Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Wow 4th rounder. 49ers did good for a guy who they were probably going to cut. I wish we could have got him earlier before the 1st preseason game so we could see him in our offense.
We’d be crushing Jerry for the move the whiners just did but hey we do love our rivals.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I LOVE THIS TRADE!!!! Not because of Trey Lance but because it's the first time in Dak's career that his perch has been remotely threatened. Freaking love it!! Either Dak will rise to the occasion and play his butt off or he won't. LOVE IT!!!!

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Just looked at his college highlights. Reminds me of a right-handed Tebow lol.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dallas spent what they assume will be a late 4th. So not too terrible for a gamble on a young player.

49ers cut ties from an epic fail of a draft pick--passing on Micah Parsons, Penie Sewell, Jamar Chase, Kyle Pitts and Patrick Surtain for............... Trey Lance.

But I do give them credit. If you dont think hes the guy then cut ties and move on.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lance is raw he only started 17 games in college and four games in the NFL. He was 2-2 in the games he started with San Francisco. He’ll likely have more upside than any QB we could draft in the fourth round next year.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If he shows ANYTHING, you can flip him for a decent pick.

We've seen plenty of teams do this in the past.
Actually I think Lance is insurance for Dak’s contract extension. The fact that Dak has not signed the extension is telling. Lance at 23 years of age is the most talented quarterback prospect on the roster since Aikman. Remember he was a top 3 pick in the Lawrence draft.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Actually I think Lance is insurance for Dak’s contract extension. The fact that Dak has not signed the extension is telling. Lance at 23 years of age is the most talented quarterback prospect on the roster since Aikman. Remember he was a top 3 pick in the Lawrence draft.
Can he play though? Talent is just a word. Like people saying bumman fat is talented with nothing really proving it