Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A reminder for members who may not read it in (every time) in the gameday thread:

Threads created during the game will be automatically deleted.

There are plenty of non-threads to post Dak Prescott-related comments. Dak Prescott comments in the gameday thread will be deleted. That may also hold true for Trey Lance comments.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don’t know if KS is a QB guru.. his offense is built on the zone blocking schemes and running the ball, with a lot of play action. Who has he really developed?
Bingo. I always considered him more of a run game guru than anything else. Just like his dad.

Remember when his dad was a head coach and could turn just about anyone into a 1000 yard back and have a dominant running game?

Kyle has been the same way. But he hasn’t actually developed any QB’s. Purdy will be his first if he makes it.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I will be when Dak chokes yet again and the Dakfanatics are spiraling making excuses.
Spoken like a true Cowboys fan. Wanting the team to lose just so you can come here and be "right" about Dak Prescott.

This is why people make fun of Dallas fans, right here.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
This thread explains the NFL acumen of this board.

Im the only post in here that asks the question of who is let go because of this signing.

Thats the real NFL question here. Sure, if in a year or two we can squeeze some NFL talent out of him when the 49rs couldnt, great.

We will now carry 3 QBs. We haven't done that in years.

Again, who looses a spot in order to keep this guy? RB3? Fowler? Goodwin? Joseph? WR6?

Forget about Lance the player. All that matters now is the roster spot he takes up. At least for this year. Maybe, at best, he can replace Rush next year. All this move does for us this year is removes a roster spot.

Personally, its yet another stupid move by Jerry. Thinking he can take others garbage and turn it into diamonds. Grier was a 2nd round pick. He looks awful.

Whoever is in charge of evaluating our QBs needs to be fired.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
This thread explains the NFL acumen of this board.

Im the only post in here that asks the question of who is let go because of this signing.

Thats the real NFL question here. Sure, if in a year or two we can squeeze some NFL talent out of him when the 49rs couldnt, great.

We will now carry 3 QBs. We haven't done that in years.

Again, who looses a spot in order to keep this guy? RB3? Fowler? Goodwin? Joseph? WR6?

Forget about Lance the player. All that matters now is the roster spot he takes up. At least for this year. Maybe, at best, he can replace Rush next year. All this move does for us this year is removes a roster spot.

Personally, its yet another stupid move by Jerry. Thinking he can take others garbage and turn it into diamonds. Grier was a 2nd round pick. He looks awful.

Whoever is in charge of evaluating our QBs needs to be fired.
If the 49ers pluck a player off our practice squad that would be some irony. Somebody who was otherwise about to be on the Cowboys’ 53 man roster is not going to be now.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If the 49ers pluck a player off our practice squad that would be some irony. Somebody who was otherwise about to be on the Cowboys’ 53 man roster is not going to be now.
Plucked off waivers you mean.

I'm sure they know who is and isn't making the team and are good with it.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Plucked off waivers you mean.

I'm sure they know who is and isn't making the team and are good with it.
I believe a player on a team’s practice squad can be picked up by another team if he’s going to be on that team’s 53 man roster. I believe the players negotiated that in the current CBA. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that’s why Trey Lance will have to be on the Cowboys’ 53 man roster or be exposed.

stinkface

Reaction score
I have come to the absolute conclusion that half of the people on this board would like for Jerry Jones and Dak both to not wake up tomorrow morning. The amount of hate posted on this forum regarding those twoi is repulsive. Never seen anything like it and I have been a fan for 60 years. Incredibly sad.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No I don't know more than Shanahan. But who knows why they got rid of him. There are politics in every industry....including professional sports. But what was said FROM THE 49ers is they didn't even want him in the NFC. They preferred him to be in the AFC. That alone tells you a little more...;)
the wanted him in the afc so bad that they traded him to an nfc east team.....lol
niners are keeping it classy and trying to show the young man respect.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Spoken like a true Cowboys fan. Wanting the team to lose just so you can come here and be "right" about Dak Prescott.

This is why people make fun of Dallas fans, right here.
Acting like cowboys fans are the only stupid humans?

Bro....dude...come on

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have come to the absolute conclusion that half of the people on this board would like for Jerry Jones and Dak both to not wake up tomorrow morning. The amount of hate posted on this forum regarding those twoi is repulsive. Never seen anything like it and I have been a fan for 60 years. Incredibly sad.
You might be over assuming. Wanting a different qb or commander equals their death?
Interesting take....wonder who we should really be worried about.....

links18

Reaction score
How does not making this trade and picking in the 4th round of next year's draft help us win a championship this season?

I'll wait for the answer...
Strawman and you know it. Use the 4th round pick on a trade that actually helps us win this year. Unless you think all that junk about us having the deepest team in years is just that--junk.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Finally this team has something to get excited about. I don't care if Lance eternally sux forever. At least they shot a missile across the bow of the aimless sinking ship that is Dak. This is past due. Dak has earned nothing. The skins on the wall are wild card wins against crap teams. I get more excited about @GORICO guarantees than I do watching Dak
wow---so the Plats are not the worst of all time?....coming up in the world....i will take it