Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Strawman and you know it. Use the 4th round pick on a trade that actually helps us win this year. Unless you think all that junk about us having the deepest team in years is just that--junk.
Ya... super bowl here we come!

Beaker42

Reaction score
He needs a lot of work. If he doesn't see the field for awhile, the odds of him panning out go up. I don't see it working out, but I'll give it a few years before judging it.
Think you left out “not” ahead of “panning” …… or I could be wrong.

JustChip

Reaction score
Jim was productive STARTER for 4 years then traded. Not even close.
Plunkett also had 3 years of starting experience in college. He should have been light years ahead of Lance at the same point un their NFL careers.

But the point is that he never had a winning campaign in those 4 years with NE and threw more interceptions than TDs, was generally considered as a disappointment given him being the #1 overall pick. And he did nothing to dissuade that with his lackluster performance in his 2 years with San Fran.

His stint in Oakland certainly wasn’t stellar until he was a mid-season injury replacement. And his back-to-back SB years with Oakland were surprising and resurrected his reputation.

ArmChairGM

Reaction score
Think you left out “not” ahead of “panning” …… or I could be wrong.
No. He doesn't need to see the field for awhile. It's my belief that a lot of promising quarterbacks that are raw coming out have been ruined by seeing the field too soon.

He needs a lot of work.

Reactions: CWR

Dorsett33

Reaction score
the wanted him in the afc so bad that they traded him to an nfc east team.....lol
niners are keeping it classy and trying to show the young man respect.
You're speaking for the Niners when there were reports. They won't send him to an AFC team over business sense...duh. A 4th rd pick over a 5th. Has nothing to do with classy, young man. It's business sense. But you'll keep going on and on until you think you're right. Some of you...the common sense just didn't make it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I love Shanahan. But he's no QB whisperer. His system is QB less. It was really confusing why they made the move to trade so much to get TL. SF needed the cash and found a way out. TL was signed for the same reason. Dallas will need cash for Micah. Dak eats too much of it. TL may have seen the writing. A Shanahan QB has a real short shelf life. TL prob wanted out and practiced like it.
so your saying trey is daks replacement starting in 2023??
that isnt going to happen, if it does I would be shocked.

Trey hasnt shown anything to make anyone think he can be a starter in the nfl.
But the way the jones boys think, they might be thinking that lol.

Loso86

Reaction score
college coaches didn’t think highly of his skill set, and he only displayed that at a low level for a season.
Guess the scouts are all dumb then and teams that had him in the top 2 rounds too

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Another Matt Johnson:

Injury History​

DateLeagueInjuryDetails
Feb 15, 2020Non-NFLKnee Meniscus TrimTrey Lance used crutches following a medical procedure for a lower-body injury suffered in high school.
Aug 29, 2021NFLHand Finger FractureLance suffered a finger injury during the preseason win against the Raiders. He was good for the 49ers' season opener against the Lions.
Oct 10, 2021NFLKnee Strain Grade 1Lance suffered a left knee sprain in the 49ers' loss to the Arizona Cardinals. He missed one game.
Sep 18, 2022NFLPedal Ankle FractureLance's injury came on a zone-read run.
Sep 18, 2022NFLPedal Ankle DislocationLance's injury came on a zone-read run.

Dumb trade, even for Jery.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Another Matt Johnson:

Injury History​

DateLeagueInjuryDetails
Feb 15, 2020Non-NFLKnee Meniscus TrimTrey Lance used crutches following a medical procedure for a lower-body injury suffered in high school.
Aug 29, 2021NFLHand Finger FractureLance suffered a finger injury during the preseason win against the Raiders. He was good for the 49ers' season opener against the Lions.
Oct 10, 2021NFLKnee Strain Grade 1Lance suffered a left knee sprain in the 49ers' loss to the Arizona Cardinals. He missed one game.
Sep 18, 2022NFLPedal Ankle FractureLance's injury came on a zone-read run.
Sep 18, 2022NFLPedal Ankle DislocationLance's injury came on a zone-read run.

Dumb trade, even for Jery.
And Dak hasn’t been hurt?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
They pretty much gutted their team the year after winning the SB. Remember?
Im not sure it was gutting they knew that was comming plus injuries... they did mortgage the future for a SB and again I'm not saying that was bad desicion, I'm pretty sure i could live with it at this point but 27 years and such....

Loso86

Reaction score
it happens. routinely.
All of them yea ok. It takes more than 2 years to tell. Plus HAS the talent. New team new scheme, new locker room amd coaches goes a long way for the confidence in a player. Yall be killing me tryna throw players away so early