50+ minutes of Dak winning games in the clutch

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
12 Fourth Quarter Comebacks, 19 Game-Winning Drives
Dak is tied for 107 in playoff win losses.
Chad P, Garcia, Plummer and Anderson I would say are all very fair comparisons of Dak. 2 of the worse teams to ever make the playoffs are his victims. Sad

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Dak and Romo tied for 107 in playoff win losses.
Chad P, Garcia, Plummer and Anderson I would say are all very fair comparisons of Dak. There is a reason they played for multiple teams also.
BC their original teams would not commit to them being the guy. All were good, none were great.

Chris Chandler 2 1 .667 Falcons
Blake Bortles 2 1 .667 Jaguars
Brock Purdy 2 1 .667 49ers
Tommy Kramer 2 2 .500 Vikings
Kordell Stewart 2 2 .500 Steelers
Daunte Culpepper 2 2 .500 Vikings
Rex Grossman 2 2 .500 Bears
Jalen Hurts 2 2 .500 Eagles
Wade Wilson 2 3 .400 Vikings
Jim Everett 2 3 .400 Rams
Jim Harbaugh 2 3 .400 Bears (0–1)Colts (2–2)
Vinny Testaverde 2 3 .400 Browns (1–1)Jets (1–2)
Michael Vick 2 3 .400 Falcons (2–2)Eagles (0–1)
Jared Goff 2 3 .400 Rams
Ryan Tannehill 2 3 .400 Titans

Ken Anderson 2 4 .333 Bengals
Jake Plummer 2 4 .333 Cardinals (1–1)Broncos (1–3)
Jeff Garcia 2 4 .333 49ers (1–2)Eagles (1–1)Buccaneers (0–1)
Chad Pennington 2 4 .333 Jets (2–3)Dolphins (0–1)
Tony Romo 2 4 .333 Cowboys
Dak Prescott 2 4 .333 Cowboys

Billy Kilmer 2 5 .286 Commanders
Alex Smith 2 5 .286 49ers (1–1)Chiefs (1–4)
@FuzzyLumpkins

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I get that you want to pretend like the regular season doesn't exist so you can handwave at a team stat but I am not sure what you are wanting from me.
I'm wanting proof of postseason and in season clutch performances to warrant a 160 million dollar contract and reason to keep #4 on the team. Seattle and TB wild card is not clutch. Beating philly without Hurts is not clutch. Losing to SF 2 years in a row when the defense played well in both games is not clutch. Don't make me dig up the past in season Dak blunders in December against the former Philadelphia team before they rebuilt. Also not clutch.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'm wanting proof of postseason and in season clutch performances to warrant a 160 million dollar contract and reason to keep #4 on the team. Seattle and TB wild card is not clutch. Beating philly without Hurts is not clutch. Losing to SF 2 years in a row when the defense played well in both games is not clutch. Don't make me dig up the past in season Dak blunders in December against the former Philadelphia team before they rebuilt. Also not clutch.
I get it. You are upset about certain biased outcomes. Sorry, but I don't care.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
You weren't around back then but I can assure you Captain Comeback didn't earn that title on the backs of one score deficits at 15:00 of the fourth qtr.

But hey, don't let history get in the way of your illogical ranting.

Have a good night, and don't hurt yourself with all that heavy lifting.
Okay, I have read all of this thread up to this post. I decided I would just let this play out, until your comment.

First off, your new age label ignores that more than a few people in this thread suggesting a comeback is being behind and ending up winning are guys who have been fans since the sixties.

Me personally, I saw the very first Cowboy game in the Cotton Bowl. So telling me about Staubach while ignoring he was also among the players who got behind before he geared up and came back seems disingenuous. He was as much at fault for the lackadaisical effort in the first three quarters as all the rest on the offense. Your criteria for what is a comeback starts with no demarcation point of what is and what is not. Is it 5 points? 8 points? Maybe it's 20 points? So you setting the standard which has no actual set in concrete number to make the call of is it or isn't it seems mighty convenient for your argument.

But what may be more to the point is if you polled every poster on this board and asked what they consider a comeback is, you might be an outlier rather than the standard you seem to profess your argument is.

But here is perhaps the only stat that matters. W or L. All the rest is a pissing contest.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Okay, I have read all of this thread up to this post. I decided I would just let this play out, until your comment.

First off, your new age label ignores that more than a few people in this thread suggesting a comeback is being behind and ending up winning are guys who have been fans since the sixties.

Me personally, I saw the very first Cowboy game in the Cotton Bowl. So telling me about Staubach while ignoring he was also among the players who got behind before he geared up and came back seems disingenuous. He was as much at fault for the lackadaisical effort in the first three quarters as all the rest on the offense. Your criteria for what is a comeback starts with no demarcation point of what is and what is not. Is it 5 points? 8 points? Maybe it's 20 points? So you setting the standard which has no actual set in concrete number to make the call of is it or isn't it seems mighty convenient for your argument.

But what may be more to the point is if you polled every poster on this board and asked what they consider a comeback is, you might be an outlier rather than the standard you seem to profess your argument is.

But here is perhaps the only stat that matters. W or L. All the rest is a pissing contest.
Reg season garbage time magician. Salary detail mathematician. Clutch time missing. Playoff game reminiscing (over the garbage time magic).That is the summary of #4 in your program. Gone are the days when the boys were the man. Rap it to the tune of biggie smalls is the illest

visionary

Reaction score
From proving your assertion? Look up burden of proof and assertions in argumentation and get back to me.

You are basically asking a question, assuming the answer and then asking me to contradict your assumption.

Your claim, your need to back it up.
All the twisting in the wind and contortions won’t change the facts

Run baby run

:laugh:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Reg season garbage time magician. Salary detail mathematician. Clutch time missing. Playoff game reminiscing (over the garbage time magic).That is the summary of #4 in your program. Gone are the days when the boys were the man. Rap it to the tune of biggie smalls is the illest
The he is not clutch in the regular season argument has been demonstrated false.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
All the twisting in the wind and contortions won’t change the facts

Run baby run

:laugh:
Run from what? Normally when people make these types of posts they talk about what someone is not addressing.

You asked a question and assumed the answer with no support then dared me to disprove your assumption.

you said:
Riddle me this Batman, in the (roughly) 30 years since FA how many QBs have started for team for 7 years (yes 7 years) and never won back to back playoff games and then gone on to win the SB for that team?

30 years, 32 teams each year, that’s a lot of numbers, chances are there would be a few. I'll wait.
Answer your own question or wait, I don't care.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Then why be a Cowboy fan since you are so certain gone are the salad days? Are you a masochist? Because you certainly aren't a soothsayer.

visionary

Reaction score
Run from what? Normally when people make these types of posts they talk about what someone is not addressing.

You asked a question and assumed the answer with no support then dared me to disprove your assumption.

Answer your own question or wait, I don't care.

Your answer tells everyone what the answer to my question is and that you’re running from it

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Seven years in the league and we're hanging our hats on one wild card home game from 4 years ago. Okay. :rolleyes:
No, I consider the 19 game winning drives in the OP. You are the one that wants to fixate on 6 games.

I was just demonstrating that someone was wrong. They actually did run away.