4th Quarter, 3 TD Lead, Meaningless Game

Silverstar

Reaction score
That's it folks, if Jerry doesn't want Romo to play mop up....he won't...period.

links18

Reaction score
Hmm, its not worth the risk to play your back -up, but is worth the risk of leaving your starter out there for the entire game after you just watched a playoff bound team lose their starter for the duration? And you didn't even suit up the other guy? Coach Jones knows best, I guess.....

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I don't blame him. We're a professional football team not a circus act. No disrespect to Tony, but we didn't need a million story lines about a few snaps tonight. Maybe next week.

Ren

Reaction score
And Dak takes every snap? Coach knows best, I guess....

If you're going to give garbage time to someone make it Sanchez, but he needs to be active for that. Romo has been the man here for a decade throwing him out there for garbage time would be an insult at this point

links18

Reaction score
If you're going to give garbage time to someone make it Sanchez, but he needs to be active for that. Romo has been the man here for a decade throwing him out there for garbage time would be an insult at this point

And they didn't even suit up Sanchez. Weird. They suited up a back -up they are afraid of playing?

links18

Reaction score
Honestly, it seems like Jerry wouldn't mind if Dak got injured so Romo could come in and resume the starting job. It's beyond bizarre that Romo is too precious to go out and do his current job, which is serve as back-up.

Its absolutely mind boggling.....

Reaction score
Honestly, we put far too much discussion into what the talking heads are dishing out. They're like gremlins with microphones and keyboards trying to stir up the masses.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I'm well aware that Romo didn't start unit '06, which makes Dak's season much more impressive.

This time last year, Dak was in Starkville.

Romo had two years in the system before he started, and Dak's season is better, and his team is better.

Romo fans LOVE their stats…Dak's are better.

You said the key phrase. His team is better.

WHICH of Dak's stats are better than WHICH of Romo's? Do you think stats are the sole determiner of who is better? Do you think there are other factors (like which team is better)?

Dak is currently the starter. At this point in the season Dak is remaining the starter regardless of what happens. Unless the team is 100% set on keeping Romo next year, not putting him in this game in the 4th qtr is a huge insult to him. Put him in, even if it's just to hand off, and let the fans say goodbye and show their appreciation (those who are smart and mature enough to do so).

khiladi

Reaction score
You said the key phrase. His team is better.

WHICH of Dak's stats are better than WHICH of Romo's? Do you think stats are the sole determiner of who is better? Do you think there are other factors (like which team is better)?

Dak is currently the starter. At this point in the season Dak is remaining the starter regardless of what happens. Unless the team is 100% set on keeping Romo next year, not putting him in this game in the 4th qtr is a huge insult to him. Put him in, even if it's just to hand off, and let the fans say goodbye and show their appreciation (those who are smart and mature enough to do so).

His OC, OL, RB.. did I mention OC...

kevm3

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but Romo hasn't done enough for him to be babied. He's the backup and he needs to go in during garbage time or be deactivated so that a backup qb that we can let do the job of the backup qb can get on the field.

Speaking of insults, it's not an insult to Dak to keep him in in a blowout game, despite him manning the helm of a 13 and 3 season? If we can't expect Romo to perform the backup qb duties, then he needs to be deactivated.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sorry, but Romo hasn't done enough for him to be babied. He's the backup and he needs to go in during garbage time or be deactivated so that a backup qb that we can let do the job of the backup qb can get on the field.

Speaking of insults, it's not an insult to Dak to keep him in in a blowout game, despite him manning the helm of a 13 and 3 season? If we can't expect Romo to perform the backup qb duties, then he needs to be deactivated.
I'm only quoting you, because you're the last person to post. But WHY is it important to have Romo play? Serious question. I know which side of the fence I'm on, but I don't get the angst to play Romo. He's the backup, but he's a very expensive backup. Financially, it makes a lot more sense to play Sanchez in a relief role than Romo.

I don't see it as babying Romo and I don't look at it as an insult to play him either. I just don't see the point.

links18

Reaction score
I'm only quoting you, because you're the last person to post. But WHY is it important to have Romo play? Serious question. I know which side of the fence I'm on, but I don't get the angst to play Romo. He's the backup, but he's a very expensive backup. Financially, it makes a lot more sense to play Sanchez in a relief role than Romo.

I don't see it as babying Romo and I don't look at it as an insult to play him either. I just don't see the point.

Maybe, but why is Romo active then and not Sanchez?

kevm3

Reaction score

To me, it's important that if he's going to take up a roster spot, that he does the role that he's currently assigned. If he's the back-up QB, then he should have gone in when the game was out of reach. I don't know what other organization would keep their starting QB in the game to protect the back-up. If Romo can't perform back-up duties and be trusted to finish up a quarter of football, when for what reason is he taking up the spot? Keeping him in and letting him on the field only if Dak gets injured and he gets the starting role back is putting one player above the team. If we're not going to put Romo in during a blow-out for example or if he's too precious to be on the field during halftime in Philly if we take the lead, then Sanchez should be activated and Romo should be deactivated.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

The job of the backup is to play when the starter is injured, not to be some kind of mop up guy... not even to necessarily protect the starter from being hurt. They have been consistent in saying that they feel like they have two quality starters at the position. If you feel that way, then why would you have anxiety about one of them getting hurt? You play to win.