Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Steve Young was not drafted into the NFL out of college.
Tampa Bay drafted him in the usfl supplemental draft and later traded him to SF.

Young bought out his Express contract and signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who had made him the first pick in a supplemental draft of USFL and CFL players a year earlier.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If Lance is so "wonderful" why did the 49ers give him up?
Attitude in franchise...they didn't like the current focus and weren't going to develop with recent injury histories and what else was still on the line. What happens to them if their running back leader is taken from them?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Keep that same energy when Dak wins. And then...don't talk **** to me! But truth be told....Rush is a decent backup....at best! He wouldn't be a starter anywhere in the NFL. And he wouldn't be a #2 QB on many teams
I root for Dak... im a COWBOYS FAN. I hope Dak wins MVP... so do not confuse where my loyalties are. And yes... Rush is a back up. If he were a starter hed be on another team. BUT, hes our backup and he was 4-1 last year and he kept us in the hunt. Dak returned and the stunk it uo against the niners. BUT, Rush did what he was paid to do.... give us a chance. Dak is paid to win... he didnt do that.

mmohican29

Reaction score
You make quite a claim. Link it.

And don't post some guy who merely thought he was over-drafted. Post a guy who said he "was a bust" in March of that year.

Exactly... Everyone thought he'd be good. You can seek a contrarian opinion in any instance. Lance was named the 2022 starter for a team that was potentially headed to the Super Bowl.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
thats all this board wants is failure because a large portion arent even cowboys fans

they cant be.....ive never seen such nonsense
Sorry man, I feel you. It becomes very clear when you talk about other team's rosters as they come out to defend said other teams with a high depth of knowledge.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Well we probably had one other one playing for us Ryan Leaf. That worked out well.
Tons of difference in character alone!!

He also went to prison...as to failure, Bill Parcells' quarterback ended up in a league playing for Corpus Christi until he was removed for marijuana charges. Quincy Carter

Last edited:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It's just Jerry gambling again. He never takes the QB position seriously. If Dak fails he's hoping he can make Lance our next qb to prove how smart he is.