40 "missed calls" against the Eagles when they "beat" the Cowboys

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's about 'bias'. If the refs are so biased against Dallas they don't make those calls on the last drive and Dallas isn't in position to pull the game out. Or to fail, which ended uo being the case.

The OP made a thread about referee bias, and now this one pops up. The refs aren't biased against Dallas or any other team, they just suck.
So you can't handle the blatant obvious bias being shown on tape? Got it.

It's just 40 non-calls. Not like it was only a handful of non-calls in favor of the Eagles. Just 40.

SMDH

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No its a conjecture based on a biased point of view as a Cowboys fan.

Same as the Eagles fans who say our guy broke their TE's arm on purpose.

Every team deals with the same crappy refs because every teams crappy owners are to cheap to hire full time refs who can be fined for botching plays.

Jerry is one of the main ones who hates the idea of having full time refs.

I love your team first mentality, but pushing this narrative is silly.
40 non-calls is silly calling out?

Not a handful, but 40. You're OK with saying nothing about 40 non-calls?

glimmerman

Reaction score
If the refs wanted to help they could have called the forearm to the head after he was sacked. Second guy comes in at the end after he was pretty much down and hit him directly in the face. Was actually surprised that one was not called. The refs usually call that on every team.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dude the refs tried to give it to the Cowboys at the end. Dak couldn't seize the moment. If the situation would of been reversed I bet Hurts would of seized the moment. Dak just short circuits and can't even throw the ball away.
So your dislike for Dak is so extreme, you are saying those called 3 penalties on the Eagles during the Cowboys last drive were not penalties? Is that what you're saying?

jwitten82

Reaction score
Do you think there were 40 missed calls against the Cowboys like there were for the Eagles? How about 30? Or 20? OK, let's make it 10. We're there 10 missed calls on the Cowboys like the film shows 40 missed calls on the Eagles?

If you can't even find 10 missed calls on the Cowboys, just be quiet.
Bro, everyone in this thread just exposed you

shabazz

Reaction score
I don’t know about the 40 missed presented here by brother @America's Cowboy , but anybody that has watched this NFL cant explain away the years of calls and TIMELY calls against teams like the Cowboys and Raiders to be specific.

Why do we all know in our hearts that when Brady, Rodgers,Eli, and Roethlessberger we’re on game winning drives they almost NEVER got a single penalty to impede that last drive.

Hmmm Kraft, Mara Rooney?

We all have witnessed both Romo and Dak have to gross 120 yards to offset phantom penalties on their game winning drives just to net 70-80 yards…..I’ve seen it. ……and seen it for decades now.

Different coaches and different players but it’s remains consistent

doomsday9084

Reaction score

1st & 10 at PHI 45​

(9:28 - 3rd) R.Dowdle right guard to PHI 27 for 18 yards (J.Bradberry, R.Blankenship). PENALTY on DAL-L.Schoonmaker, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at PHI 40.
For the people who don't want to see penalties all game long. Fine. The video shown in the OP has countless holding calls. On this one, you had a similar, if weaker holding call on Schoonmaker that reversed a huge gain. Effectively a 23 yard penalty.

Took AT LEAST 3 points off the board for Dallas. Maybe 7.

Won the game for Philadelphia.

If the refs are going to no call everything all game long . . . then no call it. If they did, Dallas wins that game too.

Creeper

Reaction score
A lot of the alleged penalties in this video are never called by the refs. But I did see about 6 or 7 that should have been called. The Eagles' false starts are something a lot of teams have complained about. Lane Johnson does it several times a game. I didn;t see it when I watched the game, but there were two plays where the Eagles offensive linemen did not get set for 1 seond before the snap. One play was teh 12 yard TD run on the Eagles first drive. The Eagles snapped the ball before they were set and it clearly caught the Cowboys defense off guard. That play should never have happened. I don't know if it changes the outcome of the game but these are calls the refs have to make.

We are used to the holding on Micah Parsons, but the holding on Hankins was pretty blatant too and in multiple cases had an effect on the result of the play.

The holding call on 86, Schoonmaker on the 18 yard Dowdle run was a joke. That wasn't holding it was actually a good block. The PI call on Gilmore was also laughable.

I don't know for a fact the refs are favoring the Eagles, but the Miami - Eagles game was an atrocious performance by the refs and when one 10 gets 10 penalties and the other 0 you know something isn't right.

But, this could also just be the impompetence of the officiating in the NFL. It has been awful all over the league, not just for or against the Eagles and Cowboys. The NFL has a problem.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
No bias? No favoritism? No double standard? No help by the officials?

Explain these 40 "missed calls" for the Eagles...

Unfortunately there are a lot of missed calls every game. Some we benefit from, others not. Its a problem in the NFL, becauase of how subjective and ambiguous these rules are. As fans we get so focused on what the refs do or don't that it takes away from the game. There were some critical no calls in the final few minutes of last weeks game, which is dissapointing but you can't put yourself in position where the game can be decided by refs.

Jipper

Reaction score
Let's do the same exercise in a few of the other we3ks and see if we can get a baseline for number of expected missed calls.

I'm sure the NFL does this constantly to evaluate

mcmvp

Reaction score
They did that for Philly against Miami, and there was a lot of scrutiny in the media over that. They had to dial it back to more subtle favoritism.
It takes a very special sort of conspiracy theorist to take it to this level… Congrats man, well done

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Not sure. Is there any tape of any missed calls against the Cowboys?
I haven't read through this entire thread but there is. Our is d-line, i think mostly Hankins, is constantly lining up in the neutral zone. It happened multiple times in the last game (and in basically every game). I think they called it once or twice but it happened waaaaay more than that.

shabazz

Reaction score
It takes a very special sort of conspiracy theorist to take it to this level… Congrats man, well done
I’ve seen a conspiracy theory perpetuated by national media last 3 years before it was finally exposed

some are real and some are fake news.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
They were penalized more yards than we were. They were penalized 40% more first downs than we were.

I saw someone post a video about the 45 missed calls on us the Eagles wanted called.

So.....you want a 100 penalty 7 hour game with a final score of 6-3 ?

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Do you think there were 40 missed calls against the Cowboys like there were for the Eagles? How about 30? Or 20? OK, let's make it 10. We're there 10 missed calls on the Cowboys like the film shows 40 missed calls on the Eagles?

If you can't even find 10 missed calls on the Cowboys, just be quiet.
There were 45 missed calls against us

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Again, what calls against Philly on that last drive were bad calls?
All the ones one the last drive were legit.

But there were 45 missed holds, offsides, and interference penalties we co.mitted that weren't called. I saw a video of them.

So we came out ON TOP by 5 missed calls!

Carson

Reaction score
They were penalized more yards than we were. They were penalized 40% more first downs than we were.

I saw someone post a video about the 45 missed calls on us the Eagles wanted called.

So.....you want a 100 penalty 7 hour game with a final score of 6-3 ?
That isn’t the complaint. The 45 calls aren’t what people are saying should be called.

The complaint is you call a holding on Schoonmaker to eliminate a big run, that’s fine. But they show 7-8 more blatant examples the Eagles were to get away with.

The flag on Gilmore was absolutely garbage. The picking up the hands to the face was absolute garbage as well.

Do you not agree the PI on Bradberry was legit? The roughing penalty on Reddick was not legit? Helping a team in the end is calling ticky tack guys like the Schoonmaker holding to negate big plays.