4th Quarter, 3 TD Lead, Meaningless Game

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Totally disagree with you. Reasonable people would understand the backup quarterback getting some reps in a 42-21 blowout in a meaningless game.

I think you are misinterpreting most people's view on the Dak/Romo thing a few weeks ago too.

We agree that reasonable people would interpret it correctly. It sounds like where we disagree is in how many people are not reasonable, and how much of a distraction that minority can create for a press that's happy to run with any distraction in Dallas they can get their hands on.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Romo was not activated for a single game in his first season. many folks look at his statistics and assume that 2004 was his first season. It was actually the first season he was activated and all he did that season and next was hold for field goals and extra points.

Tony Romo played hid first snap as an NFL quarterback in his 4th season.

Not trying to diminish his accomplishments. As an undrafted free agent, his story is remarkable in any case.

But Dak......I haven't seen anything like him since the first time a group of guys got together and decided to play a different game we now know as American football.

I'm well aware that Romo didn't start unit '06, which makes Dak's season much more impressive.

This time last year, Dak was in Starkville.

Romo had two years in the system before he started, and Dak's season is better, and his team is better.

Romo fans LOVE their stats…Dak's are better.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Tony's not the traditional backup QB, and I think you're seeing that in how we are handling this. I never expected Garrett to put him in mop-up duty, and I think the same holds true next week. I think he only plays if Dak is hurt.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Choosing an arbitrary statistic as a basis for comparison is not a fact; unless you wish to amend some of your earlier statements. Pull the other lever.

Arbitrary…lol.

They are their stats, and Romo fans LOVE stats — Dak's are better.

Bury your head all you want. I can't help you.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After what Dak did tonight, how could there be much of a controversy? Garrett didn't even give Romo the courtesy of a home stadium send off. Just weird....

If I'm Garrett, I don't even consider playing Romo. Nothing good comes from it, only bad.

And if I"m Romo, I don't particularly want the home stadium sendoff, for that matter. I want to play and to compete while I can. The rest is window dressing.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If you think playing Romo doesn't start another round of talk show craziness during the two weeks of downtime we have going into the playoffs, I want some of what you're smoking.

I get that people love Dak now, but I'm not saying either QB is better than the other. I'm saying you don't want the unnecessary controversy it would 100% bring to Dallas. If you don't think it would, just look at any of the available QB threads for confirmation.
Just handing off will cause fans to demand Romo?

I don't see it, I think letting Romo take the home field one last time would have been the classy move by Garrett, especially if all were going to do was hand off

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tony's not the traditional backup QB, and I think you're seeing that in how we are handling this. I never expected Garrett to put him in mop-up duty, and I think the same holds true next week. I think he only plays if Dak is hurt.

Team apologist.

See, he's not the "traditional backup" QB. Whatever that means. It's a position the Cowboys just created. Unconventional back up. That's Romo.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Arbitrary…lol.

They are their stats and Romo fans LOVE stats. Dak's are better.

Bury your head all you want. I can't help you.
I can't help you make sense, either... but it won't stop me from trying. But in the meantime, it's time for you to meet the rock.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just handing off will cause fans to demand Romo?

I don't see it, I think letting Romo take the home field one last time would have been the classy move by Garrett, especially if all were going to do was hand off

We can agree to disagree, then. But like I said, that sleeping dog finally laid down. There's no reason to kick it. Putting in Tony to hand off a football is more embarrassing as a token gesture than a nice send of to him, anyway, however well-intended it might be.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We can agree to disagree, then. But like I said, that sleeping dog finally laid down. There's no reason to kick it. Putting in Tony to hand off a football is more embarrassing as a token gesture than a nice send of to him, anyway, however well-intended it might be.
Token gesture or not, letting Romo's last play as a Cowboy be him getting taken off the field on a stretcher is not cool.

What would it have hurt to have Witten run out 5 yards and turn around and let Romo throw it to him?