50+ minutes of Dak winning games in the clutch

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you guys have such short memories? I don't even have to post a video. Rewatch the bookend games from last year. Game one and playoff game. That's your real Dak. That's 7 seasons right there and he looks the same in game 1 as he did in the final game. Actually worst.

You guys are backing the wrong horse but keep going, I'll just bump this thread in a few years when he's finally washed out.
If Dak is "Clutch" I'm Willy Wonka"....... :omg:

DAKCHOKA is his name and folding like a tent in crucial moments is his game!!!!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Do you guys have such short memories? I don't even have to post a video. Rewatch the bookend games from last year. Game one and playoff game. That's your real Dak. That's 7 seasons right there and he looks the same in game 1 as he did in the final game. Actually worst.

You guys are backing the wrong horse but keep going, I'll just bump this thread in a few years when he's finally washed out.
The real Scotsman argument. All you are doing is fixating on the games that frustrated you and deluding yourself that everything is like that. The point of the OP is that it is not like that.

Cognitive dissonance is fun.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They're trying the mind @ you and what you have seen in reality never happened.
Selling crazy no matter how many eggs Prescott lays.
LOL.....gotta laugh..... :muttley:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It’s like many of the clips showing Romo in the clutch. Until Dak does it in the playoffs the haters will continue to hate.
Yeah. At this point, there's clearly really no argument that can be made that is going to sway those who think he sucks or isn't clutch. Those who make threads like this are just spitting in the wind. The only evidence that is going to matter is a Super Bowl victory. Until that happens, it will be Dak sucks ... and even if that happens, it will be that they won despite him.

I'm not sure why those who back Dak devotedly are so concerned with swaying the doubters. Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate. ... Shake it off.

And yes, that will be the last time I ever quote Taylor Swift.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yeah. At this point, there's clearly really no argument that can be made that is going to sway those who think he sucks or isn't clutch. Those who make threads like this are just spitting in the wind. The only evidence that is going to matter is a Super Bowl victory. Until that happens, it will be Dak sucks ... and even if that happens, it will be that they won despite him.

I'm not sure why those who back Dak devotedly are so concerned with swaying the doubters. Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate. ... Shake it off.

You think I was trying to sway people's opinion? I wanted to see if they had a point and could defend their position of Dak not being clutch. Many have indeed moved their positions even if it is not to where I am at.

It mostly boils down to people being mad about the SF game.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You think I was trying to sway people's opinion? I wanted to see if they had a point and could defend their position of Dak not being clutch. Many have indeed moved their positions even if it is not to where I am at.

Which one?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The fans that say he “sucks” are complete idiots that just come here to stir up trouble

gimmesix

Reaction score
The fans that say he “sucks” are complete idiots that just come here to stir up trouble
I don't know if I'd classify all of them that way.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I don't think that it does, but believe what you want. Fans have been frustrated with this team for a long time. Taking it out on the QB is the easiest thing to do.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I don't think that it does, but believe what you want. Fans have been frustrated with this team for a long time. Taking it out on the QB is the easiest thing to do.
Have you read this thread? the number one reason they are mad is losing on the division round to SF two years in a row. They use that as the basis of him never being able to win.

I am not talking about fans in general, I am talking about the fans here. There is a huge difference.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd classify all of them that way.
If a fan has the opinion that Dak isn’t a very good QB or is average fine, but to claim he “sucks” takes a complete idiot. QB’s that suck aren’t even good enough to carry a clipboard on an active roster in the NFL. The fans that don’t like Dak go way overboard in their disdain for him.

gimmesix

Reaction score
If a fan has the opinion that Dak isn’t a very good QB or is average fine, but to claim he “sucks” takes a complete idiot. QB’s that suck aren’t even good enough to carry a clipboard on an active roster in the NFL. The fans that don’t like Dak go way overboard in their disdain for him.
I think fans exaggerate their positions to try to make a point. To you and me, that just makes them look stupid. I don't think they are complete idiots because of it. I just think they are products of the times we're living in where so many feel they have to take an all-or-nothing stance on anything.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Have you read this thread? the number one reason they are mad is losing on the division round to SF two years in a row. They use that as the basis of him never being able to win.

I am not talking about fans in general, I am talking about the fans here. There is a huge difference.
The San Francisco losses are the only current "proof" that they have, so they are going to lean on that. Before it was, he didn't play well enough early against Green Bay; if we'd have gone back to Romo, we would have won that game. (Not saying I know that we wouldn't have, just that it's a what-if argument that can't be won.) Or 2017 showed who Prescott really is. Etc.

The complaints and exaggerations concerning Prescott are nothing new. Thinking he'd never be able to win started the moment he became Dallas' quarterback. Risen, for example, started doing it the moment we didn't trade the world to draft Wentz.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think fans exaggerate their positions to try to make a point. To you and me, that just makes them look stupid. I don't think they are complete idiots because of it. I just think they are products of the times we're living in where so many feel they have to take an all-or-nothing stance on anything.
There’s fans that exaggerate things to try and stir it up with other fans. I remember when Dak suffered his ankle injury in 2020 and one fan posted that finally we have a real QB in Andy Dalton. The comment was all about trying to anger other fans and it worked. Some just come here to get reactions. They know their comments are going to rile up those who support Dak and that’s their intent. Those who try to lump him with Quincy Carter and some of the scrubs we used in the early 2000s are idiots!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The San Francisco losses are the only current "proof" that they have, so they are going to lean on that. Before it was, he didn't play well enough early against Green Bay; if we'd have gone back to Romo, we would have won that game. (Not saying I know that we wouldn't have, just that it's a what-if argument that can't be won.) Or 2017 showed who Prescott really is. Etc.

The complaints and exaggerations concerning Prescott are nothing new. Thinking he'd never be able to win started the moment he became Dallas' quarterback. Risen, for example, started doing it the moment we didn't trade the world to draft Wentz.
I won't argue that there are other reasons to be displeased. I am just saying that is what most are going with is the NFCCG narrative and blaming their scapegoat.

The media has been conditioning people with this narrative for decades. It started with "we cannot win a playoff game" and has been regressed since.

gimmesix

Reaction score
There’s fans that exaggerate things to try and stir it up with other fans. I remember when Dak suffered his ankle injury in 2020 and one fan posted that finally we have a real QB in Andy Dalton. The comment was all about trying to anger other fans and it worked. Some just come here to get reactions. They know their comments are going to rile up those who support Dak and that’s their intent. Those who try to lump him with Quincy Carter and some of the scrubs we used in the early 2000s are idiots!
I don't assume motive. I'm sure there are some who praised Dalton because they wanted to stir things up and some who did it because they truly thought he was a better quarterback. The same with Rush. I don't question whether they actually believe Rush is the better quarterback or whether they are just saying it to stir things up. I only question their football acumen.