Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

NickZepp

Reaction score
how can you take for another first round quarterback when you just paid one a big time contract and how you're gonna get out from underneath kyler Murray's guaranteed money and dead cat money??? That doesn't make any sense at all I mean once you lay out that kind of cash you don't have much of A choice and I mean how bad are the Cardinals at picking first round quarterbacks and head coaches because they did it two years in a row and now they're already looking to blow it up again
Cardinals are weird because I watched them several times last year the least bad part of the team is the QB. Maybe the only other good player they have is the DB Baker. Rest of their roster is pretty much trash. The Cardinals may be like the Browns destined to suck.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I like this trade to be honest. A dice roll for a guy with by all accounts good character, nice measurables, playing the most important position on the field.

The Cowboys should treat QB like every other position, competition and depth are critical. QB’s can be a major asset and trade chip behind #1, and also help win games when #1 goes down.

The kind of exploratory trade the 2 dopes in the FO don’t do enough of frankly.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He seems upset.

I'm sorry you were so wrong and now we're stuck with a bum QB making Mahomes money. I'm not interested in playing your fan boy game of how I would clean up your mess. I would have been smart enough not to ever make it.
mahomes money? how is that mahomes money.

given you are truly high school girl drama queen TMZ.,

16 QBs make 30M or more. 11 make 40M or more.

but perhaps you lost internet access and been away or in a coma for a few years. the NFL has changed.
oh, there are also cars today that are electric. that will blow your mind

Reactions: CWR

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Really?

In 2010 the Cowboys drafted Dez Bryant. He was injured in training camp and didn't play a single down of preseason football. Nor did he participate in a single practice during training camp.

And yet, there he was in the first quarter of game #1, in the first drive. Right away Romo threw two consecutive sideline passes to him that netted a total of -1 yards. Why was he playing at that particular time? My theory is Jerry wanted to show off his new toy.

My point is that Jerry isn't really a true GM because he doesn't think like a true GM. A part of his mentality, the "owner side", is going to want to involve Trey Lance, somehow, this season. I don't mean he will start, but it could involve designed plays. Successful results of those plays could be used as leverage in contract negotiations.

You are going to say that is crazy, the idea is pure fantasy. Well for pure fantasy, how about this quote from Jerry Jones?

"Emmit Smith is a luxury, not a necessity."

Jerry said that during Emmitt's contract negotiations in 1993. Emmitt sat out, the Cowboys lost their first two games, Emmitt came back, the Cowboys became the first team to go 0-2 and still win the Super Bowl and Emmitt was it's MVP.

If contract negotiations get ugly Jerry Jones will mention the name of Trey Lance. He shouldn't but he will.
:laugh: So you have an unsubstantiated theory as to why the Cowboys played Dez, their first round pick, after a TC injury and a throwaway posturing line from contract negotiations from ~30 years ago.

From that you have concluded that the Cowboys will use Lance's existence as an active negotiating tactic today. Nevermind that Stephen now handles the day to day in contract negotiations since the Parcells era, just :lmao:

Jerry just seems to have made you deranged.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

but perhaps you lost internet access and been away or in a coma for a few years. the NFL has changed.
Risen comes up with a take and sticks with it into infinity. He's like a stopped clock. He can be right sometimes but it is not because of any insight in and of himself.

kskboys

Reaction score
I can’t read 46 pages right now. Please tell me no one is complaining about a 4th round pick on a guy that was drafted 3rd.

Or lie to me I guess.
IDK, please tell me no one is basing their evaluation on draft slot 3 years ago.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Let Dak play out the remainder of his deal.

No need to extend him for mega millions.

TL is his replacement for cheap.

Save $$$ and use the savings to rebuild the team.

Well played Jerry.
Do you know what his cap hit is next year?

kskboys

Reaction score

Well played Jerry.
I'd be fine w/ that if TL could play. So far he's been horrific, and just got beat out by Sam Darnold. And that's after being tutored by known QB guru Shanahan.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Buddy, the Rams did it. You have to be willing to tank.
This happens all the time here. A suggestion is made based upon what others teams just successfully accomplished with the least few years, and some people act like it can't possibly happen.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Well played Jerry.
put the annointing oil away as Parcells famously said. let lance actually accomplish something before you give him the starting job and in your mind dust off the trophy cabinet.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score

Well played Jerry.
The Lance era can’t come soon enough. I would have been happy with Cooper Rush but Lance will do. Yeehaw!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
And what has Dak accomplished? Huh?!?
LOL. quick spin into a different subject...hey look over there...squirrle....

this isn't about Dak. its about you already annoiting Lance the next starting QB of the cowboys...when he has been nothing but a bust up to this point. there is zero facts. zero evidence to say he is capable of doing anything in the NFL. as a matter of fact there is more evidence that he has been a bust. so just put the cap back on the annointing oil bottle

CWR

Reaction score

He wanted to trade the farm for Wentz, who he affectionately labeled "the next Tom Brady." Lol, love that guy.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
LOL. quick spin into a different subject...hey look over there...squirrle....

this isn't about Dak. its about you already annoiting Lance the next starting QB of the cowboys...when he has been nothing but a bust up to this point. there is zero facts. zero evidence to say he is capable of doing anything in the NFL. as a matter of fact there is more evidence that he has been a bust. so just put the cap back on the annointing oil bottle
And we have how many years of Dak to tell us he can’t win us a SuperBowl? I’m sick and tired of these results. Give me Lance or Cooper Rush. I have seen enough of Dak to last me a lifetime. He processes slow!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
they are OK with Rush, they want better. also, they are taking a low cost flier, on a developmental player. they have two years to see if this kid can turn it around. if not, then they know where they stand and they have to hit draft.
I totally agree. I am not sold that they are just going to give Dak a big extension. I think this is a show me year for him. He must cut the turnovers and play well vs good defenses. If not they may be moving on. I trust Mike McCarthy on QBs. Dak has been hurt 2 of Mike’s 3 years. Now McCarthy is closer to the offense. By the end of this season he will tell Jerry what the real deal is.

CWR

Reaction score
Really?

In 2010 the Cowboys drafted Dez Bryant. He was injured in training camp and didn't play a single down of preseason football. Nor did he participate in a single practice during training camp.

And yet, there he was in the first quarter of game #1, in the first drive. Right away Romo threw two consecutive sideline passes to him that netted a total of -1 yards. Why was he playing at that particular time? My theory is Jerry wanted to show off his new toy.

My point is that Jerry isn't really a true GM because he doesn't think like a true GM. A part of his mentality, the "owner side", is going to want to involve Trey Lance, somehow, this season. I don't mean he will start, but it could involve designed plays. Successful results of those plays could be used as leverage in contract negotiations.

You are going to say that is crazy, the idea is pure fantasy. Well for pure fantasy, how about this quote from Jerry Jones?

"Emmit Smith is a luxury, not a necessity."

Jerry said that during Emmitt's contract negotiations in 1993. Emmitt sat out, the Cowboys lost their first two games, Emmitt came back, the Cowboys became the first team to go 0-2 and still win the Super Bowl and Emmitt was it's MVP.

If contract negotiations get ugly Jerry Jones will mention the name of Trey Lance. He shouldn't but he will.

It's ironic because a large portion of this board would agree on that quote by Jerry. Hindsight is convenient, but most posters see RB as easily replaceable.

Jerry basically said the same thing about Demarco and then down the road caved to Zeke and got lit up for doing so.

kumizi

Reaction score
Pretty obvious most Cowboys fans have never seen Lance play if they think he’s coming in to replace Dak. Most uneducated fan base in sports.