50+ minutes of Dak winning games in the clutch

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
You said 300 minutes of video. Just admit it was bluster and move on.

Yes the offense was not good in Garrett's lame duck season. You guys love to handwave at it. I am not interested in your change of subject.
Haha, you lost your homer argument. Good day sir.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
This is the third time you have come with this assertion and each time I asked where you got the 55 number from.

I looked for it could not find it and you keep repeating the same argument blithely.
You're either: too lazy, forgetful, or such eyed fan that you choose to undertake a half hearted search.

He's the link, and for further comments (where I looked at his figures in comparison to his contempories: Allen, Stafford and Cousins) you'll have to look at the Jekyll and Hyde thread.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PresDa01/splits/

The stats, like all stats dont give an equivocal answer, but what they do is give an indication 'WHERE HE STRUGGLES'....I compared this to his rating's with a lead where he (not the other 3 ive just mentioned) had a marked differential. Now if you want to think Dak can do anything, then fine, but these stats, along to some extent the eye test and the fact the 2022 INT's happened mainly in clutch, 3rd Down, long yardage or end of half ( All scenario's where he was outside of his comfort zone) suggest that Dak struggles in pressure scenario's.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You're either: too lazy, forgetful, or such eyed fan that you choose to undertake a half hearted search.

He's the link, and for further comments (where I looked at his figures in comparison to his contempories: Allen, Stafford and Cousins) you'll have to look at the Jekyll and Hyde thread.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PresDa01/splits/

The stats, like all stats dont give an equivocal answer, but what they do is give an indication 'WHERE HE STRUGGLES'....I compared this to his rating's with a lead where he (not the other 3 ive just mentioned) had a marked differential. Now if you want to think Dak can do anything, then fine, but these stats, along to some extent the eye test and the fact the 2022 INT's happened mainly in clutch, 3rd Down, long yardage or end of half ( All scenario's where he was outside of his comfort zone) suggest that Dak struggles in pressure scenario's.
@FuzzyLumpkins ....here's one of my subsequent responses, in that thread alone...... the comparisons to Allen, Stafford and Cousins were to verify whether this low 55 Rating was normal (or an outlier) and whether all four of them had a similar drop in performance when chasing that lead .....they didnt (and their differential wasnt half as marked as Daks).....this isnt necessarily a knock on overall Dak, BUT CERTAINLY CANT BE IGNORED, ESPECIALLY WHEN OUR LAST TWO SEASON ENDING GAMES ENDED IN THIS MANNER. Indeed, it may well be that we're better suited to going all out and taking risks (both sides of the ball) earlier on, as we arent great chasing a team down.

I looked up the stats to see how Dak's career figures stacked up when he had a lead as opposed to in hurry-up offense when trailing....the findings are quite dramatic.

Dak
Leading <2 min to go - 146 RTG
Leading <4 min to go - 106
Trailing <2 min to go - 55
Trailing <4 - 73

Excellent when he had a lead, but dramatic downturn when chasing. Just for a bit of context: Allen, Stafford and Cousins all had Ratings of over 80 in each of the trailing categories.

Mr Hyde does seem to come out when the pressure's on and the clocks ticking.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I hope the obtuseness is intentional.
I'll address that - where's Dak's title game numbers and how many MVPs has he won?

The obtuseness of refusing to acknowledge how the game has changed to more and more favor the QB so as to use raw stats to prove some kind of point that fools nobody has to be intentional.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
whomever is comparing Dak to Manning, Marino, Aikman and any other HOF or elite QB (including mahomes and burrows) is doing those QBs disservice. its also not fair to Dak being compared to those. this doesn't mean I am saying Dak sucks, as its a black and white thing to the Bash Dak over Dallas Cult. its just that he is not elite.
BS!

I showed statistical post-season facts on both Dak and Marino since someone else brought up Marino. The post-season stats are irrefutable. Dak has better post-season stats %s than Marino had. That's just a fact.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
@FuzzyLumpkins ....here's one of my subsequent responses, in that thread alone...... the comparisons to Allen, Stafford and Cousins were to verify whether this low 55 Rating was normal (or an outlier) and whether all four of them had a similar drop in performance when chasing that lead .....they didnt (and their differential wasnt half as marked as Daks).....this isnt necessarily a knock on overall Dak, BUT CERTAINLY CANT BE IGNORED, ESPECIALLY WHEN OUR LAST TWO SEASON ENDING GAMES ENDED IN THIS MANNER. Indeed, it may well be that we're better suited to going all out and taking risks (both sides of the ball) earlier on, as we arent great chasing a team down.

I looked up the stats to see how Dak's career figures stacked up when he had a lead as opposed to in hurry-up offense when trailing....the findings are quite dramatic.

Dak
Leading <2 min to go - 146 RTG
Leading <4 min to go - 106
Trailing <2 min to go - 55
Trailing <4 - 73

Excellent when he had a lead, but dramatic downturn when chasing. Just for a bit of context: Allen, Stafford and Cousins all had Ratings of over 80 in each of the trailing categories.

Mr Hyde does seem to come out when the pressure's on and the clocks ticking.
This is all BS. Where is the link?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
BS!

I showed statistical post-season facts on both Dak and Marino since someone else brought up Marino. The post-season stats are irrefutable. Dak has better post-season stats %s than Marino had. That's just a fact.
They are refutable because THE GAME AND RULES HAVE CHANGED TO INFLATE THE STATS OF MODERN DAY QBS.

Yes, I am yelling because that is what it takes to get through to some.

Where are the title game appearances and MVP awards? That will give you a much better comaparison between QBs of different eras.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They are refutable because THE GAME AND RULES HAVE CHANGED TO INFLATE THE STATS OF MODERN DAY QBS.

Yes, I am yelling because that is what it takes to get through to some.

Where are the title game appearances and MVP awards? That will give you a much better comaparison between QBs of different eras.
Inflate the stats? Ha! Marino had some of the best WRs to throw to in NFL history! Mark Clayton and Mark Duper during Marino's 80s years, followed by Irving Fryar during Marino's early 90s years. You act as if Dan Marino was limited by rules or had no weapons to throw to...which is not true.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
This is all BS. Where is the link?
It's in the post above the one you responded to....sorry not BS, you'll need a different excuse. Your reaction appears to show some concern. I'm not using the stat as a Dak Love v Hate, I'm saying it's the area of concern and that we can't afford to leave Dak in that position cos that's his kryptonite.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's in the post above the one you responded to....sorry not BS, you'll need a different excuse. Your reaction appears to show some concern. I'm not using the stat as a Dak Love v Hate, I'm saying it's the area of concern and that we can't afford to leave Dak in that position cos that's his kryptonite.
Within the last 2 minutes stat? What kind of BS is that??? How about the whole 4th quarter since in many games, the Offense does not get a chance to get the ball during those last 2 minutes in a lost game, whereas the Offense might have gotten the lead with over 2 minutes left but the Defense gave up the game by getting scored on within those last 2 minutes.

Whoever came up with that "last 2 minutes" BS sure was desperate to try to make Dak look bad.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Within the last 2 minutes stat? What kind of BS is that??? How about the whole 4th quarter since in many games, the Offense does not get a chance to get the ball during those last 2 minutes in a lost game, whereas the Offense might have gotten the lead with over 2 minutes left but the Defense gave up the game by getting scored on within those last 2 minutes.

Whoever came up with that "last 2 minutes" BS sure was desperate to try to make Dak look bad.
A nice deflection (when stats don't suit your agenda).
Pro-Football produced the stat and can be important (as opposed to 4th Q stats), because it highlights Dak's struggles when ultimate pressure is on him and he has to step up out of his comfort zone.
It's a red flag as we can't and shouldn't rely on Dak in those situations .... his fabulous Rating when leading, shows that we should be going all out to get that lead.
THIS ISNT AN ATTACK ON DAK, BUT AN ACCEPTANCE OF WHERE HE STRUGGLES.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
A nice deflection (when stats don't suit your agenda).
Pro-Football produced the stat and can be important (as opposed to 4th Q stats), because it highlights Dak's struggles when ultimate pressure is on him and he has to step up out of his comfort zone.
It's a red flag as we can't and shouldn't rely on Dak in those situations .... his fabulous Rating when leading, shows that we should be going all out to get that lead.
THIS ISNT AN ATTACK ON DAK, BUT AN ACCEPTANCE OF WHERE HE STRUGGLES.
What a bunch of malarkey! PFF? They are a joke. Selective data analysts. Like I said, why just the last 2 minutes? Make it the whole 4th quarter. One's Defense could actually be on the field and cost the game during those last 2 minutes.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
BS!

and take Marino over dak 8 days a weak. come on dude.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You were asked about it multiple times. That was just the last time I reminded you. I don't find you credible at all.
please link all these requests. If there are so many it should be easy.

Just saying "he is deflecting"...doesn't count. ACTUAL questions about Dak vs marino. Take your time...I'll wait.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
and take Marino over dak 8 days a weak. come on dude.
Nothing against Marino, but his receivers made him. They even said so. Don't believe me? Watch...

Mark Clayton: 4.41 40 yd dash
Mark Duper: 4.25 40 yd dash

Both were 5'9", but they were among the very best in route running, cutting, quickness, separation, getting open, jumping up for the ball and running after the catch. Give those 2 WRs to Dak, I guarantee Dak would be throwing for 5k+ seasons. The bottom line, Dak has better playoff stat % numbers than Marino had. That's because Dak has had lesser talented WRs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
With a retooled Offense, Dak is going to prove his detractors wrong this year...if he stays healthy. Guaranteed.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
What a bunch of malarkey! PFF? They are a joke. Selective data analysts. Like I said, why just the last 2 minutes? Make it the whole 4th quarter. One's Defense could actually be on the field and cost the game during those last 2 minutes.
Lol, not PFF, Pro-Football Reference, just shows you haven't bothered even checking.
His Rating is 55, so it doesn't matter whether Defense is on the field. WHY THE LAST TWO MINUTES (you ask), BECAUSE THAT's THE ULTIMATE TEST OF CLUTCH, PLAYING UNDER PRESSURE....THERE IS NO 'NEXT DRIVE'.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
With a retooled Offense, Dak is going to prove his detractors wrong this year...if he stays healthy. Guaranteed.
That's not the argument we're having, it's about him being clutch. Dak should well improve over last year, with a better roster around him, however, that 55 Rating is his career stat, which includes much better offenses than he had in 2022.