50+ minutes of Dak winning games in the clutch

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dak entered the league in 2016 played through 2022. Missed most of a year with a injury. But regardless of the injury he has the most game winning drives in that time. I think 18 or 19. Doesn’t mean he is the greatest of all time. But a good sign he can play under pressure.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Ah yes, the time before TC is always good for revisionist history with a healthy dose of cherry picking

Riddle me this Batman, in the (roughly) 30 years since FA how many QBs have started for team for 7 years (yes 7 years) and never won back to back playoff games and then gone on to win the SB for that team?

30 years, 32 teams each year, that’s a lot of numbers, chances are there would be a few

I’ll wait
Begging the question isn't an argument. You can keep waiting for you to do the work yourself.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
On the final drive where the Cowboys "won" the game they were already leading - they had a 14 play drive to seal the game. Dak attempted 4 passes, completing zero of them. Clutch.
They went into the 4th quarter down 14-10. The offense came alive in the 4th quarter to the tune of 2 TDs. They did run out the clock on the final drive.

It is still a 4th quarter comeback. I get you only care about the emotional jollies.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If you haven't even appeared in a conference title game despite multiple 12+ win seasons after 7 years as a starter then you are the opposite of clutch.
that's a cowboys problem for the past 27+ years....so I guess Dak's Karma when he was born doomed cowboys. I bet somebody will say that.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LOL. so you went from when has he ever done that...sounding so sure, to now saying well it was only once.

hilarious

:lmao:

I know! Can you believe it? I can't understand why some posters cannot appreciate one playoff win in 7 years. What the hell do they want from him. Weapons?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You're talking about TB (Tampa, Tom Brady, whatever you want to call it) last season, right?

That game wasn't nearly as impressive as some of you are making it out to be. TB was a trash can who had no business playing a playoff game. Bravo to Dak for kicking a can. He sure stunk up the place the following week against a far superior defense.
beating a team 31-14 is impressive no matter how you look at it. and in the playoffs no less. and if not for a meaningless tampa TD in the last two minutes...so yeah, I get your agenda.

funny, you are so misreable. you can't even enjoy a cowboys win. you have to spin so that you can just Bash Dak. how misreable must it be to be you. you are a Bash Dak Over Dallas Cult member.

GoldenR

Reaction score
Clutch = ( in sports) When a meaningful or critical situation is at hand, in which the outcome of a game or competition is at stake......this player of the competition seems to thrive. If you think this is Dakota Prescott you are a straight clown!!!

CWR

Reaction score
I know! Can you believe it? I can't understand why some posters cannot appreciate one playoff win in 7 years. What the hell do they want from him. Weapons?

And the second anti-Dak lie is complete. We beat Seattle and Tampa.

Why can't yall make your case without lies and exaggerations? It's the always and never on this board that suck the hardest and create polar arguments when rational posters know the truth falls somewhere in between.

Yes he needs to do more, and the team, especially Dak, needs to be better in the 2nd round of the playoffs. This year without KM will show a lot about who he is.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
So now a 4 point deficit at the start of the 4th is considered a clutch comeback?

I weep for this new generation of fans.

GINeric

Reaction score
Yup, the grasping at straws to defend the indefensible is actually embarrassing to see.

He's actually played 6 full healthy seasons. Now if I told you other quarterbacks like P. Manning, Brees, Matt Stafford and a host of other good to great quarterbacks didn't have too many, if any, playoff comeback wins in their first 6 full healthy seasons....

How would you explain that? Are you going to spin it and give them a pass?

Good and great quarterbacks supposed to elevate the talent around them, correct?

So if many other quarterbacks who are supposed to be better than Dak couldn't manage more playoff comeback wins than Dak in 6 seasons, then we can hold them to the same criticism.... right?