50+ minutes of Dak winning games in the clutch

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
As I said, this idea Dak is clutch all boils down to his Linehan years as a game manager, while Dallas fielded the number 1 OL and RG in the league, with Zeke leading the league in rushing attempts year in and out wearing down defenses.

The bogus nature of this claim of being clutch is more than seen in his 2017 performance, particularly when Zeke was suspended and he couldn’t put up double digit points against any team with a winning record. This was also the year he has the highest-rated QBR against the blitz.

Stats are meaningless without context. As I said, presenting these stats like it’s some “new revelation” is completely asinine as this was the “mainstream” claim his first 3 years while all of us Dak-haters were saying this type of stuff is misleading and Dak sucks. Even SI was saying after the 2018 season he is the most clutch QB in the league and we were telling you this is a farce and facade and he’s a bum. You are telling us nothing new and it’s just a re-packaging of an old claim.

Even SI, despite their marketing of him as an “eraser who cleans up the stray marks” knows it was because of Zeke taking all the attention of the defense.

To clarify, he was not the source, the source was Zeke and the OL completely wearing down the front line, where Dak in a simplified offense could sit back and make basis throws up keep the chains moving.

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/a...tt-cowboys-rams-clutch-nfl-playoffs-tony-romo

As I said, when you start to see the OL and RG start to deteriorate, from all-world to what every decent team QB gets to work with regularly, his flaws, his worst being his lack of mental awareness and processing speed, will become more and more apparent. The guy makes some of the most bone-headed decisions of any QB in the league.
You sure like talking about 4+ years ago. Essentially all you are really saying is that Linehan is a better OC than Moore. The doomcasting is fun though.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because i saw when you posted it and you were doing the same defletion so I just pointed it out again. Your repeated behavior reminded me of that dogs behavior so I added it.

Get over us and yourself and try talking about the topic.

What is it you want me to address? I will....but be specific.
Still have not addressed it and insist on this off topic emotional tripe.
You still have not told me what I'm not addressing. Would love to clear it up for you.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
STHU, troll! That's all you and your hating troll buddies got. You have to make it personal because you've got nothing when it comes to stats. Why do y'all even follow the team? Dak is not going anywhere. Go follow another team. You haters will not be missed. Guaranteed.
You gotta a lot of nerve lecturing other people on decorum.

THIS...is how you treat people that dare disagree with your OPINION.

Like a petulant little child.

BTW..I'd say it's YOU that should seek help. Anger issues.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Look at their playoff stats and passer rating percentages. Yeah, you better frigging believe it.
Chad Pennington, Jeff Garcia, Daunte Culpepper, Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith, McNabb come to mind when I watch Dak play.

Dan Marino? Na. Not so much. Not even the slightest.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You too??? Once again, I DIDN'T BRING UP DAN MARINO. YOU AND ANOTHER POSTER DID. I simply replied to your response to me when YOU BROUGHT UP DAN MARINO.

For the record, I proved with playoff stats that Dak has a better proven QB passer rate + % of playoff games of shooting a 90+ passer rating than Marino has. That's a fact. You're wrong. Period.

Plus, what do you call Dak bringing the team back for a late 4th quarter win this past December 25, 2022 at home against the Eagles? Dak did the same come from behind in the 4th quarter to help beat the Texans on December 11, 2022. Dak also brought the team from behind to tie the game late, send it to overtime and pull out a win in overtime at the Patriots on October 17, 2021. Dak also led the Offense for a last seconds left in the game for a winning FG at the Chargers on September 19, 2021.

I could go on and on. I don't know where you got those stats, but they are wrong. Way wrong. Check out the games and dates the past two seasons I just listed above. All games which Dak led the Offense late in 4th quarters for a win.
No, I didn't mention Marino (other than responding to you).
No those trailing >2 mins rating of 55 isn't wrong (as with many, you can ignore, but the figures are right).
Those comebacks are fine, but I'm talking being clutch, where he's got no safeguards, where it's TD or bust, and when we're in 2 minutes.....that's clutch.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You still have not told me what I'm not addressing. Would love to clear it up for you.

Marino and Aikman's playoff stats as similar or worse than Prescott.

He gave you specific stats comparing the two and you asked him a question about his personal preference. He gave it with basis of the stats.

All you have done is ad hominem and you won't admit that Marino's playoff stats were inferior to Prescott's.
I hope the obtuseness is intentional.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope the obtuseness is intentional.
You have my apologies. I wasnt aware that i was asked anything about marino versus dak. I went way back....couldnt find where i was asked....therefor i was avoiding nothing. My point...way back there, was that ac chided another forum for bringing in marino to discredit dak. And i reminded him he discredits other players to prop dak. Two sides of the same coin. The strong logic escapes him....and you. So you gang up.

So i will answer your question then. Since i now know what it is you actually want.

I didnt watch, or dont remember, marinos playoff games. But if im doing a pickup game, both "in their prime"....im picking dan. Id probably pick him over any qb since staubach. Regardless of his playoff numbers.
So i hope this answers your question you can stand down now i hope.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You have my apologies. I wasnt aware that i was asked anything about marino versus dak. I went way back....couldnt find where i was asked....therefor i was avoiding nothing. My point...way back there, was that ac chided another forum for bringing in marino to discredit dak. And i reminded him he discredits other players to prop dak. Two sides of the same coin. The strong logic escapes him....and you. So you gang up.

So i will answer your question then. Since i now know what it is you actually want.

I didnt watch, or dont remember, marinos playoff games. But if im doing a pickup game, both "in their prime"....im picking dan. Id probably pick him over any qb since staubach. Regardless of his playoff numbers.
So i hope this answers your question you can stand down now i hope.
You were asked about it multiple times. That was just the last time I reminded you. I don't find you credible at all.

Reaction score
I call him clutch when he stops ******** the bed in big games. Until then "choker" is more apt...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yo @khiladi you dodged these by creating another thread, you ignored it again in your new thread. Well that thread got locked because certain individuals instead of dodging rebuttals go on the attack. So now I give you another opportunity to defend your 4 year old article.

As I was rebutting in the other thread, your biasing ignores a huge change that occurred in a new OC and then HC. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing, in this case the same QB, and expecting different results. It makes sense to attribute a change to something that actually changed like coaches.

Further you were pointed to other very successful quarterbacks with similar stats to your bias again questioning causation.

Care to respond now?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
What he actually posits in that article is that when Moore took over, Dak's "clutchness" took a huge hit.

That actually bodes well because we have similarly changed the dynamic as was done 4 years ago. MM has a history of elevating QB performance from Brooks to Grbac to Rodgers particularly when it comes to interceptions.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Chad Pennington, Jeff Garcia, Daunte Culpepper, Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith, McNabb come to mind when I watch Dak play.

Dan Marino? Na. Not so much. Not even the slightest.
whomever is comparing Dak to Manning, Marino, Aikman and any other HOF or elite QB (including mahomes and burrows) is doing those QBs disservice. its also not fair to Dak being compared to those. this doesn't mean I am saying Dak sucks, as its a black and white thing to the Bash Dak over Dallas Cult. its just that he is not elite.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yo @khiladi you dodged these by creating another thread, you ignored it again in your new thread. Well that thread got locked because certain individuals instead of dodging rebuttals go on the attack. So now I give you another opportunity to defend your 4 year old article.

As I was rebutting in the other thread, your biasing ignores a huge change that occurred in a new OC and then HC. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing, in this case the same QB, and expecting different results. It makes sense to attribute a change to something that actually changed like coaches.

Further you were pointed to other very successful quarterbacks with similar stats to your bias again questioning causation.

Care to respond now?
why would he respond? this is more about throwing bombs. lying and just laying back. this is what trolls do. the intent is never been about discussion and exchange of opinions. its about TMZ and there is a few of those around.

btw, he is obsessed with Dak as 99.999999999% of his posts are Dak related. they can't comment on anything else. they lack that level of football understanding

@khiladi

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
whomever is comparing Dak to Manning, Marino, Aikman and any other HOF or elite QB (including mahomes and burrows) is doing those QBs disservice. its also not fair to Dak being compared to those. this doesn't mean I am saying Dak sucks, as its a black and white thing to the Bash Dak over Dallas Cult. its just that he is not elite.
This is about stats and their comparisons. People like to pretend they remember but they do not. Stats cut through the nonsense.

FWIW, a comparison is not an equation. This notion that you cannot compare QBs because certain ones are special is just emotional bias and essentially worthless.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
why would he respond? this is more about throwing bombs. lying and just laying back. this is what trolls do. the intent is never been about discussion and exchange of opinions. its about TMZ and there is a few of those around.

btw, he is obsessed with Dak as 99.999999999% of his posts are Dak related. they can't comment on anything else. they lack that level of football understanding

@khiladi
I am not going to speak for him. He does seem to run away when presented with contrary evidence that he cannot answer but I am willing to give him a shot to back up his claims.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No, I didn't mention Marino (other than responding to you).
No those trailing >2 mins rating of 55 isn't wrong (as with many, you can ignore, but the figures are right).
Those comebacks are fine, but I'm talking being clutch, where he's got no safeguards, where it's TD or bust, and when we're in 2 minutes.....that's clutch.
This is the third time you have come with this assertion and each time I asked where you got the 55 number from.

I looked for it could not find it and you keep repeating the same argument blithely.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Saints, Packers, Jets, Patriots, Bill, Bears, Eagles. My bad, i said early 5-6 its actually 7!

Saints, Jets, Patriots, Eagles had tons of chances in 2nd half couldn't move the ball at all couldn't even get the ball past the 50!
Packers, Bills, Bears got blown out and he did his usually stat padding off of full blown prevent defense mainly on the last 2 drives. To add on I sat and watched him choke on a terrible 4th down play against the vikings that same year. Couldn't hit Zeke on a screen which was actually a terrible target on the play anyways, throwing 5 yards short of the first down and missing him by 5 yards. So if you wanna make it 8 than so be it.

EVERYTHING I JUST SAID IS 100% FACT AND TRUTH THAT YOU AND EVERY DAKER WON'T BE ABLE TO ADMIT/COMPREHEND. FRAUDO IS TRASH, END OF STORY!
keep backtracking. you have gone from one assertion about 3+ hours of video you abandoned to another assertion. What games?
LOL