4 Reasons the Cowboys Should Sign DeMarco Murray

visionary

Reaction score
Then I reckon we're at loggerheads on more than a couple points of contention in our discussion of " poor form " there friend,,,as fer 0ne, not you ,nor any other air sucking self entitled member of grand fandom syndrome should ever,nay,never,grant themselves the mental imbalance of delusion in thinking that their grandiose persona & dreamed of dictates are capable of ruling over how,what&why I should harbour obviously preconceived likes/ dislikes that are of a concercerning nature in the mutually hoped for success of our team ,that we're both pulling for in the same direction,,,*I think:huh:,,,as yer' coming across as a natural born pompous *** hole of an extremely selfish " I,me,me,mine" nature,,,SHEESE! ,,,I'm of a 1000% certainty that were the roles reversed& I'm listening to the CZ forum member fan Jerry Jones bemoaning the stagnant fate of his beloved favorite football franchise & the magic blue star pixy dust of destiny powdered yer' supreme boisterous backside,,,you'd be an owner/ GM of DOUBLE perceived aloofness once you doubled yer' first billion dollars,,, sure as HELL ain't no questions of stupid incompetence when it comes to the current ol' boy sitting the saddle & riding herd over that cash cow,(wbtw) knows those lengthening evening shadows are telling him the end of trail is nigho_O

* JJ is fixin' to conduct offensive operations in the N.F.L. that should prove satisfactory, even to those of unreasonable discernment such as yer' self:rolleyes:

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

Good to know buddy
This way I'll know not to expect any sensible, rational thinking from you :thumbup:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Welcome him back with open arms if you care to.

But Murray reportedly turned down a better paying offer from OAK in order to play for the Eagles, IIRC. Which would turn your own argument against you, if true. I believe DeMarco was the one who reported it.

And I 100% trash any Cowboy who takes less to play for a division rival if by ‘trashing’ we’re talking about not wanting him back in Dallas.

IIRC is not evidence. Bring a source to the party.

plasticman

Reaction score
I have to wonder, what is wrong with us? Serious!!!!

We have been absolutely gifted with some ridiculous players in the mid rounds and instead of capitalizing, we criticize. Then, when these players rise to the top of the NFL, we don't want to keep them, we minimize the outrageous numbers they produce.

DeMarco and Dak set NFL records, serious NFL records that stood for up to half a century. DeMarco started out with a no name offensive line and ended up breaking Jim Browns record for consecutive 100 yard games. Jim "Freakin'" Brown!

And when this former 3rd rounder's contract year comes?.....Uh....Nah....any RB could have done that, no big deal. Besides, we got Klepto Joe!

We get Dak Prescott in the *** 4th round and he immediately sets an NFL record for pass attempts without his first INT while reeling off 11 consecutive wins.He brings the team back from an 18 point deficit and is one Aaron Rodgers pass away from an NFC championship game but....gosh....I don't know....... he kind of back pedaled in his 2nd season.

Are we all on acid? There was no place to go but down, how do you get better than that, 100% completion rate and an undefeated season?

Do we even deserve another Super Bowl?

What if last season was Dak's first year as a starter? We would be giddy, we couldn't wait for this season to start. Are you kidding me? Tony Romo retires and we get a 2nd year 4th rounder to start at QB and have a winning season? Dak didn't embarrass us, yay!!!

So what if Dalton Schultz, our 4th rounder,shocks the world with a rookie record season for TE's.What do we do, trade him next postseason for a backup LB?

Murray is smart, hard working,and I would love to right a wrong and bring him along for the ride this coming season.I would love to see both him and Zeke go wild in next year's Super Bowl. He's a perfect fit and I know he would be willing to take the 2nd chair if it were the Cowboys.He's only 30! Last year's Super Bowl champ had a starting RB that was 31 years old. Otis Anderson was 34 years old when he ran for over a 100 yards in the Super Bowl.The Cowboys play Murray the perfect number of plays and keep him fresh for the playoff and we get the best one two punch since Calvin Hill and Duane Thomas in the run to Super Bowl 6.

I know success is strange, alien, and scary but let's give it a shot, who knows, we might even enjoy it!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That wasn't all that smart really. The Saints are one of the few places that would have assured him a featured if not starting role due to Ingram's suspension. He would have had a guaranteed spot on the opening day roster as well since they would need him for the first four games.

I agree. I see a guy who’s overvaluing his market and letting ego override wisdom.

losersgetcute

Reaction score
I'm not clinging to past glory, I realize DeMarco isn't the same guy he was in 2014. He doesn't have to be in order to impact the team in a very positive way.

I believe that DeMarco would maximize everything he has left if he were to become a Cowboy again.Most fans believed he was done after the Eagles season but he returned to Pro Bowl stature the following season with 1664 total yards.In fact, DeMarco is Ranked 8th in yards from scrimmage and 9th in scoring over the past two seasons combined.I don't see the drop off despite the fact that he played hurt last season.

Here is 4 ways that DeMarco could make a difference:

1. Cowboy Offensive Line - He Knows These Guys

Know them? Why, he practically raised them! In 2012, DeMarco ran behind an offensive line in which all five starters had never played their particular position in the NFL. Free and Smith had been rotated at the tackle position,Nate Livings, Ryan Cook and Mackenzy Bernadeau started the interior of the line. Murray got beat up that year but the following year they added Fredericks and he received his first Pro Bowl selection. In 2014 they picked up Zack Martin and they both,along with Fredericks and Tyron Smith, received 1st Team All Pro honors during Murray's record breaking season.

Even though he may have struggled elsewhere at time, he should feel far more comfortable with an offensive line that grew up during his years as a Cowboy. Does anyone really see another current Cowboy back capable of replacing Zeke in a short term situation?

2. This Is a Running Team, Remember?

A truly dominant running team always has more than one quality RB, they typically have a second guy capable of starting on a lot of teams and is more than just a change of pace guy that spells the starter for a few downs.When Zeke goes out the already fatigued defense must now face a second assault by a well rested veteran ex-Pro Bowler.Again, Murray doesn't have to have the same skill set but the added experience and familiarity with his team could create additional opportunities for the Cowboys to dominate on the ground

3. DeMarco is an Excellent Receiver

Let's face it. Most of us predict a drop off in the contributions from TE in the passing game. Are those extra receptions coming from a seemingly unimpressive WR corp.? Doubtful. I believe that one of the ongoing strategies of the Cowboys is to develop the receiving skill of Elliot in order to increase his contribution in the passing game.Zeke is a great receiver and so is DeMarco. The Cowboys wouldn't be sacrificing that skill set with Zeke off the field and it is rather imperative that they don't considering Dak's other alternatives.The RB's will be his emergency option in the same way Emmitt Smith and Daryl Johnston was for Aikman.I wouldn't be surprised to see a few special plays with them both in the lineup.

4.The Right Kind of Guy-Good Locker Room Presence

It would be a shock to hear DeMarco's name in an off field incidence.That is far different than the guy the Cowboys went with instead of resigning him.He also adds maturity and this could be a positive influence on the younger players,in particular,his running mate,Ezekiel Elliot.
I personally think Zeke is great but he's not as good as Murray, the line peaked as he came in as a rookie so he looked really good. He could easily get hurt(I hope not) and Bo Scarborough comes in and makes it a controversy...Bo is a whole other kind of big dude...imagine having Zeke, Murray, Tavon, and Bo...they could run the wishbone.

cern

Reaction score
I think zeke's vastly superior to Murray. He's faster. He can't be run down from behind. He doesn't run out of gas like Murray did on long runs. He blocks as well as Murray. He's a better receiver than Murray. Murray ran tacklers over. Zeke does the same but also has some slick moves. Just say no to Murray. I forgot. Zeke doesn't fumble as often as Murray did.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
2 reasons not to sign him. We do not need him and he dissed the team

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I think zeke's vastly superior to Murray. He's faster. He can't be run down from behind. He doesn't run out of gas like Murray did on long runs. He blocks as well as Murray. He's a better receiver than Murray. Murray ran tacklers over. Zeke does the same but also has some slick moves. Just say no to Murray. I forgot. Zeke doesn't fumble as often as Murray did.
In Witten's own words Zeke is the real deal

glimmerman

Reaction score
That fumble in the playoff game when we had great control of the game.

Sydla

Reaction score

We have been absolutely gifted with some ridiculous players in the mid rounds and instead of capitalizing, we criticize. Then, when these players rise to the top of the NFL, we don't want to keep them, we minimize the outrageous numbers they produce.

DeMarco and Dak set NFL records, serious NFL records that stood for up to half a century. DeMarco started out with a no name offensive line and ended up breaking Jim Browns record for consecutive 100 yard games. Jim "Freakin'" Brown!

And when this former 3rd rounder's contract year comes?.....Uh....Nah....any RB could have done that, no big deal. Besides, we got Klepto Joe!

We get Dak Prescott in the *** 4th round and he immediately sets an NFL record for pass attempts without his first INT while reeling off 11 consecutive wins.He brings the team back from an 18 point deficit and is one Aaron Rodgers pass away from an NFC championship game but....gosh....I don't know....... he kind of back pedaled in his 2nd season.

Are we all on acid? There was no place to go but down, how do you get better than that, 100% completion rate and an undefeated season?

Do we even deserve another Super Bowl?

What if last season was Dak's first year as a starter? We would be giddy, we couldn't wait for this season to start. Are you kidding me? Tony Romo retires and we get a 2nd year 4th rounder to start at QB and have a winning season? Dak didn't embarrass us, yay!!!

So what if Dalton Schultz, our 4th rounder,shocks the world with a rookie record season for TE's.What do we do, trade him next postseason for a backup LB?

Murray is smart, hard working,and I would love to right a wrong and bring him along for the ride this coming season.I would love to see both him and Zeke go wild in next year's Super Bowl. He's a perfect fit and I know he would be willing to take the 2nd chair if it were the Cowboys.He's only 30! Last year's Super Bowl champ had a starting RB that was 31 years old. Otis Anderson was 34 years old when he ran for over a 100 yards in the Super Bowl.The Cowboys play Murray the perfect number of plays and keep him fresh for the playoff and we get the best one two punch since Calvin Hill and Duane Thomas in the run to Super Bowl 6.

I know success is strange, alien, and scary but let's give it a shot, who knows, we might even enjoy it!

It seems that really what's at play here isn't bringing in a vet TB but rather, you are still hurt over the fact the Cowboys made a wise business decision and didn't pay him elite TB money.

Murray is most definitely not the difference between this team being good and not good, either.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

Dak is our quarterback and I'm hoping he will be our franchise quarterback. I have to be a realist here though, since there are cases where teams figure out a quarterback. Like mentioned before, the concerns with Dak are in his deep game, and I'm going to be watching to see how his progress in training camp is in that area, and then preseason, and then regular season. How good the Cowboys do this seasons, to me, depends on if Dak can fix his deep game this offseason.

DeMarco murray isn't the same player that left us for the Eagles. So again the realist in me speaking, why would you get him over say Alfred Morris who we had and let go? I could be wrong, but running back wasn't a concern for me going into the season, compared to other spots.

Sydla

Reaction score
I personally think Zeke is great but he's not as good as Murray, the line peaked as he came in as a rookie so he looked really good. He could easily get hurt(I hope not) and Bo Scarborough comes in and makes it a controversy...Bo is a whole other kind of big dude...imagine having Zeke, Murray, Tavon, and Bo...they could run the wishbone.

So basically Zeke might be the third best TB on our roster behind Murray (if we sign him) and Scarborough?

LOL.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

XD Even if you think that Murray was a better player in his prime than Zeke in his prime, can you really say that Murray is a better player out of his prime than Zeke still in his prime? If Murray is that good, why didn't the Titans do everything to keep him. Why did they cut him?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IIRC is not evidence. Bring a source to the party.

I was trying to let you take your L with dignity, becaus I like you. But when I say “if I recall correctly,” just assume I’m gonna recall correctly, because I’m good like that.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...rray-passes-up-raiders-signs-with-eagles/amp/

plasticman

Reaction score
It seems that really what's at play here isn't bringing in a vet TB but rather, you are still hurt over the fact the Cowboys made a wise business decision and didn't pay him elite TB money.

Murray is most definitely not the difference between this team being good and not good, either.
Yeah, you got me.

I don't care if the Cowboys go 0-16 just so long as I get to see DeMarco in a Cowboy uniform again.It's far more important that I be hailed as an internet NFL guru. I really don't mind the bleak, dark existence of 4th place in the division.

By the way,what were those reasons for not signing him to a sensible contract again? I mean the logical ones, the ones for which I have yet to list the numerous counter examples.

Every season some 6th round back comes in with "potential" to "contribute". And yet, every single time,if the Cowboys have found a great RB, he has revealed himself almost immediately. After three games, the Cowboys either have something special or the two yard special teamer du' jour.