks and Socks GM Jerry Jones did not make the right GM decision.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The tight end was murdering 38 all game to keep the chains moving.

Wrong.

The Jets TEs had a total of 3 catches.

1 catch was on the side of the field away from Heath and Heath had no involvement in that play.

1 catch was with LVE covering the TE and Heath came in to finish the tackle.

1 catch was with Heath in coverage.

The 92 yard pass to the WR Anderson was the fault of CB Awuzie.

It's questionable if Heath had any chance to get to the WR.

On the broadcast view it appeared he had a chance but the High End Zone Camera view from the coaches film makes it appear unlikely that he could get there even with a deeper angle. A deep angle would mean he has more distance to travel but he would be behind the WR instead of in front of him.

The top rule with in the Cowboys scheme for the CBs in that coverage is to not let the receiver run after the catch. The scheme concedes that some deep passes will get completed but the CB must be able to make the tackle.

Awuzie was playing the boundary CB position as they call it in college. The side of the field with 1 receiver. The Cowboys have been cheating the deep Safety over towards the side of the field with 2 receivers. In college they would call Byron Jones the field CB on that play.

The other big plays that Awuzie has given up were also with him as the boundary CB and the Safety (not Heath) could not get there but at least Awuzie was able to make the tackle on those plays.

The other question is why was Heath the deep Safety? Woods is the FS but they sometimes flip them high/lo. One reason they flip them is when they play base with 3 LBs against 3 WR sets, they move Woods down to play like a CB because they don't have a slot CB with 3 LBs. That was not the case on the 92 yard play. They were in Nickel against 3 WRs.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wrong.

In the Cowboys coverage scheme Awuzie must stay behind the WR even if he allows the catch.

They don't play the deep Safety that deep on any plays.

The poster you responded to gave an accurate and detailed description of the play.

You could learn something if you listened to him.