4 reasons why Romo being out makes me giddy

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Bottom line: with the Cowboys' awful defense, their best chance to win Sunday is to survive a shootout.

And without Romo, the chances of doing so drop considerably. The ONLY silver lining is the media won't be able to pile on him this time.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
1. The eagles defense has no idea what to expect from Orton

2. All the pressure now is on the Eagles since they will be heavily favored due to no Romo

3. We no longer have any pressure to win this game due to Romo being out

4. Been watching the NFL long enough to know when a star player goes down like this, the team comes together and plays well and usually wins

Anyone else feeling good right now that we are playing with House money??? This is the best thing that could have happened to us

I LOVE playing with house money, but I don't that is what's happening in this situation.

I am cautiously optimistic that Orton can actually get the job done- but there is no way, no way I am putting money on it.

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score
Come on guys.

We get a Boom , a Zang, a zingabanalooma , Plus a boom boom bam, and another big bam boom.

And we got this.......

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
1. The eagles defense has no idea what to expect from Orton

2. All the pressure now is on the Eagles since they will be heavily favored due to no Romo

3. We no longer have any pressure to win this game due to Romo being out

4. Been watching the NFL long enough to know when a star player goes down like this, the team comes together and plays well and usually wins

Anyone else feeling good right now that we are playing with House money??? This is the best thing that could have happened to us

Finally someone who remains positive! That simply cannot be overstated here on the Zone. Too many naysayers and too many negatives to count. The Eagles having scored all those points against the Bears on Sunday and facing our depleted defense seems like a cakewalk for the Eagles this Sunday but it could very well indeed be a trap game instead. If Kiffen can dial up the right defenses and everyone rises up to the occasion and simply does their jobs and we can control the clock by running and passing when needed the Cowboys can win this thing. It will be a dog fight as any NFC East battles truly always are but one in which we can very well win in the face of all odds. I hope the Eagles think they have this game in the bag, lock, stock and barrel. Props to the OP!

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
I will be sure to bump this come gameday when its mid 3rd Quarter and the Eagles have already emptied the bench.

Romo is special.......................Orton is freaking Orton and has not taken a snap in over 2 seasons...................the idea that a player that has been riding the pine for 2 seasons comes off the bench and drops a 40 burger on anybody is laughable.

And yes.........we are going to need 40+ to win...........Romo could have done that...........Orton cant..............If Orton could ball like that, he would be starting somewhere considering some of the scrub QBs that were playing last Sunday.

The defense is going to play much better now because Romo is out. That is how things work in the NFL when a star player goes down. Do you understand the defense will now feel they have no choice but to step up since Romo is out? So you probably will say..........'well why did it take for Romo to get knocked out for the defense to play better?" Because now the defense feels they owe it to Romo to come out and play good defense. Watch how different the defense looks

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Finally someone who remains positive! That simply cannot be overstated here on the Zone. Too many naysayers and too many negatives to count. The Eagles having scored all those points against the Bears on Sunday and facing our depleted defense seems like a cakewalk for the Eagles this Sunday but it could very well indeed be a trap game instead. If Kiffen can dial up the right defenses and everyone rises up to the occasion and simply does their jobs and we can control the clock by running and passing when needed the Cowboys can win this thing. It will be a dog fight as any NFC East battles truly always are but one in which we can very well win in the face of all odds. I hope the Eagles think they have this game in the bag, lock, stock and barrel. Props to the OP!

That's why I am glad about two things heading into this game

1. Eagles will probably be double digit favorites
2. eagles offense is now over confident after the Bears game

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Oh so you're hoping we lose, what a fan.. smh

Reading comprehension is such a lost art on the Internet.............where the hell did I say in that post that I hope we lose?.................I said Romo is special and Orton has not taken a snap in over 2 seasons.............I said we are going to need 40 plus points to win and that the idea that a backup QB that has not played in over 2 years is going to come off the bench and drop a 40 burger on somebody is not going to happen.

Please point out where I said that I hope we would lose..................................otherwise, you are just making up crap to fit your agenda.

Fredd

Reaction score
I chuckle (sarcastically) when people say things like "with your star out, the rest of the team will up their game..."

bs, if the team has that extra gear and wasn't using it for the first 15 weeks, it is time to clean house and get guys that give the ultimate effort in EACH game....

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No...no I do not feel good about Romo being out. At all.

Garrett better be prepared to call run play after run play because Orton doesn't have the pocket presence, mobility or accuracy of Tony Romo.

Seriously, do some of you even watch the games? Tony accuracy? maybe within five yds.:rolleyes:

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
I chuckle (sarcastically) when people say things like "with your star out, the rest of the team will up their game..."

bs, if the team has that extra gear and wasn't using it for the first 15 weeks, it is time to clean house and get guys that give the ultimate effort in EACH game....

It's human nature for everyone to come together when the leader of the team goes down.

Fredd

Reaction score
It's human nature for everyone to come together when the leader of the team goes down.

that's just it...I liken it to running a race...if you hold out for the final sprint, sometimes, you are too far behind for it to matter...if the team has that extra gear, and it shows up in a win this week, I will certainly be happy about it, but then I will be even more frustrated since the coaches can't get that little extra out of them (i.e.: our coaches for the most part, are less than good)

durrrr

Reaction score
The defense is going to play much better now because Romo is out. That is how things work in the NFL when a star player goes down.

1343403767650.gif

khiladi

Reaction score
Guys, here comes the real Callahan offense... Two yard outs all day long...

khiladi

Reaction score
Try and follow me

Since Romo went down right before a big game for the division, that means that everyone else is going to step their game up because they will be hearing all week how we have no shot and that the eagles will win 40-3. So the defense is going to be motivated and the offense is going to be motivated because they will want to prove everyone wrong.

I can't wait until sunday

I think it could go either way. If Philly strikes first and quickly, building up a nice lead, the team could just get deflated and be like, "we had no chance anyway"...

DFWJC

Reaction score
Fwiw, Dallas has been a fairly tough out at home all year.

5-2 at home with the two losses being by 1 and 3 pts.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I do agree that we have no pressure on us anymore. Nobody expects us to win. The team should play loose but you never know with this bunch.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Bottom line: with the Cowboys' awful defense, their best chance to win Sunday is to survive a shootout.

That's what I'm thinking too. Only I hope this will inspire the rest of the team and the defense will rise to the occasion and we'll see a repeat of the game with the Eagles earlier this season.