49ers/Eagles/Cowboys HOFer T.O. announces speech location

Dre11

Reaction score
If it was any other person, as you said, they'd be in Canton for the ceremony.
It's not about the HOF process. It's about the brotherhood of elite players he's joining.
But hey, T.O. is T.O., so it's no surprise really. I will say that it's a nice touch, him going
back to his alma-mater.

This action does not come off as a person standing by his beliefs. It comes off as a childish act.
One last temper tantrum to throw by an incredibly talented but still immature former athlete.
But then again, it's T.O. so no surprise there.
If it was any other person, as you said, they'd be in Canton for the ceremony.
It's not about the HOF process. It's about the brotherhood of elite players he's joining.
But hey, T.O. is T.O., so it's no surprise really. I will say that it's a nice touch, him going
back to his alma-mater.

This action does not come off as a person standing by his beliefs. It comes off as a childish act.
One last temper tantrum to throw by an incredibly talented but still immature former athlete.
But then again, it's T.O. so no surprise there.

It is about the the process. If you don’t believe in how it the process work, then why partake in it. It has nothing to do with brotherhood, again why parade around with people that either you don’t like or they don’t like you. Things don’t have to be the way the masses think. That’s the problem with the world today. There is no rule saying he must attend . If anybody else decided to skip other than TO it wouldn’t be an issue . It would be looked at as an act of kindness that they did it at their al mater for free

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Ok, I get why people don't like him. He's a diva and a crybaby. But here's why I like this. It was reported that he's not done with his money (his fault, if true) and that the Hall of Fame thing is quite spendy for the inductees. Given that, why would you want to give any money to the NFL if things are indeed, tight? What's the one thing I dislike more than TO? Goodell and the NFL as a corporation. His "selfish" stand is actually a good thing.
If that is true, I agree, the inductee should not have to have any money for ceremony, nfl should foot the
bill, they have billions to play with.

RoboQB

Reaction score
He doesn't need to be at some lame NFL get together to join his fellow players.

I've been to the old style ceremony. It wasn't lame. Walter Payton was inducted amongst others.
I met him and his son. I met Don Shula, Dan Fouts, Flirted with Randy Cross' wife... she started it.

Yeah, if you're a football fan, it's not lame.

Back to T.O. This is a bad move simply because most people think if it as typical of him.

He's actually a well-spoken man. If he had chosen to show up, for his FANS across the
North American continent (lol, especially Buffalo) he could've given a gracious speech
with a few zingers which he'd easily parlay that into a NFL Network gig making high six figures
a year. Can you imagine T.O. and Michael Irvin doing a players only skit!?! TV Gold.

RoboQB

Reaction score
It is about the the process. If you don’t believe in how it the process work, then why partake in it. It has nothing to do with brotherhood, again why parade around with people that either you don’t like or they don’t like you. Things don’t have to be the way the masses think. That’s the problem with the world today. There is no rule saying he must attend . If anybody else decided to skip other than TO it wouldn’t be an issue . It would be looked at as an act of kindness that they did it at their al mater for free

I literally said it was a nice touch him going to his alma-mater.
Screw the process. The voters aren't the ones on stage. No that's the elite of the elite
welcoming the new guys in. Can you imagine a pic of T.O.. and Joe Namath, for example.
Or T.O. and Jerry Rice... Steve Young... hell, Brett Favre.

Plus, he would get the loudest pop from the fans. He was a great player.

Dre11

Reaction score
I literally said it was a nice touch him going to his alma-mater.
Screw the process. The voters aren't the ones on stage. No that's the elite of the elite
welcoming the new guys in. Can you imagine a pic of T.O.. and Joe Namath, for example.
Or T.O. and Jerry Rice... Steve Young... hell, Brett Favre.

Plus, he would get the loudest pop from the fans. He was a great player.

You said it was a nice touch, and criticized him in the same breath, the process and him being snubbed wrongfully and being denied a first time ballot guy was important to “him”. Him being on stage with those guys isn’t important to him as it is to you and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Dre11

Reaction score
I've been to the old style ceremony. It wasn't lame. Walter Payton was inducted amongst others.
I met him and his son. I met Don Shula, Dan Fouts, Flirted with Randy Cross' wife... she started it.

Back to T.O. This is a bad move simply because most people think if it as typical of him.

He's actually a well-spoken man. If he had chosen to show up, for his FANS across the
North American continent (lol, especially Buffalo) he could've given a gracious speech
with a few zingers which he'd easily parlay that into a NFL Network gig making high six figures
a year. Can you imagine T.O. and Michael Irvin doing a players only skit!?! TV Gold.

You keep saying you and the fans . He rather give it to his fans at Tennessee Chattanooga.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Why is anyone here giving that ingrate any thought. He's completely disrespecting all of the players living and dead that are true HOF'ers. I think the HOF board of governors should call a meeting and since little whining boy doesn't want to come to the hall and be inducted like everyone else has, they should vote and rescind his offer to be inducted into the HOF and go even further and tell him that there will never be another time when his name will ever come up for a vote again and then he'll never have to worry about making the trip to Canton.

Dre11

Reaction score
Why is anyone here giving that ingrate any thought. He's completely disrespecting all of the players living and dead that are true HOF'ers. I think the HOF board of governors should call a meeting and since little whining boy doesn't want to come to the hall and be inducted like everyone else has, they should vote and rescind his offer to be inducted into the HOF and go even further and tell him that there will never be another time when his name will ever come up for a vote again and then he'll never have to worry about making the trip to Canton.

He’s disrespecting nobody, stop overreacting as usual

RoboQB

Reaction score
You said it was a nice touch, and criticized him in the same breath, the process and him being snubbed wrongfully and being denied a first time ballot guy was important to “him”. Him being on stage with those guys isn’t important to him as it is to you and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I'm not sure that you're aware of this but people can disagree with an act and still find some good in it. Even still respect
that person you disagree with. He was a great talent. I respected that. He was brought up hard. I respected that.
At 44 years old, this will be he last true celebration of him. He will regret his choice at some point down the road.

Dre11

Reaction score
I'm not sure that you're aware of this but people can disagree with an act and still find some good in it. Even still respect
that person you disagree with. He was a great talent. I respected that. He was brought up hard. I respected that.
At 44 years old, this will be he last true celebration of him. He will regret his choice at some point down the road.

It’s not about disagreeing with his choice, you’re saying he’s wrong, he will regret it , as if that’s an absolute.
You don’t know that, he may be at peace with his decision, and it’s not wrong. Then you attack me as a coach for something that’s not wrong in the first place. I don’t see the HOF as you do. It’s flawed.

RoboQB

Reaction score
It’s not about disagreeing with his choice, you’re saying he’s wrong, he will regret it , as if that’s an absolute.
You don’t know that, he may be at peace with his decision, and it’s not wrong. Then you attack me as a coach for something that’s not wrong in the first place. I don’t see the HOF as you do. It’s flawed.

Okay. In my opinion, he will regret this one day when he is old and gray, thinking of friends he might've made.
No charge for the poetic post.

As a coach, I disagree with your philosophy of how to mold young men in a small but effective way.
I actually believe your take on this is an example of what's wrong with many youths today. I don't know if
that is an attack. We can let the mods sort it out.

But hey, no big deal. Let's go have a beer... lol

I don't disagree with you very much.

Dre11

Reaction score
Okay. In my opinion, he will regret this one day when he is old and gray, thinking of friends he might've made.
No charge for the poetic post.

As a coach, I disagree with your philosophy of how to mold young men in a small but effective way.
I actually believe your take on this is an example of what's wrong with many youths today. I don't know if
that is an attack. We can let the mods sort it out.

But hey, no big deal. Let's go have a beer... lol

I don't disagree with you very much.

I didn’t mean an attack in that manner. this has nothing to do with molding youths If you’re not telling youths to be themselves and who they want to be , not what others think they should be, to be phony for masses, put on a front. Then you got it wrong imo.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

No, it's extremely lame. It's extremely lame that a guy like Ray Lewis is a first ballot HOF with the crap that is in his past, yet a top 10 WR of all time had to wait to get into the HOF? Give me a break.

HOF has been a joke and the ceremony is a joke. TO doesn't have to show the NFL anything and has no obligation to show up and support the very people that overblow his "problems" in the NFL while they turn around and support someone as shady as Ray Lewis because he toutes God and pretends to be a holy man.

The NFL and the media surrounding it loves their heroes and villains - yet the very people that should be villainized are heroes while divas are demonized.

Good for TO and I hope he embarrasses the NFL even more than it has been the past couple years.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I didn’t mean an attack in that manner. this has nothing to do with molding youths If you’re not telling youths to be themselves and who they want to be , not what others think they should be, to be phony for masses, put on a front. Then you got it wrong imo.

Man, that's really twisted. No, that's not it at all.

I'm more into teaching them to lead by example. None of the look-at-me nonsense. And I'd be
careful with the whole "let them be themselves" message. There are plenty of high schoolers
messed up inside and in need of role models... like say, a coach.

Look, regarding TO, I just think it's an obvious mistake and a lost opportunity. That's all.
And again, I do think it's a nice move on his part choosing to have a free event at his alma-mater.
I really hope he gives a great speech. I'm not sure he's even going to speak.

RoboQB

Reaction score
No, it's extremely lame. It's extremely lame that a guy like Ray Lewis is a first ballot HOF with the crap that is in his past, yet a top 10 WR of all time had to wait to get into the HOF? Give me a break.

HOF has been a joke and the ceremony is a joke. TO doesn't have to show the NFL anything and has no obligation to show up and support the very people that overblow his "problems" in the NFL while they turn around and support someone as shady as Ray Lewis because he toutes God and pretends to be a holy man.

The NFL and the media surrounding it loves their heroes and villains - yet the very people that should be villainized are heroes while divas are demonized.

Good for TO and I hope he embarrasses the NFL even more than it has been the past couple years.

The use of the word "lame" has been way over-used in our conversation so I'm tapping out after
this post. It is a missed opportunity to be bigger than all the petyness. In my opinion, he will regret
this decision. You disagree and it doesn't matter what I think. I get it. There's no more to say.

Dre11

Reaction score
Man, that's really twisted. No, that's not it at all.

I'm more into teaching them to lead by example. None of the look-at-me nonsense. And I'd be
careful with the whole "let them be themselves" message. There are plenty of high schoolers
messed up inside and in need of role models... like say, a coach.

Look, regarding TO, I just think it's an obvious mistake and a lost opportunity. That's all.
And again, I do think it's a nice move on his part choosing to have a free event at his alma-mater.
I really hope he gives a great speech. I'm not sure he's even going to speak.

Who are you to tell a young man not to be themselves no matter if their messed up or not they still need to be themselves, you can’t begin anything if you don’t know who you are as a person...lol and the whole lead by example is dangerous , because it depends on what type of example you are. But in the grand scheme of things, this has nothing to do with shaping young men, because what T.O is doing isn’t wrong.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Who are you to tell a young man not to be themselves no matter if their messed up or not they still need to be themselves, you can’t begin anything if you don’t know who you are as a person...lol and the whole lead by example is dangerous , because it depends on what type of example you are. But in the grand scheme of things, this has nothing to do with shaping young men, because what T.O is doing isn’t wrong.

Okay dude. You win. I mean, I thought I did the agree to disagree thing a few posts back.
You're far too emotional about TO sticking it to the voters.

I treated my players like I did my sons. I did everything I could to steer them away from the
wrong crowds and told them to put the work in no matter the task. I did all I could to
teach them to be a model student and a model citizen. Was I always successful?
No, but I didn't just stand aside and watch it happen.

Teenagers are mischievous and ornery. If you let them be themselves too much, you're asking for trouble.
Boundaries need to be set. That starts at home. But hey, we're getting in a bit too deep.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dre11... as a coach, shouldn't you teach the importance of Team? There's 10 other teammates on the field on every play. No player wins or loses alone.