4 Reasons the Cowboys Should Sign DeMarco Murray

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'm actually not as against this as most here. If we signed him, I think he could do a lot for us.

But Murray has stated he really doesn't want to come back here and I wouldn't be surprised if he retires.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Murray hasn't been Murray since 2014 and he'd be nothing but a progress stopper at this point in his career.

Murray just had a damn good year in 2016. 1,600 total yards and 12 TDs is better than anything he did pre-2014.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Very likely. But the Saints called him for a workout and he declined. That says to me that he still views himself as a starter.

Pride cometh before the fall.
That wasn't all that smart really. The Saints are one of the few places that would have assured him a featured if not starting role due to Ingram's suspension. He would have had a guaranteed spot on the opening day roster as well since they would need him for the first four games.

Big_D

Reaction score
That wasn't all that smart really. The Saints are one of the few places that would have assured him a featured if not starting role due to Ingram's suspension. He would have had a guaranteed spot on the opening day roster as well since they would need him for the first four games.

Why would he want to just be a 4 game rental then get tossed to the curb? This doesn't mean he thinks he's getting 20 carries. Means he wants to sign with a team and play a full 16 .. or more. If you're a free agent you're looking for at least the season not just the first month then figuring it all out again. And he's certainly not beating out Ingram or Kamara nor will there be some ridiculous 3 headed monster come October. Ingram comes back and he's gone. That's the reality. A great offense and a solid workload for the month, but that's it. I don't blame him for thinking he can get more than that.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Doesn't make sense to bring him back at this point. I like the guys that we have. And if we didn't bring back Alfred morris who averaged more yards per carry than Murray did 4.8 vs 3.6, both having nice offensive lines from what I recall, I don't see a reason to bring him back.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
He signed with the Eagles. He can take eating advice from ZEKE Cole Beasley as far as I’m concerned.
Edited it for you.
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Murray planning on playing special teams? Because Smith does. He logged over 250 special teams snaps last year.

Murray is a guy who will command too much money to be a backup and likely won’t play special teams.

And your point on Sproles is misguided. Sproles, at his age survives because he has never really taken consistent punishment as a full time TB.

Pretty sure Bo Scarbourough could handle that, you need to remember that Smith was 3rd string RB behind Morris and sometimes played FB only when Elliot was out was he the backup

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Some of our fans would've loved George Allen's Over the Hill Gang - a bunch of 30-somethings with familiar names, whose best years are behind them.

visionary

Reaction score
:laugh: I'm by no means an expert in judgment of the varying levels & degrees of stupidity, YET when a self proclaimed &appointed master in that particular field of endeavor references the owner( along with his chosen general staff) of the #1 rated sports franchise in the world in terms of monetary value as " stupid,idiotic, buffoon or bumpkin " well, FRIEND my level of expertise in the subject matter exponentially surpasses and easily shadows those of the limited conceptual wherewithal in deeming what is & what isn't ,"poor form ol' boy,poor form ,indeed",,,o_O

* bro! You just came across as if not a little vindictive, then a whole Lotta mean spirited ,as to the way I'd initially read it and I like PLASTICMAN,,,and don't like it when it seems he's gettin' kicked on&dog piled,,,oh-ya, one more thing, yer' fortunate I had my casing-liner in neutral & at a low rev as I kinda like you,TOO!:lmao:

Well, friend, I kind of like you too but I do hope you understand the difference between the monetary value of a franchise to the owner and the piss poor performance of said team over a period of 2 decades under the leadership of said owner. The monetary value of the franchise does not impact me as a fan but the play on the field and the pathetic post season performance directly impacts me as a fan. So I do hope you will excuse me when I take exception with people who continue to blindly defend this moronic owner because I'm a fan

At this point no real fan of the cowboys with a shred of sense should defend the Joneses or the Garretts as they are directly responsible

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm not clinging to past glory, I realize DeMarco isn't the same guy he was in 2014. He doesn't have to be in order to impact the team in a very positive way.

I believe that DeMarco would maximize everything he has left if he were to become a Cowboy again.
The team's goal is not to maximize what DeMarco has left, but you've got a point that he's a very good fit for the offense.

On the plus side, he's probably better all around than Rod Smith.
On the down side, Smith is cheaper, and plays special teams.

If Zeke gets injured, it's Rod Smith and nobodies. Even ignoring injuries, I'd like to have a better player to taking some of the load. A running team should want more.

One drawback is I'm just not sure that Murray really has much left in the tank. Maybe he's not much better than Smith. But I think I'd like an upgrade to Smith.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I think it is hilarious that people have made Bo Scarborough some battering ram that will light it up in the pros. Or that Darius Jackson is more talented than Murray. The only reason not to consider Murray is the cost and whether he would accept a role where he would touch the ball most likely about 5 times a game. I think as someone else said he is likely to sit back and wait for the first RB injury to hit and then sign with someone.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Well, friend, I kind of like you too but I do hope you understand the difference between the monetary value of a franchise to the owner and the piss poor performance of said team over a period of 2 decades under the leadership of said owner. The monetary value of the franchise does not impact me as a fan but the play on the field and the pathetic post season performance directly impacts me as a fan. So I do hope you will excuse me when I take exception with people who continue to blindly defend this moronic owner because I'm a fan

At this point no real fan of the cowboys with a shred of sense should defend the Joneses or the Garretts as they are directly responsible
Then I reckon we're at loggerheads on more than a couple points of contention in our discussion of " poor form " there friend,,,as fer 0ne, not you ,nor any other air sucking self entitled member of grand fandom syndrome should ever,nay,never,grant themselves the mental imbalance of delusion in thinking that their grandiose persona & dreamed of dictates are capable of ruling over how,what&why I should harbour obviously preconceived likes/ dislikes that are of a concercerning nature in the mutually hoped for success of our team ,that we're both pulling for in the same direction,,,*I think:huh:,,,as yer' coming across as a natural born pompous *** hole of an extremely selfish " I,me,me,mine" nature,,,SHEESE! ,,,I'm of a 1000% certainty that were the roles reversed& I'm listening to the CZ forum member fan Jerry Jones bemoaning the stagnant fate of his beloved favorite football franchise & the magic blue star pixy dust of destiny powdered yer' supreme boisterous backside,,,you'd be an owner/ GM of DOUBLE perceived aloofness once you doubled yer' first billion dollars,,, sure as HELL ain't no questions of stupid incompetence when it comes to the current ol' boy sitting the saddle & riding herd over that cash cow,(wbtw) knows those lengthening evening shadows are telling him the end of trail is nigho_O

* JJ is fixin' to conduct offensive operations in the N.F.L. that should prove satisfactory, even to those of unreasonable discernment such as yer' self:rolleyes:

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
There are other RBs on this roster.
I can't wait to see Bo Scarborough in the pre season.
Hopefully he gets to run behind the starting o-line
We have very little in proven talent outside of Rod.

Yeah it'll be fun to watch Darius Jackson and Bo battle it out for that last RB roster spot.