#53 Pick Anthony Fasano ND

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
shaq48 said:
You guys need to chill and think of the possibilities. With TO and Glenn the field can now be stretched on both sides, with a 2 te set and 1 rb the number of options is a dream. They say this kid can block as well as catch, I'm sure Weiss gave Bill the nuts on this guy, and Weiss knows NFL talent. With the field stretched on both sides the 2 te's can work the seem and over the middle like a dream. I see tons of 2nd and 3 yards this year. Now you can put a te in motion from either side and allow drew to really read the d. Makes first down against Dallas almost indefensible...what do you try to stop the deep threat of Glenn...the crossing pattern 10- 15 yards down field of TO , the Witten move to the seem or just acroos the middle for 5-8 or the new kid with the same as whitten from the otherside...or the handoff to the back. Whichever side TO lines up on assures the te on that side man to man and assures Glenn man to man. I see alot of zone coverages having to be played aginst Dallas....good luck with that. Rembmber to get the ball to Glenn or TO bledsoe nedds time...to get the ball to a te he doens't need much, 3 step drop bam complete for 6 -8 yards, second and 2...lol ..the defenses just had the best weapon against Dallas nuetralized blitz or pass rush. Now Drew has to quality TE's to throw to quick and beat the blitz. Makes your Olline so much better when qb can do a 3 step drop and pass. I think we average over 27 a game easy.

I like the way you think. I will take a Mark Bavaro clone anytime

Gaede

Reaction score
I really like this pick...I was surprised at first but he fits the scheme and, bottomline, is a good player.

He's like Bobby Carpenter on the other side of the ball

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Champsheart said:
In the 2 TE set we can do a much better job of protecting Bledsoe

I think you hit it there:hammer:
although he reminds me of that TE the Jets had... he was known as butterfingers here in NY LOL .... what was his name?

shaq48

Reaction score
plus it will be nice to have someone this size to chip on those Giant DE's instead of a rb. Strahan and Osi may not see much of Bledsoe this year....3 steps and bam..sorry Mike and Osi that played just happened with you not meaning much at all...lol...i HOPE WE TEAR THE gIANTS A NEW ONE.. i CAN'T WAIT....WHO'S lAVAR GONNA NOT COVER...LOL

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
pigskin fan said:
guess that means we won't be seeing that much of Crayton this year.
that's a shame.
how about some T.O. Martha Focker!(inspired by the "Meet the Parents" movie)

31hammer

Reaction score
Found this over at nflanswers.com

Pros: A good blocker and doesn’t mind staying in to help out the OL, a hard worker, good hands, was productive in college, decent speed, never injured, prototypical size, keeps improving, solid overall.
Cons: Not a great athlete like the others, could get stronger, needs to continue getting better in all aspects of the game.
Draft Exchange Analysis:
Anthony Fasano enters this years draft as one of the most underrated Tight Ends in the draft. He has good size and is a great blocker, often looking like a 6th lineman out there which is getting harder and harder to find in Tight Ends. He also is a very good receiver and can get downfield with his deceptive speed. On the year, Fasano has 45 catches for 564 yard with 2 TDs bringing his 3 year total to 90 catches for 1100 yards and 8 TDs. Fasano is also a hard worker and hasn’t had any off field problems. While Fasano encompasses all of these things, he isn’t as good as an athlete as some of the other Tight Ends in the draft this year. He also isn’t the biggest or fastest, but what sets him apart is his work ethic. Whoever drafts Fasano is going to get a tough, hardworking Tight End who could be a solid starter some day.

One Word To Describe Fasano: Underrated

Most Like: Jeb Putzier (Denver Broncos)

The more I read the more I like him. It's a good thing I live on the second floor. and didn't do anything rash

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
YoMick said:
I think you hit it there:hammer:
although he reminds me of that TE the Jets had... he was known as butterfingers here in NY LOL .... what was his name?

Anthony Becht?

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
shaq48 said:
plus it will be nice to have someone this size to chip on those Giant DE's instead of a rb. Strahan and Osi may not see much of Bledsoe this year....3 steps and bam..sorry Mike and Osi that played just happened with you not meaning much at all...lol...i HOPE WE TEAR THE gIANTS A NEW ONE.. i CAN'T WAIT....WHO'S lAVAR GONNA NOT COVER...LOL

Lavar's head will be spinning like that possessed chick in the Exorcist. So Bledoe will now have 7 blockers in front of him instead of the usual 5 or 6. That should allow Bledsoe to sit there and patiently wait until Owens gets 90 yards downfield before unleashing a bomb to him.

Austin28

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I don't think they are neglecting anything I guess the pick just came as a suprise. Had Dallas ran the 2 TE, 2 WR set last year this pick would not have been a suprise. I like Fasano and saw him play quite a bit last season with ND but again the pick just comes as a suprise.

Doomsday101!!!

Are you freakin' serious man?

Do you know anything about football, whatsoever?

Dallas ran the 2TE set a lot last year. It was their primary formation...

Over 12,000 posts and still not a clue ...

:laugh2:

If this was Bill O'relly's Fox News .. this would surely make the most ridiculous item of the day.

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
31hammer said:
Most Like: Jeb Putzier (Denver Broncos)

Hopefully this doesn't mean he's on the wrong end of "Jacked Up" every week.

31hammer

Reaction score
31hammer said:
Found this over at nflanswers.com

Anthony Fasano enters this years draft as one of the most underrated Tight Ends in the draft. He has good size and is a great blocker, often looking like a 6th lineman out there which is getting harder and harder to find in Tight Ends.

I like this part

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Austin28 said:
Doomsday101!!!

Are you freakin' serious man?

Do you know anything about football, whatsoever?

Dallas ran the 2TE set a lot last year. It was their primary formation...

Over 12,000 posts and still not a clue ...

:laugh2:

If this was Bill O'relly's Fox News .. this would surely make the most ridiculous item of the day.

Dallas ran some 2 TE sets we did not run it as much as what is now being reported. Yes I know a lot about football and chances are a lot more than you. So shut you pie hole idiot!!

BlueStar22

Reaction score
big difference in running two TE last year out of necessity and this year by choice.