Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

Swagger

Reaction score
I think it’s just the opposite. They don’t like the guy. And they hate Prescott also.
Anyone who dislikes Prescott has to love this move even if Lance doesn't progress. It tells everyone the front office are considering their options with Prescott. He hasn't been offered an extension, Parsons and Lamb will be given gigantic contracts next year. It clearly shows that they are looking at cutting Prescott next year post June.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with this pickup. We didn't give much and the return could be great. The people complaining about it usually just complain anyway so there's that........

Qcard

Reaction score
Dak Haters selling the Narrative

Flashback...Andy Dalton is the Same, Cooper Rush has better win rate, Trey Lance beat out Purdy and Sam Darnold to star is the next Dak Hate Fantasy :lmao: :laugh: :laugh:

Realistic fans....at least we don't have to watch Cooper Rush's arm wither away IF Prescott goes down for any time:muttley:

Trajan

Reaction score
Some of y’all are just absolute clowns.

The dude is 23 years old. He still has plenty of time to develop and he’s actually a legit talent.

He missed football because of the viruz and a injury.

The risk reward is great.
This ! I do worry that Jerry seems to like cast off 1st round guys, but if we sit Lance for a couple seasons, train him up maybe he can prove worth. Many teams had him highly rated, the problem was Lance’s very low number of throws and playing time. Redshirt the guy. And maybe he pans out.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
At first I thought, why? But now, I think he is a developmental player who might be able to start when Dak ages out. I see it as a move for the future.

morat1959

Reaction score
Some of y’all are just absolute clowns.

The dude is 23 years old. He still has plenty of time to develop and he’s actually a legit talent.

He missed football because of the viruz and a injury.

The risk reward is great.
He could be a bridge gap if they go big in the next draft.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Didn't see this coming. I'm good with it. Grier obviously didn't impress. It will be interesting to see what he can do here.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Well I will say a 4th rounder won’t exactly kill the Cowboys. It’s a low price.

I just have zero faith in them being able to turn him into something worthwhile if Shanahan couldn’t…that’s all

stiletto

Reaction score
Interesting. Obviously Will Grier is gone. Maybe a little leverage in resigning Dak but not much. High upside for the price really.

T-RO

Reaction score
Here are facts:

1. Lance will be third string QB, so this requires we carry 3 QBs. It will cost Dallas a roster spot elsewhere (Most expected us to carry just two QB on 53)

2. It'll be extremely difficult for Trey to get practice reps at all for the 2023 season. Camp prep is about over. And since he can't go on practice squad he'll have little chance to develop aside from just learning the offense. (3rd string guys get virtually no reps in-season)

3. Lance has been insanely raw since he was drafted and hasn't advanced far. Does have unique raw physical ingredients.

4. In addition to the 4th round pick Dallas will lose $2-3 million AAV that could have gone towards extending Micah, Steele, Lamb.

Opinion:
It's wildcatting. A wild gamble but with potentially big return.