Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Woah, Dakmageddon

Me running to Cowboyszone comments ... lol

nz4YOnO.gif
Lmao

T-RO

Reaction score
He's by far the best athlete at the QB spot on the squad. RPO baby lessgo. Deuce, Dowdle and Pollard in RPO with the guys outside? Whew! Lessgo! Lance needs a series package and some goal snaps soon. He can do things Dak can't and never could with his legs.
Tebow-packages! ROAR!

;)

T-RO

Reaction score
That’s the problem in believing you can fix problems other people have tried very hard to fix. He may have been talented when he came out but when he couldn’t show any progress after 2-3 years in a QB friendly offense he’s no longer a good prospect. IMO
Agree on this point:
NFL evaluators take on Lance @draft
NFL evaluators take on Lance in August 2023

Two.Different.Things.

erod

Reaction score
I stand corrected.... so why did they draft Love. Wasnt Rodgers basically being a PIA and talking about retirement? Regardless... they used a 1st rd pick on love and it was NOT a distraction. Love patiently waited his turn..... like it used to be in the old days.
It was shocking. Rodgers was PO'd. That was the beginning of the end for him there. He needed offensive weapons, and instead, they drafted his replacement.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
He has more physical tools than any Dallas QB, including Dak. Probably more physical tools than 25 NFL starters. Size, speed, arm strength are top tier.

As for accuracy? Footwork? Ability to read a defense and react? Decision-making? All big questions right now.
At this time...I don't agree but maybe later.

JayFord

Reaction score
How much yall wanna bet if the Eagles did it the move would be praised

"OMG Howie is playing 4d chess...look how Hurts developed with Siranni and if Hurts goes down they have someone who can fill in and do the same"

"hey if it doesnt work out Howie got a high drafted QB for only a 4th he can flip that and trade him why doesnt Dallas make these moves"

ive come to the conclusion a good portion of yall are eagles fans

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yeah I was wondering about steve young...and knew he languished in Tampa...but thought he was a late 1st.

So....yeah.....1 guy....in the last , what 37 or 38 years or so? I know Favre started in atlanta....but he wasn't a Bust there, he just didn't take off there.

So....either Lance is the 2nd guy in 4 decades....or....he's like the other 100 or 150 guys who started off as a bust...and stayed a bust.
Steve Young was not drafted into the NFL out of college.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
Agree on this point:
NFL evaluators take on Lance @draft
NFL evaluators take on Lance in August 2023

Two.Different.Things.
There were numerous analysts saying Lance was a bust the moment he was drafted. Look it up.

Also. There are numerous rumors that have been going on for 3 years now about the owner of the 40 whiners demanding that Lance be drafted for ulterior motives and superseding Lynch and Shanahan. Now of course they will never admit that, but many of the fan base with inside connections to the team say that was why he was over drafted.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
2 things... dont talk **** to me. 2nd) lets keep it real. When my back up goes 4-1... I dont give one damn the reason why. In previous years when our starter went down, we were as bad as any team in the league So lets keep it real.... Cooper was 4-1, thats all that matters.
Keep that same energy when Dak wins. And then...don't talk **** to me! But truth be told....Rush is a decent backup....at best! He wouldn't be a starter anywhere in the NFL. And he wouldn't be a #2 QB on many teams

JayFord

Reaction score
yall make no sense on this board

get a QB that if McCarthy can develop and work with can start for this team and move on from Prescott which is something yall been crying about

ohh find someone to push Dak

HELLO! HERE IT IS!!!! hes here to develop so we have a QB that if Dak cant get it done soon will take over if he develops

hello!!! your whining has been answered

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
yall make no sense on this board

get a QB that if McCarthy can develop and work with can start for this team and move on from Prescott which is something yall been crying about

ohh find someone to push Dak

HELLO! HERE IT IS!!!! hes here to develop so we have a QB that if Dak cant get it done soon will take over if he develops

hello!!! your whining has been answered
You were right before saying many were fans of other teams. Their goal is failure of the team and nothing more.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

One of the picks that the 49ers gave up in the move to draft Trey Lance was number 12 overall in the 2021 NFL Draft.

San Francisco gave it to Miami, who later sent it to Philadelphia in the move that netted them Jaylen Waddle.

The Eagles jumped up from there with the Cowboys in their move to select DeVonta Smith.

Dallas used the 12th overall pick - which again originally started with the 49ers that was a part of the Lance ordeal - to select Micah Parsons.

Trey Lance and Micah Parsons are now teammates on the Cowboys.

-

Your mind is blown.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yeah, the drunk owner outbid for a bust…

Only this place can turn chicken $@#T into chicken salad….
:popcorn:

Dag gum where's that can of Pooph when needed to clear the air?

Talk real football here...

T-RO

Reaction score
There were numerous analysts saying Lance was a bust the moment he was drafted. Look it up.
You make quite a claim. Link it.

And don't post some guy who merely thought he was over-drafted. Post a guy who said he "was a bust" in March of that year.