#42 we trade away (plus Dat) for Howard

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQCOWBOY said:
"Some just don't like it when Nors (3rd person, nice...) bears his teeth and bites back!" "Bring It! :shoot3:"
You think that's bad? Wait until the first time that the defense switches from the 3-4 to the 4-3 this season. It's possible that you'll read something like this...

"They're thieves! They're thieves! They're filthy little thieves! Where is it? Where is it? They stole it from us, our precious. Curse them! WE hates them! it's ours it is, and we wants it! We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious. They stole it from us. Sneaky little moderators... er... hobbitses! Wicked, tricksy, false!"

Scary. :eek:

Just kidding, Nors. :)

CalMor

Reaction score
Nors said:
I take it all in stride.

Somtimes I dont see how.:shake:

Nors said:
Would I mind a Ty Law thread in 6 months? No in fact I doubt a day goes by that Ty Law is not thrown at me in irrelevant topics.......

You are right on this one. I do believe some have taken it to a personal level, and from what I have seen, you stick to just being a fan. Like it should be.

Nors said:
Some just don't like it when Nors bears his teeth and bites back!

Its the "can dish it but cant take it" syndrome.;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
I was dead on wrong about Ware over Merriman at #11!

But dead on right about a hybrid DE/OLB and a 3-4 DE in Spears. Canty a throw in was an over the top draft.

Its slow - amazing how some get so mad about reading what they said in the past. I think its funny.

Best was the Miki - my first and last 3-4 defense post
Hos - has some classic epic Howard and 4-3 are done deal classics
I have a Ty Law or 2 post epics

If you don't like the thread delete it or don't read it. This is still America? Canada too.
Nors, this is one of my all time favorite posts from you.

1. You admit you were wrong about Merriman over Ware. I give you credit for being a man and owning up to it.

2. You were right about the hybrid OLB/DE and Spears as you say. Once again, I give you credit.

3. You own up to your Ty Law posts. Credit, credit, credit.

Now, if I could just figure out a way to get you to finally get you to understand my opinions on 3-4 vs. 4-3 and all that surrounds it that seems to upset you so much.

I have tried telling you that I like the 3-4. It doesn't register.

If you are honest you will also find that I was telling you Ware over Merriman would be our pick. I said that even though I was firmly in the Mike Williams hopeful category.

If you check the archives you will also find that myself, Tuna Helper, and scottsp have wanted Spears for 2 years. You will also find that though I wasn't opposed to acquiring Darren Howard, I also quit thinking about it once we drafted Spears.

I have no idea why the idea of acquiring good players upsets you. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I have heard the reported salary demands and trade demands. If there was a chance of Dallas agreeing to those terms I would have been more negative. All I cared about was getting help at DE and Howard could have done that. I'll take Spears over Howard.

If you check the archives you will also find that I was one of the highest on Canty and that we actually had a good discussion on him.

Finally, if you get a chance ask 50Cent who are my top hopes in the 2006 Draft. Mathias Kiwanuka and Ahmad Brooks are a coin flip. I told him a dream draft for me would be Brooks in the 1st and Haloti Ngata in the 2nd. Take a close look Nors. You'll find that I am talking about building a young, hungry 3-4 defense with guys like that.

The only thing you and I really disagree on is who is a better football player Scott Shanle or La'Roi Glover. I firmly believe Glover is a better player and that means we still use the 4-3 too.

I do not like one scheme over the other. I just don't care either way. I just want good personnel on the field. That is my agenda. I don't need a scheme for that.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CalMor said:
Somtimes I dont see how.:shake:

You are right on this one. I do believe some have taken it to a personal level, and from what I have seen, you stick to just being a fan. Like it should be.

Its the "can dish it but cant take it" syndrome.;)

CalMor you had better stop sticking up for Nors or we'll send TrickBlue upstairs again to kick your butt! :)

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Mathias Kiwanuka and Ahmad Brooks are a coin flip. I told him a dream draft for me would be Brooks in the 1st and Haloti Ngata in the 2nd. Take a close look Nors. You'll find that I am talking about building a young, hungry 3-4 defense with guys like that.

I feel betrayed. It used to just be me, you and Mathias, and a bit of KoolAid. Who is this Ahmad Brooks loser and why does he have to be included?

I just don't know you anymore.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
pancake_bunny.jpg

Actually, that looks like a bunny with TWO pancakes on its head...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
I feel betrayed. It used to just be me, you and Mathias, and a bit of KoolAid. Who is this Ahmad Brooks loser and why does he have to be included?

I just don't know you anymore.
I jilted CR.

I still prefer Kiwanuka. :grin:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Local scoop here on Kiwi -

He opted out of draft - not strong enough to make the transition. Deemed more important that he spend a year preparing for rigors and get his strength up. Instead of a fading day one draft pick this year he can position himself into a top 10 pick in 2006.

Canty, Spears better prepared to play now so it all worked out for us. Kiwi will be a good pick for someone next year. I have to believe we are radar on a WR next draft.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
I like kiwi, but there is no way we select him. He isn't that great for a 3-4, and we have canty, spears and ware as our de's (in the 4-3). I don't know who will shoot up the boards, but I suspect we are looking at dt, wr and OL next year.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
Local scoop here on Kiwi -

He opted out of draft - not strong enough to make the transition. Deemed more important that he spend a year preparing for rigors and get his strength up. Instead of a fading day one draft pick this year he can position himself into a top 10 pick in 2006.

Canty, Spears better prepared to play now so it all worked out for us. Kiwi will be a good pick for someone next year. I have to believe we are radar on a WR next draft.

WR, DT, FS.

Right now I see those as being the three big needs.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Tio said:
I like kiwi, but there is no way we select him. He isn't that great for a 3-4, and we have canty, spears and ware as our de's (in the 4-3). I don't know who will shoot up the boards, but I suspect we are looking at dt, wr and OL next year.

Is it wrong to hope all three of them fail so I can have him?!?!

Where'd you all go?

(Note - if you don't get that this is a joke, oh well. But don't archive this or something and blame me later....)

blindzebra

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
WR, DT, FS.

Right now I see those as being the three big needs.

I'd replace FS with ILB. Whatever % of 3-4 we run will get beat up versus the run because we are still too small up the middle.

Ferguson is not big for a NT, Glover is way too small to play it, and Ware is probably the only LB that could take on an offensive lineman and hold his ground.

NT, ILB, WR in whatever order has the best value on draft day.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
I'd replace FS with ILB. Whatever % of 3-4 we run will get beat up versus the run because we are still too small up the middle.

Ferguson is not big for a NT, Glover is way too small to play it, and Ware is probably the only LB that could take on an offensive lineman and hold his ground.

NT, ILB, WR in whatever order has the best value on draft day.

That front 7 was torched last year

Ferguson is a solid 305 NT
Spears will play at 285 - 290 and Canty at 280+
Ware is a 250+LB

Burnett at 240
Shanle will play in 240's

Much bigger and stout up front. Coakley and Al s and the 230 club are phased out and Glover/Carson combo was less than stout anyway.

Change is coming, welcome and GOOD.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Nors said:
That front 7 was torched last year

Ferguson is a solid 305 NT
Spears will play at 285 - 290 and Canty at 280+
Ware is a 250+LB

Burnett at 240
Shanle will play in 240's

Much bigger and stout up front. Coakley and Al s and the 230 club are phased out and Glover/Carson combo was less than stout anyway.

Change is coming, welcome and GOOD.

Your line up and the OFFICIAL WEIGHTS not the Nors weights:

LDE Spears 307, NT Ferguson 305, RDE Canty 279

OLB Burnett 239, ILB Shanle 237, ILB Nguyen 238, OLB Ware 251

Front 7 total weight 1856, weight up the middle 780.

My line up:

LDE Spears 307, DT ferguson 305, DT Glover 282, RDE Ellis 271

OLB Burnett 239, MLB Nguyen 238, OLB Ware 251

Front 7 weight 1893, up the middle 825.

Which is bigger?

Which is more stout up the middle?

Which puts the most pass rushers on the field?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blindzebra said:
Your line up and the OFFICIAL WEIGHTS not the Nors weights:

LDE Spears 307, NT Ferguson 305, RDE Canty 279

OLB Burnett 239, ILB Shanle 237, ILB Nguyen 238, OLB Ware 251

Front 7 total weight 1856, weight up the middle 780.

My line up:

LDE Spears 307, DT ferguson 305, DT Glover 282, RDE Ellis 271

OLB Burnett 239, MLB Nguyen 238, OLB Ware 251

Front 7 weight 1893, up the middle 825.

Which is bigger?

Which is more stout up the middle?

Which puts the most pass rushers on the field?

We still have better personel for a 4-3 defense than we do a 3-4 defense.

And that's the bottom line. :)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

On the nosey...

It's a trade of Shanle for Glover or Ellis.

In the words of Bum Phillips, when discussing Don Shula's abilities, "He can take his'n and be your'n...and he can take your'n and beat his'n"

It would be nice to see Parcells coach to the team's strengths rather than force the personnel into a scheme he's comfortable with.

Time will tell.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

:hammer:

I don't think there is any denying this. That said this is year 1 of what I think is a 2 year transition anyway.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
:hammer:

I don't think there is any denying this. That said this is year 1 of what I think is a 2 year transition anyway.

I bet someone denies it... what do you think? :D