50+ minutes of Dak winning games in the clutch

dfense

Reaction score
42 games before throwing a TD in the last two minutes of any game. Against the Giants, Beasley, originally ruled out, but knee was in. That's almost three seasons.

Clutch takes some time.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol, not PFF, Pro-Football Reference, just shows you haven't bothered even checking.
His Rating is 55, so it doesn't matter whether Defense is on the field. WHY THE LAST TWO MINUTES (you ask), BECAUSE THAT's THE ULTIMATE TEST OF CLUTCH, PLAYING UNDER PRESSURE....THERE IS NO 'NEXT DRIVE'.
List the games! I dare you. Do their homework and show the youtube clips of those games supposedly where Dak has had the football inside the last 2 minutes but came up short. It's your argument, so show the proof. Back up your rhetoric.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
List the games! I dare you. Do their homework and show the youtube clips of those games supposedly where Dak has had the football inside the last 2 minutes but came up short. It's your argument, so show the proof. Back up your rhetoric.
I've given you the 55 Rating. Enough said.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'll address that - where's Dak's title game numbers and how many MVPs has he won?

The obtuseness of refusing to acknowledge how the game has changed to more and more favor the QB so as to use raw stats to prove some kind of point that fools nobody has to be intentional.
More mindless bias. Only MVPs and Super Bowls count now?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Okay and excellent demonstration of cherry picking.
Maybe, however, it still demonstrates that when he needs to step up (out of his comfort zone) and has the game on the line, Dak struggles with a 55 Rating.

You started the thread, well a 55 Rating when the teams trailing and with >2 min remaining just isn't clutch... just shows all that footage you showed in the OP was somewhat, as you say, "cherry picking".

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Maybe, however, it still demonstrates that when he needs to step up (out of his comfort zone) and has the game on the line, Dak struggles with a 55 Rating.

You started the thread, well a 55 Rating when the teams trailing and with >2 min remaining just isn't clutch... just shows all that footage you showed in the OP was somewhat, as you say, "cherry picking".
The stat is trailing, less than 2 min. There is no consideration to score. It doesn't capture what you think it does.

It just means that they are losing and it's the last two minutes. They could be down by 8 scores and that stat catches it. IOW, as well as close and late, it includes garbage time when the game is out of reach.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The stat is trailing, less than 2 min. There is no consideration to score. It doesn't capture what you think it does.

It just means that they are losing and it's the last two minutes. They could be down by 8 scores and that stat catches it. IOW, as well as close and late, it includes garbage time when the game is out of reach.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AikmTr00/splits/

Here are Aikman's splits. His rating in those situations was much much worse.
You did notice that Aikman's sample size if just 31 Attempts compared to Dak's 150. What marks Dak's as being something of note is how the trailing rating compares to his rating when leading (an impressive 146), a whole 91pt difference. I wondered whether this was normal, so I checked the three QB's he's mostly compared to: Allen, Cousins and Stafford, none of them had anywhere near as low a rating when trailing and the differentiate between leading and trailing was nowhere near are exaggerated as Dak's.

Whichever way you want to spin it, (blaming garbage time statst or not) his 55 Rating isnt good and you've probably seen his 73 Rating for >4 mins when trailing is great either (he again trails Allen,Cousins and Stafford).

In a thread calling Dak Clutch, these stats arent supporting your position.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Wow, you seriously don't understand football.

You do know that when it's 2 minutes left and you get the football but are losing, your opponent is most likely 100% of the time going to go into a "prevent" defense? In other words, they are going to rush the passer with 3 players (sometimes 4) while keeping 7-8 players back to cover your receivers. In other words, the chances of driving down the field for a game winning TD are highly against you!

Even then, Dak's passer rating of 55.2 when getting the ball and trying to drive down the field for a winning TD with less than 2 minutes to go sounds about what most QBs would be as well. Heck, look at Patrick Mahomes with the game tied and less than 2 minutes left in the game. He has a career 52.3 passer rating. Are you going to say he sucks? That's because Patrick Mahomes has had one of the best Olines his whole career, along with the best TE in the NFL, along with the fastest WR and some of the best WR crew, along with very good RBs and one of the best head coach/O-Coordinator in the game! Are you going to say he sucks just like Dak does? You don't even realize how hard it is to score at will and have a high passer rating with either the game tied or being down with less than 2 minutes left in the game. Tells me you probably never played the game.

20230715-174731.jpg

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You did notice that Aikman's sample size if just 31 Attempts compared to Dak's 150. What marks Dak's as being something of note is how the trailing rating compares to his rating when leading (an impressive 146), a whole 91pt difference. I wondered whether this was normal, so I checked the three QB's he's mostly compared to: Allen, Cousins and Stafford, none of them had anywhere near as low a rating when trailing and the differentiate between leading and trailing was nowhere near are exaggerated as Dak's.

Whichever way you want to spin it, (blaming garbage time statst or not) his 55 Rating isnt good and you've probably seen his 73 Rating for >4 mins when trailing is great either (he again trails Allen,Cousins and Stafford).

Right on cue!!!^^^^ :lmao:

What a troll! :facepalm:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wish Dak had the brains that Troy did. Troy knew how to play football...not in his backyard.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

My point wat that the bias was stupid not that Aikman was not clutch. The idea here is that prima facie Cowboys fans understand Aikman was a good quarterback.

And the "trailing" discussion was not spin. That was what the stat actually represented which was not "close and late" situations.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
My point wat that the bias was stupid not that Aikman was not clutch. The idea here is that prima facie Cowboys fans understand Aikman was a good quarterback.

And the "trailing" discussion was not spin. That was what the stat actually represented which was not "close and late" situations.
For me 'clutch' is that ability to come from tge depths and up your game when it matters.
My whole 'complaint/issue' with Dak is that he's unable to do it when it matters. He's an excellent QB with a lead and therefore the whole Cowboys gameplan should take that into account ....all out to get a lead.
There are Dak fans that don't accept he has any weaknesses, for me that's tantamount to saying let's just do the same ole and then getting shocked when we fail in the same manner.
Putting this into context, I don't think Dak's ever going to have such a complete roster as he'll have this season....I just would put emphasis on trying to take the advantage early which will play to Dak's strengths.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
For me 'clutch' is that ability to come from tge depths and up your game when it matters.
My whole 'complaint/issue' with Dak is that he's unable to do it when it matters. He's an excellent QB with a lead and therefore the whole Cowboys gameplan should take that into account ....all out to get a lead.
There are Dak fans that don't accept he has any weaknesses, for me that's tantamount to saying let's just do the same ole and then getting shocked when we fail in the same manner.
Putting this into context, I don't think Dak's ever going to have such a complete roster as he'll have this season....I just would put emphasis on trying to take the advantage early which will play to Dak's strengths.
So what?

Trailing still just means that they are losing with no regard to how much.

You are not even supporting your stat anymore which tells me you know its garbage. You don't need to tell me you are not changing your mind.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
So what?

Trailing still just means that they are losing with no regard to how much.

You are not even supporting your stat anymore which tells me you know its garbage. You don't need to tell me you are not changing your mind.
Obviously not all in garbage time ....just look at the last two games vrs 49ers?