49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk requests trade

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Only the NFL team owners can fix this mess. They need to demand % salary limits (based on a yearly salary cap) be set for every position, especially the top team salary costing positions, if they ever are going to give all teams a chance to truly be competitive.
How do the Chiefs, Ravens, 49ers, aka successful playoff teams, figure it out?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah

-He’ll get paid much more than he’s worth

-WR isn’t even a huge need, nor is it conducive to championship teams

-the Jones family is cheap
It's not even that they are cheap. They aren't at the bottom of the league in spending. It's just a matter of how to allocate money and who to.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
This is the beginning of the end for that 49ers team. Their chance was last year and they blew it. They won't be able to keep up with all the contracts they have, especially after Purdy signs. Their window has closed, bye bye!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Only the NFL team owners can fix this mess. They need to demand % salary limits (based on a yearly salary cap) be set for every position, especially the top team salary costing positions, if they ever are going to give all teams a chance to truly be competitive.
“demand”? Owners can demand anything they’d like. The NFLPA can, too. But everything must be negotiated. If the owners want something of value from the players they need only offer the players something they want…of equal or greater value. The system is fine. If an owner is no longer enamored with the NFL they can sell their franchise. The players have only one professional football league in which to sell their services. Players play for pay, owners pay to play.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he can arguably be one of the best receivers in the league. I’m not sure why they can’t sign him in San Fran.
Probably because they don't feel they can pay market or more for McCaffrey, Samuel, Kittle & Aiyuk. It may just be a matter of prioritizing and determining best allocation of cap money

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Probably because they don't feel they can pay market or more for McCaffrey, Samuel, Kittle & Aiyuk. It may just be a matter of prioritizing and determining best allocation of cap money
I get that but I mean I’m prioritizing him over every name you listed but Cmac.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think he can arguably be one of the best receivers in the league. I’m not sure why they can’t sign him in San Fran.
Oh I think they can sign him.......I think they are fighting over what he thinks he's worth on the open market vs what THEY think he's worth in Shanahan's offensive system. Remember they have McCaffrey, Deebo and Kittle ......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh I think they can sign him.......I think they are fighting over what he thinks he's worth on the open market vs what THEY think he's worth in Shanahan's offensive system. Remember they have McCaffrey, Deebo and Kittle ......
I think he’s better than all of them but CMac. I think he has potential to be a top 5 receiver in the league.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Why are all teams not truly competitive now? The team he’s requesting a trade from has been to 3 straight NFCCGs

The whole point of the current salary cap system is to allow all teams an equal footing

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Guys don't think we can sign the big three right now and they want to sign a guy that will get CeeDee type money - more than Amari Cooper had.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Phone call would be over quick.

Aiyuk's agent: "What are you offering for a a contract extension?"

Stephen: "We would like him to play out his deal and see where the leaves fall..... Hello? Are you still on the line?. Dad! These agents are being mean again."
no different than what the niners are doing... isnt it?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
As explosive as our WR room would be, we have much larger needs than WR. I don't want to give up a 1 or more. Maybe if they'd take, say, a 2 or a 2 and a 5, I'd be fine with it. We wouldn't be able to extend him, so I wouldn't want to give up more than that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe? We'd have more than 1 great receiver anyways.

giphy.gif